Are seeds an indication of harvest time?

• Thread starter Grayshan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grayshan

Grayshan

So I removed a worm damaged
bud and found a ripe seed. Not sure how it got there or how many more I have, but so the seeds generally get ripe when the flower is ready to harvest, or is there any correlation between the seeds being done and harvest time? Here’s a couple pictures. Thanks

Are seeds an indication of harvest time
Are seeds an indication of harvest time 2
Are seeds an indication of harvest time 3
Grayshan

Grayshan

Femenized or auto?
These were just from normal seed. I germinated 12 and ended up with 8 plants. Unfortunately 5 were males, but they were gone along time ago and before they made any pollen.

Madmax

Madmax

Its around about.its a little similar to when your top buds are ripe and ready the seeds will b too.then you have the lowers with the odd ripe ones aswell..ive mostly found with indicas they are ready anywhere betwween 8--11 weeks..

Ponky

Ponky

These were just from normal seed. I germinated 12 and ended up with 8 plants. Unfortunately 5 were males, but they were gone along time ago and before they made any pollen.
Thats somewhat odd. I only ever get these stray seeds in my femenized seeds. If its just one or two it's fine. But I'm not too familiar with this happening to regs.

Grayshan

Grayshan

Its around about.its a little similar to when your top buds are ripe and ready the seeds will b too.then you have the lowers with the odd ripe ones aswell..ive mostly found with indicas they are ready anywhere betwween 8--11 weeks..
Thanks. These have been flowering for about 60 days, but I thought they were sativas from the thin leaves. I’m thinking they are pretty close to harvest so I’m trying to figure out if I should water again and spray BT again. I think the trichomes are just starting to show a bit of Amber in them but I’ll be watching tomorrow.

Madmax

Madmax

Ive just made some fem seeds and have taken the majority at 74-75 days was finding them on the top buds around your date but seen lots not ready.you will still get the odd green and white ones which the latter are no good.when i had outdoor regs ready many years ago you could see them all ready to drop and others you had to fish for deep inside the buds.some i use to bash in a bathtub lol to collect them 😆

william76

william76

I'd check if there's seeds through it all what strain?,if we knew the strain we would know how long it should take.sounds to me like uv got a herm in the bunch.too late now.76

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Would be a lot easier to just use a jewelers loupe and check trichomes.
I've gotten a stray seed or two off branches that had broken off and those plants were atleast 3-4 wks from harvest.

beluga

beluga

The short answer is, no, they're not indicative of harvest time.
Unless you're harvesting for seeds.

In my experience, there's some correlation. Most of the plants I've seen have their seeds ready a couple weeks before the plant starts its end-of-life cycle to disperse those seeds. Presumably leaving itself ample time to ripen each seed before they swell their buds to lean over and drop them a little further away from the seeded plant.

Grayshan

Grayshan

Would be a lot easier to just use a jewelers loupe and check trichomes.
I've gotten a stray seed or two off branches that had broken off and those plants were atleast 3-4 wks from harvest.
Thanks, I’ve been using one but it seems like there is a fine line between being ripe or overripe. I’m probably just impatient or maybe wrong. But From my understanding, the thc Starts to decline when the trichomes turn to Amber. Do you know if its best to harvest at the first sign of amber trichs, or is it better to wait till there is a larger amount of the amber color?

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

It's preferential. Definitely not when clear though.
I like a good speedy head buzz so I go for cloudy or milky with about 30% amber. Some like all cloudy and a few amber and some like mostly amber. I've got a visual guide on my pics. Give me a few and I'll post it to you.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Thanks, I’ve been using one but it seems like there is a fine line between being ripe or overripe. I’m probably just impatient or maybe wrong. But From my understanding, the thc Starts to decline when the trichomes turn to Amber. Do you know if its best to harvest at the first sign of amber trichs, or is it better to wait till there is a larger amount of the amber color?
Screenshot 20221010 141456 474

You can adjust your grow accordingly. Like said...I like milky and some amber. I'm not a glued to the couch smoker. I like to be outside doing stuff so I don't care for the heavier amber and milky. Just don't go clear or totally browned and you find what you like. Have fun!😊

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

View attachment 1291061
You can adjust your grow accordingly. Like said...I like milky and some amber. I'm not a glued to the couch smoker. I like to be outside doing stuff so I don't care for the heavier amber and milky. Just don't go clear or totally browned and you find what you like. Have fun!😊
In fact,do what I did if growing multiple plants and try a few ways to see what you like. That's an idea to judge it for yourself maybe??

Grayshan

Grayshan

I'd check if there's seeds through it all what strain?,if we knew the strain we would know how long it should take.sounds to me like uv got a herm in the bunch.too late now.76
The seeds were supposed to be regular sativas, and the leaves had the same characteristics you would expect from a sativa strain.

Madmax

Madmax

The short answer is, no, they're not indicative of harvest time.
Unless you're harvesting for seeds.

In my experience, there's some correlation. Most of the plants I've seen have their seeds ready a couple weeks before the plant starts its end-of-life cycle to disperse those seeds. Presumably leaving itself ample time to ripen each seed before they swell their buds to lean over and drop them a little further away from the seeded plant.
Heres a dragonsflame dude your drooling indica varient taken to 11 weeks and you cant even see the seeds in the buds..ive been averaging 30-50 seeds ea bud and as you can see this strain isnt going to drop them till bud is pretty much dead if it was in the wild.,but i do agree with you most of my seeds will drop out of the buds outdoors.. when ive had full blowwn seeded buds there isnt much left of the bud once all seeds have been taken out..they put alot of there energy into making the seeds instead of the bud..

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter

Once you got your eyes used to when to harvest via a scope ect sorted a tip in one of gorges Cervantes books was to harvest when the lights come on apparently that’s when the thc is at its highest.

I read it but I don’t know the reasons behind his suggestion wish I did tbh so I’m not blindly saying what I’ve read if you kwim.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
In fact,do what I did if growing multiple plants and try a few ways to see what you like. That's an idea to judge it for yourself maybe??
Yeah good idea.
I would pull a bud off dry it see what it’s like just don’t go over 25% as to ripe doesn't taste nice let alone loss of thc

Top Bottom