Are these male pollen pods or buds forming???

• Thread starter rronnie166
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rronnie166

This is a feminized Chocolate Kush 2+ weeks into flower. All of a sudden these pod like things have appeared. Does anyone know what they are?
Flower

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I see some nuts in there...uh oh. def pollen sacks that's a bad one. You said that's fem?

R

rronnie166

But there were no signs of a male on the calyx thingy?? Would a light leak cause it to change sex? The only leak I can think of is the zipper teeth but even that is miniscule

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
But there were no signs of a male on the calyx thingy?? Would a light leak cause it to change sex? The only leak I can think of is the zipper teeth but even that is miniscule
Are you sure? I see zero signs that it was ever a female, which should make it a good, straight male. Yes, if the genetics are unstable and prone to hermaphroditism then absolutely a light leak, or a timer that's not working properly, or other various forms of stress like a root aphid infestation, can cause the plant to form parts of the opposite sex.

I'd really like to see some more, and bigger, pix of this guy. Where did you see pistils? Calyx doesn't mean female, pistil means female.

R

rronnie166

I never saw a pistal but I certainly did not see balls hanging on the calyx. Being I purchased fem seeds, I wasnt very concerned with the kush

chikken

chikken

I wouldn't breed with a hermied fem plant. aint nothing good there, just get more hermie plants.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I never saw a pistal but I certainly did not see balls hanging on the calyx. Being I purchased fem seeds, I wasnt very concerned with the kush
That's not how males form. I'm betting that he was a he from the very start, which would mean it's NOT a hermaphrodite.

When females start showing sex (as soon as the nodes begin to alternate) they take on a slightly hairy appearance, and you should see at least a single pistil popping out from where petiole meets stem.

When males start showing sex, the calyx instead begins to look like tiny praying hands, and takes on a more... I'll say nodular appearance, from the get-go.

So my opinion is this--if you never saw pistils you never had a girl in the first place. Hunnert percent boy. Well stacked & formed, too, so if I found one like that, I'd be separating and keeping him.

R

rronnie166

Well I removed him from the rest. Thanks for your professional insight Seamaiden.

Top Bottom