Are Small seeds a problem?

• Thread starter Halebop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Halebop

Bought some seeds a while back from attitude seedbank. Then I recently bought some more of the same strain but they look smaller. Is that a problem? I mean will they produce smaller weaker plants? Thanks

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

They should be OK. The only issue I have had with very small seeds is when the root doesn't get physically stabilized and the media is fairly loose. the root ended up looking like a spiral around the seed. If I had packed the soil better, it wouldn't have happened.

Madmax

Madmax

I don’t know why breeders make small seeds..I really don’t….like they are only grow very small plants or something for quick turn around.long as they look okay I spose they should b good…

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I don’t know why breeders make small seeds..I really don’t….like they are only grow very small plants or something for quick turn around.long as they look okay I spose they should b good…
Usually smaller plants have bigger seeds, big ass plants with lots of smaller calyx can make smaller seeds, unless we're really talking about immature seeds? I’ve seen narrow leaf plants make absolutely tiny, fully mature seeds outdoors. Usually short squat wide leafs throw the slingshot ammo 🫘

mrcrispy13

mrcrispy13

FWIW, I have a few strains with incredibly small seeds: DJ Short's Blue Velvet and a landrace known as 'Nanda Devi'. On the other hand, my Uttarakhand seeds are monster sized. I suspect this has to do with the bract size genetics since it has proven to have nothing to do with the plant size. The Uttarakhand and Nanda Devi outdoors always end up 10-14ft tall, the DJS Blue Velvet stayed short both indoors and out.

When I grow or select seeds I have found that the color of the seed tells me more about viability than size. I like to let the seed covering almost fall off on its own before I know the seed is ready...nice and dark or spotted like a bird's egg.

Madmax

Madmax

hmm.interesting.could be the strain used as I’ve only done indica variety’s and they come out like ball bearings..there is very small ones in my last seeds I made but I’d say 98% of the are pretty big.

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

i would be happy to get any seeds from attitude. ordered 3 months ago and never got my seeds, customer service keeps ignoring me.
better small than nothing :(

Did you germinate them?

AmiT

AmiT

you had a refund? wow lucky you 👏
Yes 🙃
But do not under estimate the time I spent on trying to have a serious contact with their customer service, and the time spent for explaining and gaining the refund.
Completely different than Herbies live chat experiences.
Had issues with attitude on some orders - once it was simply lost - and this was the last try for me with this shop.

Gmix

Gmix

I’ve not dealt with attitude seeds & sounds like i shouldn’t.

Small seeds produce smaller seedlings however once they get going they seem to produce as much as larger ones.

Gmix

Gmix

FWIW, I have a few strains with incredibly small seeds: DJ Short's Blue Velvet and a landrace known as 'Nanda Devi'. On the other hand, my Uttarakhand seeds are monster sized. I suspect this has to do with the bract size genetics since it has proven to have nothing to do with the plant size. The Uttarakhand and Nanda Devi outdoors always end up 10-14ft tall, the DJS Blue Velvet stayed short both indoors and out.

When I grow or select seeds I have found that the color of the seed tells me more about viability than size. I like to let the seed covering almost fall off on its own before I know the seed is ready...nice and dark or spotted like a bird's egg.
Dutch passion or queen seeds that I’ve had that are not dark there a light brown
Seeds Color means nada bud in relation to germination
I’ve had all sorts of Colors from blotted gray, tiger bloom, spotted to light brown it’s makes no difference at all
No offence bud it’s probably just coincidence as there’s a lot more coincidences than folks expect

Last edited:
whelksemengmail.com

whelksemengmail.com

I've bought seeds from attitude 3 times with 100 percent germination rate. They did send me the wrong seeds one time but they were refunded. I was surprised how quick their customer service was to get back to me tbh. I have heard that the quality of their seeds can be a bit off but not in my limited experience

Latest posts

Top Bottom