Are my buds gonna be OK?

• Thread starter Bullmark69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bullmark69

Bullmark69

So quickly, I have 3 super skunk autos, 2 in their 9th week and one 10 days behind.
All grown in FFOF under an HLG 320XL LED. I fed them nothing but water until they began flowering about a month ago...then I’ve been very very light with the Fox farms nutes. Here’s my issue:
The younger plant began to bud the same time as the other two. It is a healthy dark green and the buds look amazing for such a tiny plant.....I’ve grown outdoors and know bud tend to progress.
The other 2 girls, one in particular, are fading and a few leaves are more yellow and have some brownish spots. I thought about and the younger plant is in soil that is fresher and less depleted of original amended nutes. So I’m thinking the older two are just hungry....deficient in something for sure, but in need of bloom nutes.
My question title addresses the buds....and ,to me, the buds on the hungry plants don’t look at far along and appear to have an abundance of pistils but less calyx growth.
Does everyone agree that the plants may just need more food?
And do you think these buds will eventually do their thing, fill in and plump up? The trichs are there for sure, but it’s like they are moving extra slow because of their need for food.....
It looks to me like the younger healthier buds will only need around 3 more weeks, while the buds in question may need a month or more...????
The breeder says 10weeks and we all know that means nada....but under perfect conditions I think it may be possible.
Check out my pics and lemme have it....
The younger healthier plant is the middle, shorter one. In case u can’t tell, it’s buds have more color and some orange hairs, while my lagging buds are mostly white hairs. Thanks to everyone for helping me.

Are my buds gonna be ok
Are my buds gonna be ok 2
Are my buds gonna be ok 3
Are my buds gonna be ok 4
Are my buds gonna be ok 5
Are my buds gonna be ok 6
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

They don't look like they're starving. There's plenty of nute burn.

I've never grown autos. If these were photo plants, I'd say you've got 3 weeks to go, at least. You could probably get a feeding it again if you wanted to, but if you're asking whether you should apply a lot more than you've been applying, I would say no.

Edit: As to the title of the thread: yes, your buds are going to be OK.

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

I've never grown autos. If these were photo plants, I'd say you've got 3 weeks to go, at least. You could probably get a feeding it again if you wanted to, but if you're asking whether you should apply a lot more than you've been applying, I would say no.

I just don’t see how they can have nute burn, except for earlier in the grow, which was from the soil being too hot...I guess. The big fan leaves have had burned/yellow tips for weeks....since before I gave anything other than water. Then my dosages have been maybe 20% of the volume recommended.....and half the frequency.
I certainly respect your insight, but it’s amazing how the same plant can be viewed by 10 people and all 10 have a different opinion. Some of those opinions are polar opposites too. I posted this on a different site and got responses ranging from too much water, not enough water, nute burned, not enough nutes, too cold in the grow room, calcium deficiency, potassium deficiency, phosphorus deficiency, etc etc.
It’s funny actually, and I enjoy hearing from others and really do appreciate any and all responses.
I just fed them, they were dry and pots were very light. I upped the nutes to almost what is recommended......so I guess I’ll wait and see.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I just don’t see how they can have nute burn, except for earlier in the grow, which was from the soil being too hot...I guess. The big fan leaves have had burned/yellow tips for weeks....since before I gave anything other than water. Then my dosages have been maybe 20% of the volume recommended.....and half the frequency.
I certainly respect your insight, but it’s amazing how the same plant can be viewed by 10 people and all 10 have a different opinion. Some of those opinions are polar opposites too. I posted this on a different site and got responses ranging from too much water, not enough water, nute burned, not enough nutes, too cold in the grow room, calcium deficiency, potassium deficiency, phosphorus deficiency, etc etc.
It’s funny actually, and I enjoy hearing from others and really do appreciate any and all responses.
I just fed them, they were dry and pots were very light. I upped the nutes to almost what is recommended......so I guess I’ll wait and see.
What damage is done is done. You will only see improvement in new growth. Which there won’t be any since you are in flower. Watch those now not so much the leafs.

sambapati

sambapati

Agree with the Mystic Master, everything is going to be OK until the buds go up in smoke. Don't forget to build In 48 hours of dark time prior to your chop -- it forces more THC production as the plant thinks it is dying ......

jamk911

jamk911

Its fine.. remember that more often than not leaves die off below the canopy near the midst of flower when the plants trying to put all its energy into forming its flowers and trichomes all at once.. once the flowers are formed and trichs begin coming in heavy... i usually notice my plant slow down severly in water and nute needs.

Weedolae

Weedolae

Agree with the Mystic Master, everything is going to be OK until the buds go up in smoke. Don't forget to build In 48 hours of dark time prior to your chop -- it forces more THC production as the plant thinks it is dying ......
Before to harvest i have to leet it 2 days in night mode for get strong thc ?

CannaDana

CannaDana

They look mighty fine, to me. If you want to send me some of the dried/cured bud, I'll give you a final opinion. 😁 😎

sambapati

sambapati

Before to harvest i have to leet it 2 days in night mode for get strong thc ?
this has been proven to be true, below is an auto after 48 hours in darkness it got those beautiful blue colors and dense trichomes

20220214 174101
20220214 173918
jamk911

jamk911

Bottom line and my take is.. idk if 2 days of no light at end truely helps...
but eh, it doesnt hurt soo why not..
Its like feeding your kids healthy.. you dk if it truely matters to the kid.. but it isnt hurting em for sure lol.

Top Bottom