Are There any vape devices out there that will work with full melt bubble ?

• Thread starter faintfuzzies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

faintfuzzies

I just recently seen people using these vape pens for hash oils , I was wondering if there any vape pens out there that will work with full melt bubble hash ( not oil but it melts just like oil )

Thanks

faint

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

yes, its called the g pen, here is a video with some description.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

icewater hash has too much particulate for the omicron and similar cartridges, they're just for oil and wax. That g-pen is one of many cheap e-cig designs that really isn't so great if you want to use it a lot. Check out thermovape.com for the real deal, totally unique designs and made in Cali. The ones for hash are the revolution and dart models, and both will fit on standard e-cig batteries. Careful with other companies, lots of junk products swamping the market lately.

P

ProppinFloppys

I've tried the thermovape and I didnt like it at all. they even sent me a replacement ceramic disk and it still worked like shit.

I'm gonna let the tech evolve another year or so before anyone gets more of my money.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I've tried the thermovape and I didnt like it at all. they even sent me a replacement ceramic disk and it still worked like shit.

I'm gonna let the tech evolve another year or so before anyone gets more of my money.
I think you're referring to the T1 unit they make for flowers, which also seems to have fairly limited battery life. Not sold on that one myself yet either.
Their product line is modular so the concentrate heads I'm talking about fit the same battery housings but work much differently. Omicron cartridges are decent too, but nowhere near the quality/performance as thermovape and can't handle hash/kief (although nice for stealth bho/wax use).

dextr0

dextr0

If it melts like oil the the Omicron should work good.. I use Goo AKA Wax in my Omicron

How does that work for u? Do u get the nice diff terpene tastes or is it like a nasty vape taste?? I always wanted one but dont want that vape taste...i make my own oil so i know the taste will b there but if it burns it, shit tastes nasty period.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

How does that work for u? Do u get the nice diff terpene tastes or is it like a nasty vape taste?? I always wanted one but dont want that vape taste...i make my own oil so i know the taste will b there but if it burns it, shit tastes nasty period.

Mine is brand new I'm still on my 1st cart.. & it tastes like killer hash hits.. Super tasty hash hits.. Not nasty at all.. The smell is bomb & the taste is great..

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

If you mean the odd taste from pg/vg carts, that's probably the fiber inside burning/browning. I'd stay away from that tech and stick with pure oil carts (omicron and copies, or thermovape). Fuckcombustion.com has discussion ad-nauseum of all these devices, many with their own threads (although unfortunately, also many many pages of arguing and irrelevant drivel).

Another thing to consider, the omicron carts require heating the concentrate until its viscous enough in order to fill through a funnel. This changes the flavor for sure (terpenoids/flavonoids), and if you heat too much while filling it can taste burnt. The thermovape concentrate tools don't require this but are more designed for loading only a few doses at a time, as opposed to loading the omicron with a full gram with many hits until the cart is empty or worn out. FYI, the omicron carts also require initial priming, and there can be a light burned metal flavor during this process. All these devices require some effort to learn a preferred style for operating them effectively, especially the omicron, so not for impatient users. For pure flavor cannaseurs, I'd go with the thermovape revolution or dart models (read up on FC for important differences, many of the vape companies participate in the discussions there).

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Well for a hundred bucks I got a g pen comming. Compaired to wbat I spend on glass to enjoy my wax, the pen is nothing. As long as it works and hold up for a while I am sure I will be happy. I looked at the thermovap and was not that impressed for the price. I can buy 2 of these and a couple of extra chambers if they work and stilll have 10 bucks left over ! I will report back when I get it and give a hands on review .. if I can remember after clearing out my first 2.5 gram chamber..lol.

J

JAHGYDI

love my omicron has changed my smoking habits. if i hold the button to long without inhaling i get a burnt taste.

F

faintfuzzies

Ijust recently bought a ego c for e juices, I wish there was a way to us ethis for full melt bubble. it is a great device for nicotine jucies. I love it. I email G pen asking them if my usb charger will work for the g pen so i could save money and they had no idea. I think all usb chargers should be the same . same voltage /amps as what comes out of a computer. for 60.00 to try this thing , it would be checp if it works for me

215 User

215 User

Pure Gold oil or CO2 wax taste excellent in the G pen........

Healthy investment worth the $75

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Those actually burn the concentrate rather than just vaporizing, the OP asked about pen-vapers.
hey el cerebro, have you tried both? I've never tried any of these new oil vapes, but I've had TI skillet/nail n dome. The thing I notice about using the skillet/nail n dome is that I don't like the hit as much if it doesn't get hot enough to vaporize all of the oil right away. I think the TI works great and tastes great but I have no basis of comparison other than to the flowers. Do you think vapeing the oil tastes better?

Jdubman420

Jdubman420

I used to smoke full melt in my vaporbrothers whip. Turn up the heat a bit more then flowers is all

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

hey el cerebro, have you tried both? I've never tried any of these new oil vapes, but I've had TI skillet/nail n dome. The thing I notice about using the skillet/nail n dome is that I don't like the hit as much if it doesn't get hot enough to vaporize all of the oil right away. I think the TI works great and tastes great but I have no basis of comparison other than to the flowers. Do you think vapeing the oil tastes better?
Yeah I started with omicron and picked up a TV with the dart and evolution heads. Dart kicks ass, way better than omicron but of course more of a "load as you go" device while omicron holds a whole gram of bho/wax. Dart can handle more varieties, but solvent-less hash will gunk it up quicker (very easy to clean and return to new, impossible with omicron although those can last a while if you don't fry them trying to get big hits). Battery life with the dart kicks-ass too. The Evo is a one-hitter for flowers, and works excellent with more-granular hash and kief, but you'll be changing batteries more often than dart. Their T1 head is a larger bowl that only works on the largest battery unit, too short of a battery life IMO if you're not near the charger, but people who have them really seem to like. TV has battery tubes ranging from ~0.5" to 1" in diameter depending on what size vs capacity trade-off you prefer. You can also find adapters to fit omicron carts on the tv battery, the best combo in my opinion.

If you can stand to sift through it, the huge threads on FC forums have all the details like battery time for each battery model, how many draws with each attachment, diy mods, etc. (I can summarize more here if anyone wants). I medicate more or less constantly lately for pain/nausea, and honestly the time it takes to mess with flowers has become very inconvenient, especially with my tolerance (capsules 4x per day too, and starting juice). Oil gives me a lot more freedom, less junk to carry around, much faster administration, ability to leave it alone for even a few hours instead of chain-vaping like with flowers, and much deeper medicinal effects of course. I can keep the tv in my pocket all day and medicate in like three seconds and get back to whatever, crucial for qol with as much time as symptoms can steal from our lives.

I'm not a fan of skillets/nails anymore after using a convection vaporizer (like vapbros) for a while, it really is much smoother, less harsh, better flavors, less oil-in-the-throat feel. Tv has a couple neat little ceramic moisturizer/filter attachments that don't seem like much but I really like (few drops of water inside and humidifies vapor). All their stuff is also easily compatible with several size glass fittings, built in on the Evo even. No know many folks will find these pen-vapes a little weak compared to torching a huge dab, but that's kind of the point really, smaller dosing options. The smaller/single omicron setup is most like this, a "sipping" device. The dart can blast a big dab if you want, but I go easier with it (maybe 1-2 hits on the tv = 10 on the omi, for me). You can get very small doses from both of them with some practice, although dart is much less fiddly and almost zero learning curve. Evo takes a bit more technique to master, but really no different than learning the nuances of joint or pipe methods.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I used to smoke full melt in my vaporbrothers whip. Turn up the heat a bit more then flowers is all
I like this method too, best way to experience complex flavors. Depending on the whip and glass bowl-head piece, one downside can be when you try to draw air over the hash quickly, the feeling of oil I mentioned back of throat. Trick to this is higher heat and a much slower/relaxed draw, moreso the harder the hash, and less-so with kief/flowers. Lots of variations depending on your vaporizer model, takes some experimenting.

Top Bottom