are these hermaphrodites???????

• Thread starter davey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Damn..! You've got some good eyes, there! And yeah, those be some fat calyxes. I haven't even seen seeded girls get them that fat. Tittehs.

D

davey

I took bout ten photos this is the clearest its a cheap camera
I cant find a hermie the male plant was same age as these was only left in for a week or ten days of 12/12 then i spotted it and removed it i didnt realise it could pollinate em that quickly but it does just seem to be the plants that were beside it the ones on left i dont see any seed pods or whatever they are!

Melvan

Melvan

Soap Box Time

Sorry for the hermie situation, but this is what comes of feminized seeds. Next time get regular seed and pull out your males. And do not grow any from bagseed, which also tend to come from hermied plants.

Please do not grow any of the seeds you find, feed them to the birds or destroy them, no matter what anyone tells you about "oh, you could find a real fire pheno in there, they're free seed, blah blah blah" In the end you'll be just propagating the hermie trait, which is bad

You can try to limit the amount of seed you have in the bud by removing the nanners you see and spraying down the entire plant with RO water which makes the pollen nonviable, but they looked pretty advanced to me too, I think you'll just have to suck it up. The weed will still smoke just fine, some say even better since the plant is actually following its natural course, you'll just be picking seeds like it's a swag bag.

What you need to do now is think about what stressful conditions happened during the course of the grow to cause them to hermie and correct them before your next run. What we call stress the hermie trait sees as optimal conditions to assert itself.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are we even sure they've been pollinated, though? Fat calyxes, yeah, but this obviously bears some repeating.
maybe im missing it i still cant see it, the seeds i mean. in all the pics i see nice white hairs and no orange or brown ones. so if u got the male out, you could be ok. when a plant is pollenated the hairs will start to shrivel up and go an orange/brownish color. so if its making nice fat white pistils now, its not being pollenated no more.

waayne

waayne

This threads crackin me up!
With those pics I don't know how anyone can tell
if there are male flowers some where in those colas
or not......
Fact - all feminized S1's do not all turn hermaphrodite.
Melvans opinion on feminized seeds is BullShit! :pimp:
These phenos all came from feminized seed......
You wanna point out the male flowers Melvan?
IMG_19781.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_10731.JPG
Kandy_kush1.jpg
IMG_0548.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh Jesus oh Jesus oh JESUS! You have got to give a girl a warning before you post up stuff like that, waayne. <drool> Now look and see what I've done, I made a mess all over the keyboard. Jesus.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

some good points in there, it is true that unstable strains my have hermie issues, but there are def plenty of keepers to be pulled from fem seeds
but that is written by a company that doesnt sell fem seeds(to the best of my knowledge) so its kinda one sided imo

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i agree with northone and waayne. Genetics are genetics they dont change. So if there is hermi tendencies in the line im sure it will come out fem or non fem. Reversing a plant with chemicals such as colloidal silver will inhibit ethylene production allowing the male flowers to from. It will not change the dna of the plant. If the plant had recessive hermaphrodite tendencies even if u didn't see it in the original plant you could see it manifest in its offspring. If you self a semi stable plant like bubba you will get very uniform offspring most resembling bubba quite well. if you self a plant like blueberry x (ssh x the white) you will get more variation in your offspring and you would have a bigger chance for hermis to pop up.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I don't wanna steal the thread but hears a hermie question? Let me make it a situation. I have one mom that came from a fem seed. Take 3 clones from her. Nanners are popping out of only 1 of the clones in late flower. Is this possible?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yes sounds like soemthing is affecting only that one plant. is she near a potential light leak, directly under a light? did she dry out maybe?

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

95% sure no light leaks. Maybe a couple pin size holes. She is under the light and by far the biggest. Dried out no. However... I've had a bout with pm on these plants. Her case being the worse. Looking today and found a couple nanners at the top of one of the other clones. Maybe just poor genetics? Maybe the pm?

420Gator

420Gator

95% sure no light leaks. Maybe a couple pin size holes. She is under the light and by far the biggest. Dried out no. However... I've had a bout with pm on these plants. Her case being the worse. Looking today and found a couple nanners at the top of one of the other clones. Maybe just poor genetics? Maybe the pm?

maybe it was cut off a hermaphroditic limb?

i have no experience with this just guessing

D

davey

All the plants look like theyre seeding so must be a hermie in there rather than the male having done some damage before it was removed. at what stage should i harvest the plants at? do they mature alot quicker when pollinated?

Top Bottom