Are some of my plants underwatered?

• Thread starter OntarioGoldenHash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OntarioGoldenHash

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking for a few weeks, reading some of the great posts and guides.

I fear I am underwatering my plants (well someone else was looking after them for me for two weeks). When I got back the lower leaves were yellow and a few had to be chopped as the leaves were completely yellow.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed
2. How old are your plants? started ~ 10th May 22
3. How tall are your plants? 10cm(3.93inches) to 20cm(7.87inches).
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 Gallon fabric pot
5. What is your soil mix? Gaia Green Organics. Living Soil Blend 1.0.0. Glacial rock dust, dolomite, feather meal, alfalfa meal, bone meal, rock phosphate, blood meal, fishbone meal, mineralized phosphate, insect frass, mine potassium sulphate, basalt rock, rock dust, humic acid, gypsum, kelp meal, oyster shell flour, greensand. Peat moss, perlite, coconut coir, fir bark, composted porcine litter, African night crawler worm castings.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? I started every other day, however its been every day recently as I fear they are underwatered as they were dry after a two week trip (someone else was looking after them). Bottle Drinking water.
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.8
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? see above?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? nope
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? Custom Quantum Board using Samsung Top Bin LM301b LED’s, generating minimum heat this light produces 235 PPF. The Quantum Board has a PPF efficiency of 2.45 umol/ jule and provides 170 lumens per watt, only using 95w of power. The light features a 3000k spectrum.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 50cm(1.64ft).
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 2.69 ft2
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 18.1c(65c) / 43%H lights off - 24.4(75f) / 34%H lights on
14. What is the pH of the soil? Don't know, sorry.
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? None.
16. How much experience do you have growing? 1 month lol.

This is what I am using to learn about growing Cannabis: https://stealth-box.com/stealth-box. Support is pretty none-existent and the box bleeds light, so you know what that means...during flowering light can be let in :(. I would not recommend anyone buying one of these.

For those who are curious (and don't know) as to what those while tubes contain, they house esp32 soil sensor electronics, using it more of a guide. The blue thing covering the digital display is a DHT11 ( also have an external DHT11 sensor) to monitor inside and outside the box. All of these are hooked up to Grafana for remote monitoring. I will be attaching a camera once the pi zero 2 W are back in stock.

I hope someone is able to help, many thanks.

Are some of my plants underwatered
Are some of my plants underwatered 2
Are some of my plants underwatered 3
Are some of my plants underwatered 4
Are some of my plants underwatered 5

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking for a few weeks, reading some of the great posts and guides.

I fear I am underwatering my plants (well someone else was looking after them for me for two weeks). When I got back the lower leaves were yellow and a few had to be chopped as the leaves were completely yellow.

5. What is your soil mix? Gaia Green Organics. Living Soil Blend 1.0.0. Glacial rock dust, dolomite, feather meal, alfalfa meal, bone meal, rock phosphate, blood meal, fishbone meal, mineralized phosphate, insect frass, mine potassium sulphate, basalt rock, rock dust, humic acid, gypsum, kelp meal, oyster shell flour, greensand. Peat moss, perlite, coconut coir, fir bark, composted porcine litter, African night crawler worm castings.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? I started every other day, however its been every day recently as I fear they are underwatered as they were dry after a two week trip (someone else was looking after them). Bottle Drinking water.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? Custom Quantum Board using Samsung Top Bin LM301b LED’s, generating minimum heat this light produces 235 PPF. The Quantum Board has a PPF efficiency of 2.45 umol/ jule and provides 170 lumens per watt, only using 95w of power. The light features a 3000k spectrum.
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 18.1c(65c) / 43%H lights off - 24.4(75f) / 34%H lights on

This is what I am using to learn about growing Cannabis: https://stealth-box.com/stealth-box. Support is pretty none-existent and the box bleeds light, so you know what that means...during flowering light can be let in :(. I would not recommend anyone buying one of these.

For those who are curious (and don't know) as to what those while tubes contain, they house esp32 soil sensor electronics, using it more of a guide. The blue thing covering the digital display is a DHT11 ( also have an external DHT11 sensor) to monitor inside and outside the box. All of these are hooked up to Grafana for remote monitoring. I will be attaching a camera once the pi zero 2 W are back in stock.

View attachment 1254616View attachment 1254617View attachment 1254618View attachment 1254619View attachment 1254620
What are those white cylinders for?

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Hi everyone,

View attachment 1254616View attachment 1254617View attachment 1254618View attachment 1254619View attachment 1254620
I know what you mean about the shit non existent service at stealthbox .com never again but that little box was good to me ,but now I only use it to dry, and seedlings . Did they at least send you the pdf growguide?

O

OntarioGoldenHash

I know what you mean about the shit non existent service at stealthbox .com never again but that little box was good to me ,but now I only use it to dry, and seedlings . Did they at least send you the pdf growguide?
Yes, I got the PDF. I will use it as my seedling and dry box once I get a tent :D.

Last edited:
Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Nice, how many plants in there?
That was with 3 plants , I found it easier to manage inside the box , like I said don't laugh at the little box just yet it works and also was a good teaching tool for , make sure you stay on top of lst and it will work out

O

OntarioGoldenHash

That was with 3 plants , I found it easier to manage inside the box , like I said don't laugh at the little box just yet it works and also was a good teaching tool for , make sure you stay on top of lst and it will work out
Any thoughts on how my plants look. I feel they are very thirsty.

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Any thoughts on how my plants look. I feel they are very thirsty.
I'm not advanced enough for that type of advice, #aquaman on here really helped me out on learning how to water he's always around with great advice , the 2 plants I have right are living because because of him .

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Are you sure the peat moss, perlite, coconut coir, fir bark, composted porcine litter, African night crawler worm castings are in there? On the website they are listed as soil amendments, but not in the list of soil ingredients? If they are, along with all the other ingredients listed, I find it hard to believe it's a 1-0-0 soil, it sounds pretty "hot" to me.
You said you're watering every day? How much water are you giving them daily?

O

OntarioGoldenHash

Are you sure the peat moss, perlite, coconut coir, fir bark, composted porcine litter, African night crawler worm castings are in there? On the website they are listed as soil amendments, but not in the list of soil ingredients? If they are, along with all the other ingredients listed, I find it hard to believe it's a 1-0-0 soil, it sounds pretty "hot" to me.
You said you're watering every day? How much water are you giving them daily?
You are most probably right about the soil.

I was watering (little) every other day, as was the person looking after the plants.

I shall allow them to dry and then water.

O

OntarioGoldenHash

One of my 3 main plants is still struggling after being underwatered. I can't find a chart that provides any insight from my picture below, so I turn to you forum wizards, any ideas would be much appreciated. Huge thanks.
20220704 194124

Moshmen

Moshmen

One of my 3 main plants is still struggling after being underwatered. I can't find a chart that provides any insight from my picture below, so I turn to you forum wizards, any ideas would be much appreciated. Huge thanks.
View attachment 1259282
Whole plant pic? Still looks to be a watering issue or root uptake ? Anyhow we to get you a organic grower in here !

Top Bottom