Are These From Mites?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I've been growing for years and when I checked on some clones that a buddy made up for me, and I saw a bunch of tiny, tiny dots on the leaves. It looked like bugs to me, but I looked pretty close and didn't see any bugs, webbing, or issues on the bottom of the leaf. I AM using a 10k light, which was turned on recently, although I didn't notice near the same degree of problem on other plants. I'll be pissed as hell if he is giving me buggy clones. The plant that I see it most seems a lighter shade of green and not as robust s the others. I have some pictures, although I don't know if they will be of any help. I order so Jacks Dead Bug or something like that...I just hate to spray for anything that I'm not sure I have.

Are these from mites
Are these from mites 2
Are these from mites 3
Are these from mites 4
Are these from mites 5
Are these from mites 6
Are these from mites 7
Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Looks like something is sucking them leaves out. Is it not mites them tiny little dots on underleaves? I think you need to act quick

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Looks like something is sucking them leaves out. Is it not mites them tiny little dots on underleaves? I think you need to act quick
I didn't see the marks on the underside, but I see them in the photo. Got some Jacks dead bug on the way. Pissed off at the fool who provided the clones... and he denied having bugs, but said I should probably spray them "Just in case". Yeah, just to cover HIS ass! Everything was in flux when he gave them as well...halfway between veg and flowering. It took a few weeks to straighten those issues out, then the bugs appear. WTF!
On a side note, how is the Jack's dead bug stuff applied...systemically or spray? What a day!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I thought I was going into the hospital today but the Dr nixed the plans. I'm hoping the Jacks comes in soon, as the one plant looks pretty heavily infested. I still don't see any webbing but the one photo shows them by the looks of it. I do my buddy a favor and let him take cutting, and he returns the cutting plus a little more. The road to hell is paved with good intentions!

B

Burned Haze

flying skull Nuke em (instant killer and citric acid combo safe based ), pyganic 5.0(instant killer made from a flower and they even use it for bed bugs and can kill 100’s of soft bodied instantly . They use this one even on livestock it’s that safe ), grandevo , venerate , azaguard (2x the concentration of azamax and lacking the shitty oils ) , conserve sc (20x concentration stronger than captain jacks in Spinosad ) just watch your limits of sprays on a season, it states how many in the manuals

Rotate as many of these as u can every 3 days as a ipm and I’m sure you won’t see shit and win. If you see anything again (no problem )

palm eezy

palm eezy

definitely spider mites.

you can use organics and horiticultural oils to make it through the run but unless you want to invest in some serious pesticides, i recommend tossing everything and starting fresh from seed. bleach and heat treat room + equipment.

alternatively you can invest in bio-pesticides but you will have to take steps early on to keep the population and pressure at a minimum.

grandevo and venerate. throw in regalia to help with secondary issues associated with bugs. biologicals work well if you take the necessary steps. but like anything natural, it's a lot more work and not as straightforward effective as chems.

Ina

Ina

Habenaro spray all natural and spider mites can not become immune.
I thought I was going into the hospital today but the Dr nixed the plans. I'm hoping the Jacks comes in soon, as the one plant looks pretty heavily infested. I still don't see any webbing but the one photo shows them by the looks of it. I do my buddy a favor and let him take cutting, and he returns the cutting plus a little more. The road to hell is paved with good intentions!
Do something while you are waiting for it,try the habaneros,wash everything,...…..Stop the mites from spreading more until you wait for that product.Webbing is a sign that it is really late.

M

motz

Have you seen any fungus gnats buzzin your op.
They look like gnat sucks

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Despite close inspections, I don't see any evidence of webbing. I looked closely under the leaves but didn't see anything other than he underside of the leaf's spots. I know one photo looks like it shows bugs, but I'm pretty sure it was just a camera blur. The stuff should be in pretty soon, I might hit it with a mosquito coil as well after the lights go out and I can shut everything down (including fans). The coils work great for just about every bug out there, as they are pyrethrin based. Using them late in flowering, however, can make your grow smelling like a fishing cabin in Canada (where you burn the coils 24/7 to keep mosquitos and black flies away).

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Finally got a couple pictures of the bastards, but too much trouble to post the blurry picture. I'll hit them with the Jacks and the mosquito coils sequentially. I can't believe the guy who provided all of the bugs denied that he had them, but strongly suggested that I had bugs. He knows I only grow indoors by seed, and the only clones came from him. They looked funky when I first got them and assumed that he just did a shitty job cloning them, as the appearance improved after I took charge of them. They were already too tall to replant, so I left them in their 1 gallon pots when I noticed that they were getting funky again. Since they weren't being cared for too well, and the soil dried out a few times, I didn't think much about their overall health, as I never had any bugs ever other than white flies about 15 yrs ago. I should have recognized the problem and I DID notice the problem based on the leaf damage...even 60 yr old dogs can learn new tricks!!
This is the last time I get clones from him!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Finally got a couple pictures of the bastards, but too much trouble to post the blurry picture. I'll hit them with the Jacks and the mosquito coils sequentially. I can't believe the guy who provided all of the bugs denied that he had them, but strongly suggested that I had bugs. He knows I only grow indoors by seed, and the only clones came from him. They looked funky when I first got them and assumed that he just did a shitty job cloning them, as the appearance improved after I took charge of them. They were already too tall to replant, so I left them in their 1 gallon pots when I noticed that they were getting funky again. Since they weren't being cared for too well, and the soil dried out a few times, I didn't think much about their overall health, as I never had any bugs ever other than white flies about 15 yrs ago. I should have recognized the problem and I DID notice the problem based on the leaf damage...even 60 yr old dogs can learn new tricks!!
This is the last time I get clones from him!
Sounds like your friend has a large case of growers ego.. good luck killing the pest!

Top Bottom