Are There Any Legal Caregivers In Colorado Here On The Farm?

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420circuit

420circuit

Having a good cannabis lawyer in your corner would be a good idea. Even just meeting one at an event, chat, get a card, discuss fees and schedule an office visit to go over options, maybe a retainer arrangement to protect the business. I have met several at these events and found them to be open about discussing what-ifs and learned that the gun thing is very risky, increased counts matter a lot in certain jurisdictions and the decision about "going public" by registering with the state is a big deal, it can both protect you and destroy you, so I'd say to at least meet a lawyer so you understand the implications and have his card in your pocket if the worst were to happen.

http://www.hobanandfeola.com/medical-marijuana-business-development/
http://lawyers.norml.org/colorado/county/denver-county

420circuit

420circuit

Muir, thanks for your work in this area, hope you can find the sweet spot (profitability) as a caregiver. Just trying to support my own needs legally has been a challenge, trying to organize a business in this regulatory environment must be monstrous. If the director of the program had cancer and understood what cannabis oil does, he would not be fighting against legalization.

muir

muir

Muir, thanks for your work in this area, hope you can find the sweet spot (profitability) as a caregiver. Just trying to support my own needs legally has been a challenge, trying to organize a business in this regulatory environment must be monstrous. If the director of the program had cancer and understood what cannabis oil does, he would not be fighting against legalization.

@420circuit I am no longer a caregiver. When my Med shop was open I had constantly lower prices than the rest of the 7 stores that were in Nederland at the time and I really pissed off a lot of people to the point I would get shit about my pricing from home growers at the grow store. I actually do not have a garden at the moment. My business will be recreational only, there is not much need for medical up here in Ned as most grow their own or know someone who does. I only know 1 caregiver anymore and Almost everyone I knew had been on at some point in the last 5-6 years. The entire system was build on the backs of the patients and it is a travesty what is happening to the patients at this point in the game. shameful.

At my store a medical patient or recreation consumer will get a better deal than they would at most cheap stores but with me they will be getting a premium product that is organic and pesticide free (for real organic and pesticide free). Pot on the street is cheap in Nederland and our prices will be competitive with Black Market pricing and even additional discounts for locals and true patients. There is no need for greed.

420circuit

420circuit

A retail shop in Ned seems like a no-brainer, plenty of customers so all you need is for government to get out of the way and let the business thrive. I am thinking of getting involved as an activist, got some ideas, but fearful of being attacked by the people who pay their bills by hunting down anyone who dares to stand up against them, which is ironic because we pay their salaries. Best I can do now is stop by a shop once in a while to try something new. Maybe I'll attend the next meeting in Denver to meet some of the players in that cluster-fuck.

420circuit

420circuit

Current Rulemaking Activities:

The Following Emergency Rules were Adopted January 30, 2015 - they are CURRENTLY in Effect
R1004.5 and R1006.4

Proposed Permanent Rulemaking for Retail Marijuana Rules 1000 Series - Labeling and Product Safety

Notice of Rulemaking Hearing
Monday, March 30, 2015
1:30 - 3:30 PM
Colorado Gaming Commission
17301 W. Colfax Ave.
Suite 135
Golden, CO 80401

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Dang, with all the hoops rec and med are coming up with it at times makes me want to just go back underground and guerrilla grow as I still feel we should all be allowed to grow how many we want and not have to dance to the beat of the regulators drums. Alas we are still moving in the right direction, but the rebel in me doesn't like being told my freedoms are negotiable!!!!! Whats a man to do?

K

kolah

Thanks for all the info! It appears being a caregeiver here in CO has more cons than pros..for sure.

I an across a post/article written by Kathy Chippi (she looks like a sober Janis Joplin) where she went into details about how the states are ripping off patients. Fuckers.

As I said years ago..this cannabis "legalization"stuff is nothing but a trap. It is NOT legal, the states and feds abuse the revenues, it keeps the lawyers oiled up and it gives the LEO's the names and addresses of growers. It has helped out with small possession issius but the PIGS don't care about a few roaches in the ashtray, they want the big fish...and especially the ones who own property, nice homes and other toys..ala RICO laws. (asset forfeitures)

Last edited:
nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Police profiting like the greedy heathens they are, what's the difference between a police and a politician? Should be a funny answer to make this a joke, but its hard to laugh at this joke of a justice system. Brings me to tears.
Naz

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Police profiting like the greedy heathens they are, what's the difference between a police and a politician? Should be a funny answer to make this a joke, but its hard to laugh at this joke of a justice system. Brings me to tears.
Naz

@nazarbattu ...... last time I checked the word justice is defunct in this country especially when you use the word in the same sentence as criminal justice. :rolleyes:

jus·tice

noun
  1. 1.
    just behavior or treatment.
    "a concern for justice, peace, and genuine respect for people"
    synonyms: fairness, justness, fair play, fair-mindedness, equity,evenhandedness, impartiality, objectivity, neutrality,disinterestedness, honesty, righteousness, morals,morality
    "I appealed to his sense of justice"

K

kolah

Two questions:

Is there anyone here on the farm who is (currently) a Colorado Caregiver?

Is there anyone here who WAS a CO Caregiver at one time?

K

kolah

Here is what Kathy Chippi had to say back in September 2014:

1. The CDPHE and the DoR are in cahoots (via the general assembly) to create a new patient registry at the DoR for MMC's --this registry has NO confidentiality protections or constitutional protections.

NO PATIENT should incriminate themselves and sign up for this registry as the Colorado Court of Appeals has ruled 4 times that cannabis use is still illegal. Until the Colorado Supreme Court overturns Coats v. Dish Network--everyone (even on the CDPHE breached registry) is at risk.

The constitutional CDPHE registry is OPTIONAL. If you have not ever registered, you do not have to and you could be better off not risking your status with their intentionally breached registry. If you EVER registered the CDPHE have NEVER PURGED any of the 261,000 plus patients who have registered since it's inception.

2. The CDPHE STOLE 9 million dollars they unlawfully over-collected from sick
patients who were voluntarily applying for medical cannabis registry cards.

This is the same 9-10 million the state has been trying to STEAL from patients for the last 3 years in the General Assembly through bills. From the 12 million the state auditor found unlawfully collected. Patients were able to thwart this theft before but it seems this year the media AND some supposed patient advocates are ignoring and/or supporting the theft this year.

Instead of returning the 9 million to patients or asking each patient where they want their overpayment to go or making the registry FREE for the next 5 years, the plan on giving the money they collected (under the guise of cost of processing the registry card) to private for profit companies to do research on whatever they want regarding cannabis.

I know IF the theft is deemed lawful in a court of law that I want my overpayment to
go to research of MY ailments, to the company of my choice and I'm sure others will feel the same way.

The research could also be to prove cannabis is NOT medicinal and/or harmful. When this 'grant' (CDPHE theft from patients) was first mentioned at a CDPHE meeting months ago and a Board of Health member asked who would get the money and to research what--Dr. Wolk responded that he had been approached by 4 FEDERAL agencies who were interested in marijuana research.

For crying out loud, I'm sure patients who were overcharged do not want their money to go to federal agencies who have created the 43 year prohibition on "we the people" and kept us FROM the safest therapeutic substance known to man!!

The only 'patient advocate' on the 'Scientific Advisory Panel' that will decide where the patients stolen money goes is Teri Robnett. Teri supported the House Bill that
instructs the CDPHE to give the patients money away. The 9 million dollar 'grant' for research will be great (for her friends in the industry and the feds).

Let the CDPHE know how you feel--not just about their unenforceable caregiver rules but about their REAL 9 MILLION DOLLAR THEFT from patients, after the 70 million dollar theft of patients plants/meds that was stolen and 'converted' to A64 pot between Jan 1, 2014 and April 30th, 2014 (the 4 months it would have taken to
lawfully grow A64 crops for sale).

Anyone interested in a class action lawsuit to prevent can
contact me at [email protected]

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/09/16/marijuana-caregivers-escape-colorado-crackdown/

cardrack111

cardrack111

Two questions:

Is there anyone here on the farm who is (currently) a Colorado Caregiver?

Is there anyone here who WAS a CO Caregiver at one time?

yep still caregiving. not liking that they put one of my spots address' on my patients cards now. prob gonna stop caregiving and use plan B

K

kolah

Increased Plant Counts and "Medical Necessity"

by Kristen Wyatt Associated Press

The Denver Post; POSTED: 04/21/2014 02:22:13 PM MDT

DENVER (AP) — Colorado appears to be giving up on its effort to crack down on medical marijuana growers who are using a legal loophole to grow high numbers of pot plants without the kind of oversight faced by commercial growers.The Colorado Department of Health and Environment said in a statement Monday that it was reviewing responses to letters it sent earlier this month to about 2,300 doctors who have recommended medical marijuana. The letters sought medical justification for recommending more than six plants to any patient.

Colorado's state constitution allows medical marijuana patients up to six plants, though doctors can give permission for more plants. The constitution also allows patients to designate a "caregiver" to grow the pot on their behalf. Colorado has about 3,300 designated caregivers, registered under a model that wasn't affected by the passage of recreational pot in 2012.

Caregivers are not required to submit to background checks or pay the steep licensing fees required of commercial pot growers.

Colorado health authorities have tried several times since the 2000 passage of that amendment to crack down on caregivers. State law limits caregivers to five patients and a total of 30 plants — but state health authorities have said a small number of those caregivers are using a "medical necessity" loophole to have more patients and grow many more plants.

The Health Department sent letters to caregivers on April 1 asking for additional medical justification. Dr. Larry Wolk, Colorado's chief medical officer, told caregivers last month to expect more scrutiny over what he called "excessive" plant counts.

"Single plants can produce significant amounts of usable cannabis," Wolk said.

But caregivers pushed back.

One of the high-volume caregivers, James Clark Jr. of Akron, said his 40 or so patients were distraught at the news.

"I told the state if they wanted to do this, they'd have to come out here and tell these people to their face they wouldn't be able to access their medicine," Akron said Monday.

A lawyer representing other marijuana activists threatened to sue over the letters and was told Friday that the Health Department wouldn't pursue the "medical necessity" reviews.

"That is a decision for the physician," lawyer Rob Corry said of the marijuana plant counts. "The Health Department should not practice medicine. It should not second-guess doctors in the field."

A proposed bill to end "medical necessity" marijuana waivers has not been introduced.

A Health Department spokeswoman, Jan Stapleman, gave The Associated Press a statement Monday that said little about how the agency planned to pursue high-volume caregivers.

"The Department is currently reviewing public comments, physician-submitted documentation and available research to restructure its procedures," Stapleman said. "More information will be available soon."

——--

G

GreenTrees88

I would like to get information about specific county's in Colorado and what there regs are concerning caregivers and greenhouse grows. What counties are friendly? I've heard Pueblo and Saguache are open to caregivers.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Timmy 'I'm just a photographer and I don't have fake paperwork' Tipton? The Scambator?

Doesn't he have his own thread? Isn't it about time someone bumped that shit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom