Are My Plants Smaller Than They Should Be?

• Thread starter DaggerCouple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DaggerCouple

So I started germinating theses ladies exactly two weeks ago and I’m worried that they are much smaller than they should be. I can see them growing everyday but when I compare them to other plants I’ve seen after 2 weeks they seem way behind. They get about 12 hours of sunlight outdoors and haven’t started feeding nutrients yet, just plain water.

Are my plants smaller than they should be
Are my plants smaller than they should be 2
Are my plants smaller than they should be 3
Perception

Perception

They look about right for 2 weeks to me. Once they break surface and open the first two leaves, the plant kind of stalls and takes its time. I figure it’s just working on it’s roots.

Then, at around 2 weeks, they suddenly start picking up steam! Give it another week and I bet you’ll start to notice the faster growth.

Madmax

Madmax

You know when they arnt going that good by the size of there beginners leaves and they look okay..give them time ..like perception said first month is slowish then all of a sudden they will take off.you could put a small fan on them to stimulate them .they look sativa.

D

DaggerCouple

Thanks for the replies. It’s my first time growing and I really don’t wanna muck this up

D

DaggerCouple

You know when they arnt going that good by the size of there beginners leaves and they look okay..give them time ..like perception said first month is slowish then all of a sudden they will take off.you could put a small fan on them to stimulate them .they look sativa.
Ok cool. They are a strain called critical mass CBD from dinafem who says it’s indicative dominant but you’re the second person to say it looks like Sativa.

Dan789

Dan789

So, you mentioned a twelve/twelve hour cycle, shouldn’t that be 16/8? Otherwise, they’ll go into bloom, then have to reveg.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Ok cool. They are a strain called critical mass CBD from dinafem who says it’s indicative dominant but you’re the second person to say it looks like Sativa.

To me, it looks like a hybrid...not quite skinny enough to be a full sativa and not fat enough to be a Indica. In any event, it looks healthy. Seeds take a while since once they get the dual leaves, they sit a little, grow their roots, then take off after about 3 weeks. Indicas will sometimes grow shorter and slower, at first at least.
You might want to increase the photoperiod to 18-24 hours if at all possible, since 18 hours is 50% more light energy to utilize. Longer photoperiods will also keep them shorter, since they tend to stretch during dark periods.

D

DaggerCouple

I wish I could increase the amount of light they get but I’m growing outdoors so that’s all up to Mother Nature.

Dan789

Dan789

I wish I could increase the amount of light they get but I’m growing outdoors so that’s all up to Mother Nature.
So unless you’re in the Southern Hemisphere, the amount of sun will diminish going into the winter months. Those seedlings won’t do much between now and whenever you expect to have something to harvest, no matter what strain they are. Just sayin.

D

DaggerCouple

So unless you’re in the Southern Hemisphere, the amount of sun will diminish going into the winter months. Those seedlings won’t do much between now and whenever you expect to have something to harvest, no matter what strain they are. Just sayin.
Yip. I am in the Southern Hemisphere.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Yip. I am in the Southern Hemisphere.

Being in the southern hemisphere, your time in the sun is just starting! I think they will do fine...the sun isn't nearly as intense as it will be for you and they will surely catch up soon. Outdoors under short light, seeds develop their root systems more as it is often cooler during shorter photoperiods and they are less exposed. When it warms up and the sun gets stronger, things take off! Good Luck!!

Madmax

Madmax

Your timing is pretty good Dagger.normally i have mine up by 4th of oct..its abit of a ritual that date as always put them in on it when we have had a month of spring but i dont class spring till we have a sucession of warm days...i put mine in on 14th this yr to get abit more extra growrth...get some insect spray for aphids etc im under attack lol..little fuckers

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Because roots don't fill the pot up yet and it creates issue with parts of the soil staying wet constantly. Just bad to gauge how much water is proper

Top Bottom