Are these Autos under watered

• Thread starter Diranged
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diranged

Diranged

Hi ,

I’m a total newbie on my first grow . I posted these photos on Reddit and someone told me they were under watered . These are 24 days old today , so in Week 4 . From start of week 2 they’ve been getting around 2l between them with root juice ( that started earlier ) Alg a mic , cal mag every 2 days . Before that I was on small watering cans mister bottle . I’m in 50/50 Biobizz light mix/ All mix obviously the latter being at the bottom . These were watered about 6 hours before these were taken. From what I’ve read elsewhere it seems like I should be giving that dosage per plant . Any help would be appreciated as I’m a total noob . Lights are marshydro TSL 2000 at around 13 inches on 75 percent now . Strain is cookies gorilla auto from fast buds

Are these autos under watered
View attachment
Are these autos under watered 2
Are these autos under watered 3
R

RhastaBlasta

well from the photos they don't look like they are drying or overwatered. Could be a slight water issue but normally the plant can take it. If you are not sure - rather not do, but I personally can't state that more water is needed. You can try giving them 7 instead of 6 for a couple of days and see how they behave but I would not

Diranged

Diranged

well from the photos they don't look like they are drying or overwatered. Could be a slight water issue but normally the plant can take it. If you are not sure - rather not do, but I personally can't state that more water is needed. You can try giving them 7 instead of 6 for a couple of days and see how they behave but I would not
I haven’t watered till run off once yet ! I’ve been told on a discord forum I should be watering way more and to water till run off ? So I was going to do that tonight . Such a minefield of information to navigate

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Your plants appear over-watered to me, based on the leaf texture. It's important to understand that "over-watering" is NOT giving too much water at once. It's watering too often, which deprives roots of sufficient air. Correct watering frequency depends largely on the water retention properties of your media. I've never run BioBizz, so I don't know how helpful my advice is, but I'll tell you that when I run Fox Farm soils (Happy Frog or Ocean Forest...peat based, with perlite, wood chips, and various amendments), I water slowly to runoff, and don't water again until the pots are light.

Hope that helps.

Diranged

Diranged

Your plants appear over-watered to me, based on the leaf texture. It's important to understand that "over-watering" is NOT giving too much water at once. It's watering too often, which deprives roots of sufficient air. Correct watering frequency depends largely on the water retention properties of your media. I've never run BioBizz, so I don't know how helpful my advice is, but I'll tell you that when I run Fox Farm soils (Happy Frog or Ocean Forest...peat based, with perlite, wood chips, and various amendments), I water slowly to runoff, and don't water again until the pots are light.

Hope that helps.
Well dam .. today I’ve had , underwatered overwatered and not enough nutes! I’ve probably killed them now because I watered till run off just now as I’d never done that and pretty much everyone says I should off . So let’s hope I haven’t destroyed them but if they survive I’m employing the pot weight technique . Thanks for advice in any case

Diranged

Diranged

I mean they’ve survived my noobie hands till this point . I think I’m on top of the watering thing now . Thing is my pots are 5 gal and most peoples advice is based on 3 as is optimal . Will change to that next time , but other than this it seems to be going ok

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

There's nothing wrong with 5 gallon pots...if you adjust your watering accordingly. That said, if you have a tendency to over-water, 3 gals are a little "safer." This is one of the reasons I don't grow autos indoors...I like to transplant into bigger pots as my plants grow. Keeping the pots smaller relative to the plant size makes it a lot easier to avoid over-watering.

Diranged

Diranged

There's nothing wrong with 5 gallon pots...if you adjust your watering accordingly. That said, if you have a tendency to over-water, 3 gals are a little "safer." This is one of the reasons I don't grow autos indoors...I like to transplant into bigger pots as my plants grow. Keeping the pots smaller relative to the plant size makes it a lot easier to avoid over-watering.
I’d love to grow outdoors but not an option here legally or climate wise . Thanks for the advice, I’d just heard autos prefer smaller pots so I guess that’s why I made that assumption . Like I said I’ve drowned them now till run off so I can get an idea of weight etc . They should be ok

Newty

Newty

Water slowly, move pot to pot and then come back to the first and repeat if needed. This way the water has time to move through the soil before adding more.

You will hear endless ways on how to water your plants and methods are going to contradict each other but it's going to be different between each person, medium type and how compacted it is, among other things are going to play a huge role.

I ran a drip system before and would have to adjust drip rate various times throughout every grow. My drippers clogged because I didn't use water soluble nutrients and had to hand water this grow. My plants have taken 1 quart of water everyday since 2 weeks after I transplanted them from the solo cups into the final pot, I'm in my second week of flower. I usually get no runoff, maybe once a week. It's even the same strain as my last grow and in the same pots with the same soil yet the watering is much different in this grow. I've had no issues at all during this grow.

A lot of people say go by the weight of the pot, if it's light then it needs watered. Some people stick their finger in the soil, some people will cut off your finger for even considering doing that though lol.

Diranged

Diranged

Water slowly, move pot to pot and then come back to the first and repeat if needed. This way the water has time to move through the soil before adding more.

You will hear endless ways on how to water your plants and methods are going to contradict each other but it's going to be different between each person, medium type and how compacted it is, among other things are going to play a huge role.

I ran a drip system before and would have to adjust drip rate various times throughout every grow. My drippers clogged because I didn't use water soluble nutrients and had to hand water this grow. My plants have taken 1 quart of water everyday since 2 weeks after I transplanted them from the solo cups into the final pot, I'm in my second week of flower. I usually get no runoff, maybe once a week. It's even the same strain as my last grow and in the same pots with the same soil yet the watering is much different in this grow. I've had no issues at all during this grow.

A lot of people say go by the weight of the pot, if it's light then it needs watered. Some people stick their finger in the soil, some people will cut off your finger for even considering doing that though lol.
Yeah the disinformation is unreal sometimes , although this site seems trustworthy ! Just waiting for Day cycle in a few hours to see whether I killed them . Should be ok but will follow the slowly watering pot weight method from now on . Shouldnt need to water for at least a couple of days

Diranged

Diranged

IMG 0767

I think they made it through the night ! And pots are notably heavy . Thanks for the input peeps. I promise not too water them again or with such frequency XD . I think I came to the conclusion that I was watering them too often but not enough volume . I didn’t really think that made sense in my head untill you guys pointed out that overwatering is more about frequency than volume . Then things clicked a bit . I do also believe that had I not had a layer of hydroton on the bottom things may of got worse . Inevitably I may be back with other worries but for now , we are ok ! Day 24 and still in the fight 🙃

IMG 0765
IMG 0764
IMG 0766
IMG 0762
Top Bottom