Are my clones dead/dying?

• Thread starter NC1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NC1

NC1

Going on 2 weeks in the 32 site EZ Aero cloner. Ph solid at 5.9. Ambient temp consistant at 72. Humidity 85-90 first week, now dialed back to 70-75. 1oz clear rez added every 5 days. Pump runs 15mins on 15 mins off. 2 bulb T5 fixture 16 inches from canopy. 5ml per liter of clonex added twice now. Air pump with stone on high for oxygen throwing plenty of bubbles in the water. Water temp stays below 75 even with the cloner pump on. I have about 5 with a few small roots starting and 5-7 with nubs. These things just dont look healthy to me. Any tips as to what is wrong here?

Are my clones deaddying
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

I think the reason they dont look healthy is cuz you should pluck away one big leaf on every clone, you have huge massive lafes on them and they have hard time supplying water and energy to them with non developed roots.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

yep id cut them leafs,leave about half of it,then id make sure the water is spraying the pucks ,i found in my little getto cloner water spraying the stems works much better than the stem in water,but for sure do something with those leaves,need to focus on roots not leaves

NC1

NC1

Thanks for the advice! I trimmed ten of the lower leaves. Which happened to mostly be the yellowing ones. Gonna give it a couple days and hope these things start rippin roots

7C1602C1 E605 461F B33F D587903D789F
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks for the advice! I trimmed ten of the lower leaves. Which happened to mostly be the yellowing ones. Gonna give it a couple days and hope these things start rippin roots
you aint done,cut all the leaves in half ,just take you sizzors and cut the leaf half way,it still leave you half a leaf,you want root growth not leaves,like the other fellow said one leaf on there is enough,those leaves will be yellow by th time you get roots,look into some the other threads of cloning,the reason you see half leafs is so the plant grows roots not leaf,they can grow when you get um in dirt.
but im right with @OdlaFett all you need is one leaf

B

Burned Haze

Don’t cut the leaf 100%, cut 30%-50% ( 30% is my my preference) of the leaf tip and remove the bottom unneeded ( ( plant only needs a few leafs and more it has -longer it takes to root)

Just cut off any contaminates in the future or throw away any dead plants that show beyond signs of bad pathogens ( make sure to be clean with your scissors and gloves when doing so )

Last edited by a moderator:
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

All I leave for clones is one leaf and the tip/ head and don't worry about a little yellowing it's just using the stored nutes in the leaf to grow roots from my understanding, doesnt matter if they look sick as soon as they have roots they'll perk back up

Reactions: NC1
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

That's roughly what I use for clones but my method I don't use a system nor do I use a humidity dome I just mist the leaves couple times a day and have over 90% success rate have roots in about 7-10 days

20191213 201231
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Going on 2 weeks in the 32 site EZ Aero cloner. Ph solid at 5.9. Ambient temp consistant at 72. Humidity 85-90 first week, now dialed back to 70-75. 1oz clear rez added every 5 days. Pump runs 15mins on 15 mins off. 2 bulb T5 fixture 16 inches from canopy. 5ml per liter of clonex added twice now. Air pump with stone on high for oxygen throwing plenty of bubbles in the water. Water temp stays below 75 even with the cloner pump on. I have about 5 with a few small roots starting and 5-7 with nubs. These things just dont look healthy to me. Any tips as to what is wrong here?
aqua, I'm thinkin... n only cause of how i run mine: leave atomizers on 24/7... lights, two. anyone who says roots only grow, at night... doesn't actually know; hasn't tried: two four two four...

mixture: clonex gel, saliva- no kiddin, cinnamon n pure, natural, honey. also- willow water, I'd read. i get 100... um... it's not ur lights. go just 5ml on that premix. ready n rooted to 6"- 10 days... not more than 200ish ppm. ur everything else, is stellar. ur over thinking it. in anticipation of ur next question: inoculants.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

no particular amts, far as the um... mixture of spit, etc. reclip 1mm off ur clones. take all but 1.5" off the leaf tips: all good... after u shytcan the current chems n um... um... the bubbler watts ur wastin. oxygen wise- aero atomizers r best tech, available. the disturbance of the surface... is doin what u want that bubbler, doin: it's doin the lord's work...

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

sterilize! the cloner. if they're real short- i just glanced; couldn't say... and the top on yours, is maliable... u can get the light, closer. shytcan the hygrom, just in there, only. you'll sleep better. don't cover any vents. um... fyi- ur at about 5-6par, there, currently... don't spray the raincoat, either and use ur spare collars, to weigh down, any um... squirters. um... u can duck tape, over any extra, cable holes, with no ill effects.
you'll sleep better!

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

u just slide the light stand, down the raincoat. it holds... i stall mine out, so it's high, but i didn't spend the extra $10, on the other mount...

NC1

NC1

Update. I did a full water changeout on Sunday bubbled new water and new batch of clonex cloning solution at 5ml per liter of water. Ph still at 5.9, humidity 78%, temp 74 degrees. I only have one that looks great with several roots. Today I thought to check the ppm and its at 1150ppm, our tap is 150ppm. Just seems like the ppm is way high?

A31D1DEF 9AAA 4BC7 8B98 63893D7D911F
0D43474B B910 4FFF 8F9E F53D1483EFD0
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Update. I did a full water changeout on Sunday bubbled new water and new batch of clonex cloning solution at 5ml per liter of water. Ph still at 5.9, humidity 78%, temp 74 degrees. I only have one that looks great with several roots. Today I thought to check the ppm and its at 1150ppm, our tap is 150ppm. Just seems like the ppm is way high?
200ish... plus ur tap. consider r.o., or zerowater.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

everything else seems fine, now. they're frying. dilute dilute!

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

and u could snip half the length of all the leaves there. less to support and less weight to support. i usually leave around an inch, below collar.

Top Bottom