Are my clones almost dead?

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Please help bring em back, they are getting wilty. First time makin clones, took the cuttings exactly 1 week ago today. Added 16 oz of RO water to bottom of rapid rooter tray and covered with dome...yes the water in the bottom plus the dome = overwatering so I dumped the water out of the tray 2 or 3 days ago, now the rooters are getting pretty dry. When I was just checking them now a couple cuts fell out of the rooter and there was ZERO signs of roots emerging from the cut, not that I expected roots to pop out of the rooter after a week but something should be showing at the bottom of the cutting, no? I think I'm gonna ditch the dome and put water back in the tray, as per Rapid Rooters packaging instructions...hope it's not too late.

Clones 001jpg
Clones 002jpg
Clones 003jpg
Clones 004jpg
J

Jalisco Kid

I would leave the dome off. I would spray them with some aminos and kelp(mild dose say 10%). This week my pump on the cloner died. When I found them they were all bent at 90*. I sprayed the stems and leaves for three hours then went and bought another pump. I had to tape toothpicks as the stems were bent to sharp for support. I saved 70% it looks like. Normally I would have just trashed them but these were a gift so you gotta put out the effort. Suerte JK

JH420

JH420

Thank you JK...dome is now off, added water to the tray, gave em a good misting and moved em up about 6" away from the t5's. Heading out now to see if I can find some kelp and aminos.

L

livinglegend

ya keep the plugs moist but dont over due it. i know you were expecting roots in 1 week, but it often takes much longer. 10+ days.

just keep them nice and cool. mist them. and make sure they dont go dry.

JH420

JH420

Yeah I've been keeping the house nice and cool just for these babies...this not too wet yet not too dry thing is a bit of problem for a rookie, part of the learning curve.

M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter

...a little wilty but not dead for sure...when i do jiffy pots in a dome it'll take 1-2 weeks depending on the strain for roots...those rapid rooter plugs dry out diffrent from one plug to another so keep an eye on em, dont ever let em get to dry, but overwatering will suficate em and kill em or make rooting PAINFULLY slow....just keep em moist and watch em. the cuts still look nice and green, u oughta have roots here soon...good luck with the cuts...Qwon...

S

Sway

looks like they are over watered, and to warm. keep it at 73 degrees for clones. they like it cooler to stay nice and crisp. keep a 1/4 inch of water in the bottom of the tray. use 1/4 strength nutes to keep them green. shouldnt have to mist the dome because the water will keep it humid in there and beads of water will arise on their own on the dome. dont give up on them, they can still come around and be nice plants.

D

dr greenthumb

They do't look that bad . 10 to 14 days theyll be kickin roots out. fresh air

A

Aerokush101

I guess whatever these guys say, but, your cuts look good dude. I would leave the top on and make sure the excessive moisture in the root cube is squeezed out and check regularly for rooting...

Carry on with your grow, nothing seems to be wrong with your cuts...

B

Bluebear

Keep the lid on them buddy,If you have vents on the lid open them slightly they look fine dont worry about roots yet,my last lot took 3 weeks to root proper..patience is the key.

And dont be spraying them just dont let the plugs dry out keep them moist not soaking wet.

Gooluck.

BB

JH420

JH420

I think they are looking maybe a touch more perky today...I have gone domeless for now, we shall see. I will move them away from the T5' a bit, but I think they're only 24 watts x 2.

C

cloud

clones

no ur clones are not almost dead they look ok. get a spray bottle and mist some water on them.....lol

JH420

JH420

Oh I've been a misting em...they look a but less wilted now but I am starting to get yellowing on some edges...the bubba's for me have been very N hungry. I think tomorrow I put some fresh water in the tray and it will have 1/4 strength nutes, ph'd to 6.5...unless someone says otherwise.

L

livinglegend

get a aero cloner brotha. those cheap ones on ebay, DO work. haha, i have some of them. work just as good as my EZ Cloner.

JH420

JH420

get a aero cloner brotha. those cheap ones on ebay, DO work. haha, i have some of them. work just as good as my EZ Cloner.

I was super close to ordering an EZ cloner...however after much deliberation I felt the rapid rooters were the most foolproof way.

UPDATE: Roots have shown on about a half dozen cuttings, :icon_cookie:...

M

MediVapeMan

ez clone machines are practically magic and so much less work. I'll never go back to the old fashioned way. Best investment I have in my garden. It's good to learn the standard method to have the skill under your belt, I guess, but it's kind of like going through your emails without MS outlook, once you try it you'll never go back.

W

webeblzr

I like 71 degrees, I soak my rooters before use, in a mild solution, of root tonic, B1. I scrape the very end, dip into olivias, and into a rooter.
I like mine covered by the dome, and I give a good spray of H202 and water.
I then cover the dome with a piece of weedblocker cloth, it still lets light in, but makes it very low level, and I've seen roots in 6 days.

JH420

JH420

How far away should the lights be? I have a pair of 24 watt t5's above them, rapid rooters packaging says to keep lights 4-6" away from cuttings.

M

MediVapeMan

I like 71 degrees, I soak my rooters before use, in a mild solution, of root tonic, B1. I scrape the very end, dip into olivias, and into a rooter.
I like mine covered by the dome, and I give a good spray of H202 and water.
I then cover the dome with a piece of weedblocker cloth, it still lets light in, but makes it very low level, and I've seen roots in 6 days.

Surprised you get any roots at all if you use Olivia's. That stuff doesn't even have any rooting hormone in it. JUNK. Try either hormex or roottech sometime, you'll get much better results.

How far away should the lights be? I have a pair of 24 watt t5's above them, rapid rooters packaging says to keep lights 4-6" away from cuttings.

4-6" is fine. 24w T5 or T8 shop lights are perfect, clones don't need much light. When I first started I paid $180 for a super nice sunleaves HO T5 for my clones and it was way overkill both in lumens and $$$. Now I have a $10 walmart shop light that works great.

Top Bottom