Are hydroponics users just frustrated fishermen?

• Thread starter Cabi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cabi

Cabi

You don’t have to answer that. I know how frustrating it can be to pull your pole out and get no takers. Is it true that germinating with Hydro can improve your taproot before switching over to soil? Or is that weird?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I'm sure there are studies on this somewhere, but possibly, yes. I know a lot of people use bubble cloners and then go to hydro or soil from there. Not sure on exactly how much better the roots are as compared to something propagated from seed into soil..

Technically germinating with a wet paper towel and a plastic baggie is considered germinating with hydro, and this is a very popular method of sprouting seeds.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You don’t have to answer that. I know how frustrating it can be to pull your pole out and get no takers. Is it true that germinating with Hydro can improve your taproot before switching over to soil? Or is that weird?
I don't think it makes a difference. With such a small amount of young root growth in the grand scheme of things after it grows I can't see being of any benefit or impact

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I don't think it makes a difference. With such a small amount of young root growth in the grand scheme of things after it grows I can't see being of any benefit or impact

I have read studies on the difference between roots from clones and from seeds. They found that after 3 months or so there is literally no difference in root sizes, although the roots on plants started from seeds tend to develop a little more quickly, clones usually catch right up after a couple of months. The end results are basically the same, though.

Cabi

Cabi

I'm sure there are studies on this somewhere, but possibly, yes. I know a lot of people use bubble cloners and then go to hydro or soil from there. Not sure on exactly how much better the roots are as compared to something propagated from seed into soil..

Technically germinating with a wet paper towel and a plastic baggie is considered germinating with hydro, and this is a very popular method of sprouting seeds.
I recently saw a video Using Rockwool With Hydro in the roots were significantly bigger. That’s why I asked

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Many growers use aeroponic cloners and then plant the rooted clone in soil. Faster clone rooting that way.

Definitely gives a head start on roots but i dont see better results in the end regardless of method. gardening practices determine results.

Cabi

Cabi

Many growers use aeroponic cloners and then plant the rooted clone in soil. Faster clone rooting that way.

Definitely gives a head start on roots but i dont see better results in the end regardless of method. gardening practices determine results.
Good knowledge

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if you could excavate a soil grown mature plant,i think you would find the same system of roots,my thinking in water ,im buy know mean experienced first off,but the little seat time i do have,i found that when your water is low of feed ,the roots go crazy and grow buck ass wild looking for food,fill a damn can up with them,but if you maintain that same can you only have 1/3 rd of the buck wild bitchs,so in soil the soil itself is the mineral already has all the plant needs ,you can increase the root growth with microbes for more root explosion ,but sooner or later it gonna root bound on you,so in ground like i said if you could excavate that plant and compare the root system with no limit of restriction as water roots do ,they would be the same imo

Top Bottom