Are seeds better than clones?

• Thread starter OldManGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManGrower

OldManGrower

Hey Farmers. I’ve done about 7 indoor grows. Took me about 5 grows to get everything dialed in. Indoor soil gardner and always bought clones.

I thought I would try seeds for a change. Worked out much easier than I thought, and they look much healthier than the clones. These are Godfather OGs in 5 gal containers. 4th week of flowering. I am now using Emerald Harvest products for most nuts and have had excellent results.

Are seeds better than clones
Are seeds better than clones 2
Are seeds better than clones 3
PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Hey man grow is looking good, plants are looking nice and healthy.

Well that's a tough question. It all depends on the clones you get. I'm sure if you got a well selected clone that is healthy you shouldn't have a problem. But if you get a well selected clone that is not healthy, you could very well end up problems. Or the reverse you get a healthy clone but it's not well selected you could have a plant that's healthy but doesn't give you the top notch plant you would expect in a well selected clone. Some people will just buy a pack of seeds and sell clones of all the females instead of selecting and cloning only the best plant you can find.

Seeds are different in you control the health at all times, you can't really recieve a unhealthy seed, well I guess you can but it probobly won't germinate or will be a mutant and you'll waste minimal time.
But you can and will end up with a range of plants from garbage to phenomenal and everywhere in between. But from my experience cracking hundreds of seeds in over 10 years is the phenomenal ones are few and far between. Hopefully every pack of seeds you buy has at least 1 good plant but that's not even a guarantee, I've grown packs that had zero plants I enjoy. And that's not fun to waste your time and growing space on something you don't enjoy.
Now I always make sure I run enough keepers to keep me smoking the goods when I want to hunt through seeds, cause no guarantee I will find anything I like.
Over the last 2 years I've popped around 100 beans and found 2 winners to add to my other 3 keepers.

Good luck with your grow
Happy Growing

OldManGrower

OldManGrower

Hey man grow is looking good, plants are looking nice and healthy.

Well that's a tough question. It all depends on the clones you get. I'm sure if you got a well selected clone that is healthy you shouldn't have a problem. But if you get a well selected clone that is not healthy, you could very well end up problems. Or the reverse you get a healthy clone but it's not well selected you could have a plant that's healthy but doesn't give you the top notch plant you would expect in a well selected clone. Some people will just buy a pack of seeds and sell clones of all the females instead of selecting and cloning only the best plant you can find.

Seeds are different in you control the health at all times, you can't really recieve a unhealthy seed, well I guess you can but it probobly won't germinate or will be a mutant and you'll waste minimal time.
But you can and will end up with a range of plants from garbage to phenomenal and everywhere in between. But from my experience cracking hundreds of seeds in over 10 years is the phenomenal ones are few and far between. Hopefully every pack of seeds you buy has at least 1 good plant but that's not even a guarantee, I've grown packs that had zero plants I enjoy. And that's not fun to waste your time and growing space on something you don't enjoy.
Now I always make sure I run enough keepers to keep me smoking the goods when I want to hunt through seeds, cause no guarantee I will find anything I like.
Over the last 2 years I've popped around 100 beans and found 2 winners to add to my other 3 keepers.

Good luck with your grow
Happy Growing
Thanks! Very good comments. I have heard that the clone imitates Mom including her diseases if there were any. One other benefit of seeds is that there is a huge variety to select from instead of 2 - 3 strains offered by my local Cannabis dispensary. I used a heated germination bed with a plastic dome and it worked very well under my LED lights. I bought feminized seeds and so far no duds.

Madmax

Madmax

Buy from a renowned breeder such as @Dragonsflame and you wont b disapointed in the quality of the phenotypes his strains produce . I will guarantee you, you will b quite pleased with vigorous growth and heavy yielding aswell as selecting one to use as a mom..im always getting one or 2 out of his 6 pks that i could use..my space doesnt allow me to run moms and cuttings and is far easier to grow from seed. Put it this way 6 plants vegged 4-5 weeks using 5x4 space im producing over 2p ea grow easily of high end gear from dragonflamegenetics..💪

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Thanks! Very good comments. I have heard that the clone imitates Mom including her diseases if there were any. One other benefit of seeds is that there is a huge variety to select from instead of 2 - 3 strains offered by my local Cannabis dispensary. I used a heated germination bed with a plastic dome and it worked very well under my LED lights. I bought feminized seeds and so far no duds.
Go have a look at Shoreline Genetics (you can find them on Strainly) 😉🔥

Top Bottom