Are these Aphids? If so what now

• Thread starter KingBvM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingBvM

KingBvM

Here the deal
I broke my leg and did the best I could caring for these ladies. My son sprayed what I clean the tent with on jack black so it turned orange weird.
Then I notice once it started to get hot flying stuff and these little white bugs.
Here are pictures and what pesticide I started using yesterday
Are these aphids if so what now
Are these aphids if so what now 2
Are these aphids if so what now 3
Are these aphids if so what now 4
Are these aphids if so what now 5
Are these aphids if so what now 6
Are these aphids if so what now 7

mancorn

mancorn

The aphids have the cornicles coming out their rear (like two exhaust pipes) and super slow moving. If they’re not down in your roots they’re usually not a big problem. You can just use water to squirt em off. If they’re in your roots you’ll need a soil drench.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Not root aphids as they live deep in pots. Look at the outside of rootball. You will see whiteish brown bulb like aphids suckin the life out of your plants.

Aphids have hinged legs too. You will see rootaphid adults are black and can be confused with fungus gnats if you arent experienced enough. Wings are longer than the body on ra's too

These are the green peach aphid most likely....soapy water!

Have you gone outside and then into the tent? Just trying go figure out how they got there in the 1st place.

Trace your steps

KingBvM

KingBvM

Not root aphids as they live deep in pots. Look at the outside of rootball. You will see whiteish brown bulb like aphids suckin the life out of your plants.

Aphids have hinged legs too. You will see rootaphid adults are black and can be confused with fungus gnats if you arent experienced enough. Wings are longer than the body on ra's too

These are the green peach aphid most likely....soapy water!

Have you gone outside and then into the tent? Just trying go figure out how they got there in the 1st place.

Trace your steps

My exhaust fan is not connected the humidity was super high in the tent. I have my tent in an outside room of my house. So brilliant me open’s the tent to let the moisture out. I also open the back door to let the moisture out of the room.
My leg has been broke so I have limited mobility so no telling how long this has been going on. I didn’t have my exhaust fan hooked up because it requires me to drill it on the wall I cant physically do that. I figured I’ll air the room out here and there. Well now this I’m starting to hobble with out crutches for longer periods. I bleached the tent and I’ll hook up intake and exhaust tomorrow.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

My exhaust fan is not connected the humidity was super high in the tent. I have my tent in an outside room of my house. So brilliant me open’s the tent to let the moisture out. I also open the back door to let the moisture out of the room.
My leg has been broke so I have limited mobility so no telling how long this has been going on. I didn’t have my exhaust fan hooked up because it requires me to drill it on the wall I cant physically do that. I figured I’ll air the room out here and there. Well now this I’m starting to hobble with out crutches for longer periods. I bleached the tent and I’ll hook up intake and exhaust tomorrow.
Is it outside in anyway?

Best thing to do if its in an outbuilding is bring it in the house if possible. Indoors outside in a nonsealed positive air environment is not a good idea.

A sealed negative air pressure environment is maybe what you need..

I have no exp..

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

You flowering soon? Id take about a foot atleast of her before you do. Get clones and flip. Spray that entire room down. Get some dawn dish soap peroxide and water in a pump sprayer....soak it all down.

Are seeing them in a few locations in tbe toom? Any way to figure out how they are gettin in?

Room is dirty too. Old. Its going to bring on issues. Those aphids get set up its not going to good....get ant traps like a mf'er. The can and will propagate these critters. See aphids produce a sweet waste product called honeydew....ants farm them for this...they will carry them onto and allover the place.

Heres a link....go naturally with chemicals plz...thx....these are probably youngins you get on them right away!

KingBvM

KingBvM

I will close the tent hook up both fans an intake from outside air and exhaust to outside air just got injured and just made do so I wouldn't have to just abandon them. I don't have room in the house for the tent so this is the only space I have available

KingBvM

KingBvM

You flowering soon? Id take about a foot atleast of her before you do. Get clones and flip. Spray that entire room down. Get some dawn dish soap peroxide and water in a pump sprayer....soak it all down.

Are seeing them in a few locations in tbe toom? Any way to figure out how they are gettin in?

Room is dirty too. Old. Its going to bring on issues. Those aphids get set up its not going to good....get ant traps like a mf'er. The can and will propagate these critters. See aphids produce a sweet waste product called honeydew....ants farm them for this...they will carry them onto and allover the place.

Heres a link....go naturally with chemicals plz...thx....these are probably youngins you get on them right away!

The room is old I plan on re-sheet rocking and painting and putting epoxy down but I still have a long way to go to heal. I have to make the best out the situation and yes Im about to flip. First I have to get rid of bugs and get my humidity under control with the fans so it stays under 40% and under 75 F through bloom. I dont want mildew or pest issues. I plan on just taking hedge clippers and just chopping in a straight line while I fix environmental and pest issues.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I will close the tent hook up both fans an intake from outside air and exhaust to outside air just got injured and just made do so I wouldn't have to just abandon them. I don't have room in the house for the tent so this is the only space I have available
I would only exhaust air out.... air will vome in through your bottom vents...you do have bottom vents use them...only pull air out from up top....this helps air travel through the plant before it exits.

How is your humidity so high? Is it just that bad this time of year in your neck of the woods?

KingBvM

KingBvM

I would only exhaust air out.... air will vome in through your bottom vents...you do have bottom vents use them...only pull air out from up top....this helps air travel through the plant before it exits.

How is your humidity so high? Is it just that bad this time of year in your neck of the woods?

Yep Fresno is humid city during spring even through summer hell. I use ac's and dehumidifiers. That room doesn't have windows that open so I just been using fans to move the air around the tent and exhaust out of the tent until my accident which happen as I was reorganizing my grow setup couldn't have been better timing.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Shitty! Hope it all works out. Go after those aphids....they get outta hand, watch out...

Latest posts

Top Bottom