Are These Plants Big Enough To Cut Clones Off Yet?

• Thread starter jinxjj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

I also came across a thread on here the other day which detailed how to make your own EZ clone out of a camping cooler which looked pretty badass (i would have done it if i didn't alredy buy the ez clone).[/QUOTE]
Were was this thread?what section & who was it by do you know?

H

happy b

I had a look.i dont have the tools required.i.made a bubbler cloner and it works well but i know the aerocloners root cuts faster and stronger so im going to look into getting one.you can actually buy an aerocloner kit.its just a pump and the pipes a spray nozzles and you construct your own container.

MGRox

MGRox

I do perpetual and know a couple people whom had tried it in years past. Every stage is important (cuts, veg, bloom etc); but your cuts and veg tend to be the determining / limiting factors on your progression. It can be easy, when starting, to neglect the veg / clone side of things once you get a floor full of beauties. The couple others, I know who tried a perpetual system totally ignored this aspect and quickly were not able to keep perpetual going. Be sure to keep your veg / cuts in the front of your mind / priorities when doing perpetual.

I know this isn't any great wisdom or knowledge here, but it's at least something that's hard to truly appreciate until you've done a perpetual system. Anyway, good luck and I hope this helps.

H

happy b

Mg rox is right.as far as perpetual harvest are concerned maintaining healthy moms and keeping a steady supply of strong rooted cuts is the key.in my mind that is the "buisness end"of a perpetual harvest.ot shouldnt be too hard for you to maintain with your ez cloner.another question on the ez cloner.could the neoprine inserts hold more than one cutting?for example could your 16 site cloner hold32 cuttings or is 16 the max?i would think aslong as you can get the stems held in the right position and they wer getting sprayed then they would root.

J

jinxjj

The 16 site box has 16 holes cut for pucks but like you said as long as you can fit multiple cuts in a single collar shouldn't be a problem.

Off to get some 6" square pots I think these lady's need a bigger home, just got done watering and 2 plants were wilted from not enough water. Thought I could get away with watering them this morning instead of last night but apparently not!

2014 12 21 111919
20141221 110653
20141221 110723
20141221 110750
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yep
they will love you for the bigger pots and should blow up quickly

H

happy b

Its amazing what an extra couple of inches of soil can do for an ailing plant.(not that im saying yours are ailing jinx)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
if you plan on taking lower branches as clones you could super crop the top by gently pinching it
that will make the lower branches grow faster

J

jinxjj

if you plan on taking lower branches as clones you could super crop the top by gently pinching it
that will make the lower branches grow faster

I was just planning on taking the lower branches seeing as they get the least light, figured that would be the least shock to the plant. I'll have to try the super crop thing on a couple and see how it goes. Should I pinch the stem before or after I cut the clones or dont matter?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I just looked at your pics
if you're in a hurry to get copies, I would take the tops as clones
if you can wait a week or two, then pinch the top and make those bottoms grow some nodes

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I'm going to ramble for a second because my phone types for me.

from my experience, tops make the best clones. But the bottom branches are usually shaded, so, they have to come off eventually too

there are lots of ways to fry an egg
some plants like to be cut on and some plants don't

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I was just planning on taking the lower branches seeing as they get the least light, figured that would be the least shock to the plant. I'll have to try the super crop thing on a couple and see how it goes. Should I pinch the stem before or after I cut the clones or dont matter?
pinching the top will make the lower stems grow faster
and the top will be stronger when it heals
so yeah, do it now and wait a week you'll have better lowers for clones

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
be careful not to break the top
you just want to gently pinch it

J

jinxjj

Thanks for the advice, no rush here so I think I will wait and try the stem pinch on some of them today and wait a week. I need to move them up to bigger pots today anyway so want to give them some time to settle in before I start cutting.

J

jinxjj

They will love the new 6" pots, here is a pic of one of the weaker root systems on a plant I repotted, other were thicker and circling the bottom of cup.

2014 12 21 190228

Latest posts

Top Bottom