Are My Plants To Small?

• Thread starter spyderaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spyderaz

These a little on the small side, could it be because they are under CFL'S?

Are my plants to small
K

kansabis

How old are they? Since they broke ground and first set of leaves established?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

How long since it popped up? What strains, medium, temp, rh?

She is stretching a bit. Move the light a tad closer as long as the heat isn' too much.

K

kansabis

Yeah leaves are reaching up for that light,cfls will work start to finish,my first 3 grows were with cfls and turned out better than expected,at that size I'd put the light around 12 inches from the top and the older it gets keep lights as close as possible without burning your plants,mine was usually 2-3 inches but airflow across canopy helps alot.

S

spyderaz

If i put the lights any closer they will be touching the plants.

The temp is around 28°c, strain is Kalashnikov and they broke ground 2 weeks ago

King Julien

King Julien

Well first off...

What wattage are your CFLs? Are you sure they're daylight?

When it comes to distance on CFLs the only enemy is heat. I've grown with CFLs within an inch of my plants but I had insane air flow directly over the bulb itself to get it that way. The closer the better as long as you know what your actual surface temps are.

Edit- And for 2 weeks it certainly could be bigger but it also is on par with a couple I grew out this last run at that stage. Had one that was that size at a month and then I chucked it.

Dunge

Dunge

Primary productivity (growth) is a function of photosynthetic capacity.
As soon as you get enough leaf surface area out there, growth will pick up.
I think it looks good.

Dan789

Dan789

@spyderaz whats your soil mix consisting of? I see perlite and coco fibers, anything else in the mix?

G gnome

G gnome

If i put the lights any closer they will be touching the plants.

The temp is around 28°c, strain is Kalashnikov and they broke ground 2 weeks ago
Kalashnikov haha havent heard that one in awhile grew that strain about 10 yrs ago

dan1989

dan1989

More goes on under ground that early on. Perhaps it could already be time to up pot?

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Primary productivity (growth) is a function of photosynthetic capacity.
As soon as you get enough leaf surface area out there, growth will pick up.
I think it looks good.
Seems like the first month from seed the plant is just chillin. But it's actually building a root base. Your plant looks good for 2 weeks. Another 2 weeks it will blow up. Looking good I think.

S

spyderaz

Well first off...

What wattage are your CFLs? Are you sure they're daylight?

When it comes to distance on CFLs the only enemy is heat. I've grown with CFLs within an inch of my plants but I had insane air flow directly over the bulb itself to get it that way. The closer the better as long as you know what your actual surface temps are.

Edit- And for 2 weeks it certainly could be bigger but it also is on par with a couple I grew out this last run at that stage. Had one that was that size at a month and then I chucked it.
2x 300w dual.

S

spyderaz

Seems like the first month from seed the plant is just chillin. But it's actually building a root base. Your plant looks good for 2 weeks. Another 2 weeks it will blow up. Looking good I think.
There isn't much of a root base in any of them

Top Bottom