Are my clones ready for direct sun and nutrients?

• Thread starter HerbGardner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HerbGardner

Are my clones ready for direct sun and nutrients 2
Are my clones ready for direct sun and nutrients

These cuts have been eating their lower leaves under indirect light for a week. Now they're showing roots are they ready for more photons if I keep up humidity to decrease evapotranspiration?

How about nutes? I tried foliar feeding with compost tea but now roots are appearing should I put some in the water?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

View attachment 1342479View attachment 1342478

These cuts have been eating their lower leaves under indirect light for a week. Now they're showing roots are they ready for more photons if I keep up humidity to decrease evapotranspiration?

How about nutes? I tried foliar feeding with compost tea but now roots are appearing should I put some in the water?
In my opinion they need more roots before being planted.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

I've planted one like that but I kept it in a dome and sprayed the leaves daily after I planted it. I saturated my promix added clonex in the hole and on the stubs.....She still lives 2 months old, thriving...

MEGA956

MEGA956

I did a bit of an experiment with some clones..

Dipped half of them in cloning gel and the other half in cinnamon powder with ph'd water... Both worked great, I had them in grow plugs though, floraflex. I gave them very little nutes after 5 days.

Best of luck to you.

2Bad

2Bad

Normally people don't have that many leaves because it causes the energy to go to leaves and not the roots so you know.

H

HerbGardner

Normally people don't have that many leaves because it causes the energy to go to leaves and not the roots so you know.
Thanks for the tip, but I'm the kind of person who likes to do this arse-backward and find out where I went wrong than to listen to good advice. These two cuttings are doing well so far, despite unconstant temperatures and being in flower.

The amount of leaves to keep is a balancing act. Basically we want the cutting to do as little as possible until it gets the message to create new roots, before that energy goes to new leaf growth. Do this with low light, and removing leaves.

But, after the roots start growing, extra leaves provide energy to the plant not just from photosynthesis but also break down to provide NPK. Energy goes both to the roots and the leaves, and the clone grows at both ends when you reintroduce stronger light.

In my picture the lower leaves have sacrificed themselves for new growth. If I had pruned them to begin with they'd be dead anyway. Maybe a store of plant-available NPK makes it worth the metabolic cost of keeping extra leaves?

Top Bottom