Are There Any Licensed Rec64 Growers On Here?

• Thread starter Seed Buyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Seed Buyer

My states legislators are moving forward with a medical bill that will ultimately allow just a few large scale commercial growers. I am looking for some help/consulting and was curious if there are people/firms in CO that might be able to help me with the info I need. Below is just a couple line from the bill and the state will be looking for someone who has a solid plan in place to award grow license to. Growing I know but I know little of the red tape process like seed to product tracking. Basically I will need help writing a business plan/proposal that will win me the growers permit. Any ideas who I should turn to? Below are a few lines from the bill that have me scratching my head. Was CO wanting the same kind of info? Thanks

Section 44-53-2190. (A) In order to be licensed as a grower, a person or for-profit or nonprofit corporation must submit:

(4) information required by the department to demonstrate that the applicant has appropriate expertise in agriculture and is qualified to cultivate marijuana and to sell, deliver, transport, or distribute marijuana solely for use pursuant to this article;

My thought: Does the state really want me to know of my 20 year history of illegal growing to prove i know how to grow cannabis? Seems like they want to know more about your history of growing cotton or tobacco

(5) operating procedures of the proposed grower to ensure accurate record keeping and adequate security measures.

D) The department has the discretion not to issue a person a grower's license if the person has been convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, a felony drug-related offense within the previous five years.
My thought: I have a felon conviction for growing and traffiking. Does not bar me but I need to figure out how to sugar coat this so it does not get me black balled.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

internet regulatory advice is worth what it costs, nothing.
get an attorney, it's worth the money.
This. If you are moving forward in this industry without an attorney, things will get expensive, quickly. You need qualified advice, not internet chat room answers. Although, you are in the right place. There are some here who can tell you the important stuff you are asking about, but I don't think anyone would disagree that you need an attorney if you expect to be legal according to the state.

my $.02

S

Seed Buyer

Yeah I am seeking recommendations for people/firms in CO that specialize in this. This bill is so new in my state no attorneys (other than the two attorney/senators who wrote the bill) will have a clue. I am really interested in what seed to sale tracking software platforms/companies legal growers in CO are currently working with.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

My states legislators are moving forward with a medical bill that will ultimately allow just a few large scale commercial growers. I am looking for some help/consulting and was curious if there are people/firms in CO that might be able to help me with the info I need. Below is just a couple line from the bill and the state will be looking for someone who has a solid plan in place to award grow license to. Growing I know but I know little of the red tape process like seed to product tracking. Basically I will need help writing a business plan/proposal that will win me the growers permit. Any ideas who I should turn to? Below are a few lines from the bill that have me scratching my head. Was CO wanting the same kind of info? Thanks

Section 44-53-2190. (A) In order to be licensed as a grower, a person or for-profit or nonprofit corporation must submit:

(4) information required by the department to demonstrate that the applicant has appropriate expertise in agriculture and is qualified to cultivate marijuana and to sell, deliver, transport, or distribute marijuana solely for use pursuant to this article;

My thought: Does the state really want me to know of my 20 year history of illegal growing to prove i know how to grow cannabis? Seems like they want to know more about your history of growing cotton or tobacco

(5) operating procedures of the proposed grower to ensure accurate record keeping and adequate security measures.

D) The department has the discretion not to issue a person a grower's license if the person has been convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, a felony drug-related offense within the previous five years.
My thought: I have a felon conviction for growing and traffiking. Does not bar me but I need to figure out how to sugar coat this so it does not get me black balled.
Reading your email again, I do not think you are in the right place. If your state has an MMJ program, start a thread or request that one be started for your state.

If you are in a situation where there is a limited number of MJ suppliers such as Vermont which is limited to four operations that will be/are selling and growing. No more than four.

I would look into your background/criminal history because you might not even be eligible with your past. Advice on opening a shop seems a bit premature, but I could be reading this wrong.

Can you share more details about where you are or what you are trying to accomplish? This forum's members are more on the private side of things as opposed to the state-legislated rec market. There are most definitely people here who have knowledge and can provide you advice, but Muir is right. If you expect to make any sort of money from your business, you will need legal knowledge and you won't find what you need on an internet forum. Internet lawyer certifications are really easy to obtain, just like a backseat drivers license.

Good luck.

Top Bottom