are male seedlings tall?

• Thread starter rural hick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rural hick

rural hick

what makes seedlings so tall? i have the same light under a dozen seedlings, yet some are 4" and some started with their first leafs coming out a 1". it is 7 White widow and 5 mazar afghan and the ratio is the same on both strains, about 50/50.

L

livinglegend

how high is your light above the seedlings?
if you light is really high, the seedlings are stretching to try and touch it. this is bad. since there seedlings, im assuming your using a flourescent light right now. keep it 6 inches to 1ft above the babies. the flouro wont doesnt get too hot.

some seedlings just shoot out fast, just dont let them stretch too much.

rural hick

rural hick

1 gallon for now. light (T5 48" 2 lamp 6500k) near 12'' from all plants. how do not let them stretch out too much...lower the lamp to 6" ??

D

DBanger

yep light is too high

bring the light down to six and it should fix ur problem

G

gmcjr

Im in the same boat ! Same strains plus big bud ! Mine are in 4 in. pots 3wks old today from seed . I havent done anything different to them , with 4 t5s 3-4 inches above the tops !! Was thinking genetics or bad / old seeds !! Goy mine from 420seeds .

rural hick

rural hick

I had 2 lamp 4" T5 6500k at 6" on 10 WWs and 3 MAs. They have seemed to stall.
Then I have came across a fixture that has 6 light sockets on a bar. I hung that abreast to the T5. I obtained 6 double sockets and installed 12 26watt 6500k CFLs. and moved the timer to 18/6. The seedlings have evened out on height, and have begun to veg a bit faster. still a bit light green tho, but seedlings have at least 8-10-12 leaves sprouting.
T5 + CFLs = 396 watts of fluro.
me thinks..T5 is 12,500 lumen
me thinks..12 CFLs is 19,200 lumen = 31,700 lumen
Is this too much lumen? i have read as long as i am under 33,000 lumen i am good i am good to go for seedlings and vegetation..correct?
I would like to keep this set up and later get my 400 watt hps or mh as it goes to flower..is this too much for now or will i have problems unforeseeable?
and since height is not a problem akin to getting too lanky, i have raised the light to 12"
the seedlings have begun to look like WW. never done MA but they look like the same strain.

L

livinglegend

i never put seeds in 1 gals at first. small cups. dixie.
lower the light a little too.

A

audia4king

what about under a 100 WATT FLUORESCENT HOW FAR SHOULD IT BE KEPT

rural hick

rural hick

i am going to jump in and say 6". but what kind of fluoro? ; tube or compact ? i have read where some are putting their CFLs as close as 1-2".

the plants by-passed the dixie cups. i only had to check moisture 3-4 x daily..

Top Bottom