Are These Gone For Good? First Feed Overdose....

• Thread starter NewEngland
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewEngland

NewEngland

These are Black Russian Fems (2) and Pineapple Chunk Fems (1) grown in a temp controlled 75* 8x4 tent with others. Humidity at 35-39%, watered at 5.7-5.9pH. First feed on Friday last week with Soul GROW and CalMag. They are planted in Roots Organic Coco medium which is a melange of many organic notes. They are sitting under a 4x2 T5 with 4 agromax veg lbulbs and 4 acromax grow bulbs. I changed from low wattage standard t5s same day and lowered them to about 5 inches above the plants. I did this in combination with their first watering of the calmag and Soul GROW. at 2600ppm. My RO water is 26-30ppm consistently. Following day realizing I fried the shit of them but prior to seeing ramifications i diluted feeds down to about 550ppm. They are fed once daily as they dry out which I am using sticks to determine feeding. Should I just toss these or can they come back? Can I cut all the apparent dead leaves off or give them a chance to revive? I have since elevated the t5 light about 2feet about the plants. What do I do now? Fortunately I have 8 other fresh seedlings coming up behind these and Im a noob and this was my first three seeds from Supreme Seeds.
Are these gone for good  first feed overdose

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
These are Black Russian Fems (2) and Pineapple Chunk Fems (1) grown in a temp controlled 75* 8x4 tent with others. Humidity at 35-39%, watered at 5.7-5.9pH. First feed on Friday last week with Soul GROW and CalMag. They are planted in Roots Organic Coco medium which is a melange of many organic notes. They are sitting under a 4x2 T5 with 4 agromax veg lbulbs and 4 acromax grow bulbs. I changed from low wattage standard t5s same day and lowered them to about 5 inches above the plants. I did this in combination with their first watering of the calmag and Soul GROW. at 2600ppm. My RO water is 26-30ppm consistently. Following day realizing I fried the shit of them but prior to seeing ramifications i diluted feeds down to about 550ppm. They are fed once daily as they dry out which I am using sticks to determine feeding. Should I just toss these or can they come back? Can I cut all the apparent dead leaves off or give them a chance to revive? I have since elevated the t5 light about 2feet about the plants. What do I do now? Fortunately I have 8 other fresh seedlings coming up behind these and Im a noob and this was my first three seeds from Supreme Seeds.View attachment 672406
They are toast.. might be able to save the last one... try feeding under 200ppm till they show you they need more.

NewEngland

NewEngland

A little flush and back off the feeds. 5.8-6 should be fine.

Thanks! I think the combo of the new bulbs heating up too close and the 2600ppm feed fucked em up for good. Lesson learned and thanks for your quick response. I'm flushing #3 tomorrow morning.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks! I think the combo of the new bulbs heating up too close and the 2600ppm feed fucked em up for good. Lesson learned and thanks for your quick response. I'm flushing #3 tomorrow morning.
Well when the feeding is low the plant can handle a lot of light and some heat... they dont stand a chance feeding at over 5 times the recommendation

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

2600ppm

Holy shit batman. I thought my 1480ppm flower feeds were high.

Like GT said above. Plus if flush them . girls, the last watering give them a very light feed. I personally would use rapid start root hormone (5ml/gal as well as some thrive alive red at 5ml/glass ph to 6.4. It will take aboutn1 week for the pot to dry up. They may make it.

T

TripC

I had to comment here. Over 1000 ppm for seedlings is one crazy train thing to do but over 2000?! You're a legend haha! I say toss them, you'll learn from this, and start fresh with these seeds you have in germination stage. Lighter is better if you're new I would say, just watch plants for deficiencies instead of having to correct overfeeding. Light 2 feet or so away, good temperature, humidity decent, light feedings all that you know now and you're set. Good luck!

NewEngland

NewEngland

Ladies and Gentlemen - they are toast! So proud to come in last place for the noobs. I consider it a very valuable lesson and 40 days of my life I won't get back. lol

Let's put the not having an accurate, quality, EC/ppm/pH monitor aside and slide in a shitty $15 pH meter that kicked off the 2600ppm rodeo. 2 of the 3 are fried. I'm following a recommendation for a quick ER on the last one by flushing the shit out of the last green black russian, placing in a temp controlled, fanned, and circulated air total darkness Gorilla for 3 days. I say it has a 10% shot of coming out of this - and will probably revert to a hermie.

Roots Organic coco blend out of the bag is super fucking hot. Its taking me hours to get each new seedlings PPM and pH down to <90ppm (RO water is 50-ish) and a 5.8. I 'm hoping this new round of fem black russian and fem wombat from superseeds start picking it up for the 3rd run.

Keep you posted and thank you for all your valuable advice.

NE

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Don't feed them until they grow their second set of real leaves and water them until water runs out the bottom of the pot when you water, then wait until the pot feels lighter to water again.

M

mulehunter

These are Black Russian Fems (2) and Pineapple Chunk Fems (1) grown in a temp controlled 75* 8x4 tent with others. Humidity at 35-39%, watered at 5.7-5.9pH. First feed on Friday last week with Soul GROW and CalMag. They are planted in Roots Organic Coco medium which is a melange of many organic notes. They are sitting under a 4x2 T5 with 4 agromax veg lbulbs and 4 acromax grow bulbs. I changed from low wattage standard t5s same day and lowered them to about 5 inches above the plants. I did this in combination with their first watering of the calmag and Soul GROW. at 2600ppm. My RO water is 26-30ppm consistently. Following day realizing I fried the shit of them but prior to seeing ramifications i diluted feeds down to about 550ppm. They are fed once daily as they dry out which I am using sticks to determine feeding. Should I just toss these or can they come back? Can I cut all the apparent dead leaves off or give them a chance to revive? I have since elevated the t5 light about 2feet about the plants. What do I do now? Fortunately I have 8 other fresh seedlings coming up behind these and Im a noob and this was my first three seeds from Supreme Seeds.View attachment 672406
Should have been at that age 300 ppms,in max flower 800 ppms

Top Bottom