Are these bananas I’m seeing?

• Thread starter SwoleGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

Was looking over the ladies & saw what appears to be a banana. Am I correct? If so, what should I do with it? I have another flower room that’s I could finish it out in.
Week 6 day 5 of 9 weeks.
Are these bananas im seeing

Are these bananas im seeing 3
Are these bananas im seeing 4
Are these bananas im seeing 2

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

It looks like you could safely slice it and a small margin around it without wrecking the cola so that you could inspect closer? Hard to be sure from the photos...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sorry I'm new to the game, what is this?

Bud 👊
Female bud that has produced a single male flower. They are sometimes sterile but sometimes they can make a bit of pollen resulting in a few seeds in the crop.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Female bud that has produced a single male flower. They are sometimes sterile but sometimes they can make a bit of pollen resulting in a few seeds in the crop.
I've read that allowing them to grow can result in viable feminized seeds that can be planted?? Obviously risks associated....

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Yes banana indeed.
Just carefully take it out with your nails or better tweezers.
And keep observing the plants as you did.
You may find a few seeds in the buds later, not a big problem.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've read that allowing them to grow can result in viable feminized seeds that can be planted?? Obviously risks associated....
Thats true, but one problem is that by the time nanners usually appear it doesnt give the seed enough time to develop properly before harvest and you end up with immature seed.

But the biggest problem is that those genetics shouldnt be allowed to proliferate if you get nanners with little stress. Strong genetics should be able to handle stress without going hermie in the first place.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Thats true, but one problem is that by the time nanners usually appear it doesnt give the seed enough time to develop properly before harvest and you end up with immature seed.

But the biggest problem is that those genetics shouldnt be allowed to proliferate if you get nanners with little stress. Strong genetics should be able to handle stress without going hermie in the first place.
Thanks for the explanation! 😀

Top Bottom