Are T5's enough?

• Thread starter midwest_is_midbest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

midwest_is_midbest

Dudes-

I'm working on setting up my closet or possibly build a box w/in my closet. My question is, if I buy a 4 tube X 24" T5 setup be enough light for a few plants, maybe 3-4? Also, do I need to switch between warm and cool bulbs, or can I use 2 of each throughout?

Thanks a million duuuuuudes!

P

ProGroWannabe

Here's a link to what I'm doin under an 8-bulb if ya wanna take a look. New update coming tomorrow.

For my opinion, I don't think a 4-bulb will be enough for 3-4 plants unless the strain grows really short (in height) or you LST them to grow horizontally, as the floro lights don't have enough energy to penetrate deeply through the canopy. So, what you "may" end up with is a nice top cola and nothing else if you grow them vertically under a 4-bulb unit.

Juss my two cents.

C

connoisseur

i would go for a 70w, 100w, 15ow hps and a heat shield if needed.
you would get a better yield and faster growth. seen and built a few closset grows during my years.

P

poutpup07

i agree solid info

pro grow has it.....you would have to bend each stem so that it grew paralell to the ground.all the branches would grow up toward the light, plus those would possibly need tied over too.it could be done but it would require vigilant training. but thats been said
pup

H

HolliHerb

I run t5 in my veg tent. I have a 4 bulb 2" set up from htgsupply. So far I love it. They don't put out much heat. T8 at 2' is roughly 1300 lumen. Each of my 2' bulb puts out 2000 lumen so that's a total of 8000 lumen in a 2'x2' foot print at 24watts a tube.

I bought the full spectrum set up which has 2 warm tubes and 2 cool tubes. I have veg with this light for over a year and flowered with it as well. Flowers are more compact and dense with T5 as compared to floros due to intensity.

C

connoisseur

let me put it this way T5 s will grow you some bud and you still use 3 months of your time but a hps will grow you more bud but use the same time. more bud = more fun growing. i know yeild is not the most important but with a low yeilding high quallity strain you would be better of working some extra and just buy the high class stuff.
25gr a plant will only get you sofar.
i would gat a 70 w hps if heat and space is a problem.
aint no fun when the homies cant have non.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
PGW has done wonders with his T5 grow .:yes

C

connoisseur

been dowm that road myself, used compact 55w fluros in my breeding box for 1,5 year. the buds got hard and frosted but i know i would get a better result from a 70w hps than
4x24w T5s. you gat a higher lumen output and higher ligth penetration.
will take a look at pgw and see how he does his magic.

P

ProGroWannabe

Thanks for the props Zoo.
Here's a couple of shots to show what I've been up to with my T5...

IMG 0510
Wonder Haze flash 9 20
Wonder Haze 3 Cola
H

HolliHerb

PGW, dank looking flowers. T5's does wonders for me as i can get them real close ontop of the plants. Very intense bright light it gives out.

P

ProGroWannabe

Thanks Holli! Yeah they definitely do the job.

One of these days I'll do a real side by side with HPS and clones from the same momma to see just what the difference really is.

H

HolliHerb

That would be awesome. I'm sure many like myself have searched for such grows.

Keep in mind people. cannabis only uses a small fraction of the actual light your putting out. regardless if its floro or high pressure whatever.

G

Guano

Just picked up a 4 tube T5 but it's strictly for bonsai mom/dad.:flower

Latest posts

Top Bottom