Are these ready for transplant?

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

70/30 coco/clay balls. Day 10 in solo cups. Final pots will be 3G fabric. I don’t think I can use Mykos because the Mantis Buffered Nutrients says not to add anything else through the life of the plant.

Let them go longer or transplant to 3 gallon today?

15076CF1-9D48-4060-B58B-3ECED3C1732A.jpeg
D46B0D5E-6803-40B4-9323-583A6632F9C0.jpeg

OldFarmer

OldFarmer

Hi @Dothraki
your seedlings are very nice....don't transplant for now

the size of a plant I will transplant soon (did start to give nuts for 5 days) not by for
the cup it's at 150g with water next day by for water 110-120g
the size of your seedlings in my room it's at 100-110g with just pro-mix in the cup And No Nuts
P1830439

Last edited:
Dothraki

Dothraki

Got it, Awesome THANKS GUYS!!

What strain is the one on the right? Looks really cool.
I think so too! lol. It‘s Lemon Grass from HSC...Lemon Kush x Humboldt Gelato. It’s supposedly a 70/30 Indica dom. I’m hoping it’s got more sativa traits in the smoke, it was a freebee.

faster you transplant, the faster they will shoot up.
Good to know, thanks! But I think with this being my first run I just want healthy good root structure so I don’t screw up, even if it does take longer.

growsince79

growsince79

faster you transplant, the faster they will shoot up.
I couldn't disagree more. Plant need to be in proper size container. Transplant to soon and the soil won't stay together and you get transplant shock. Transplant when the cup is full of roots and stays together and you won't miss a beat.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Any transplant tips? So far I’ve gathered... do it when coco isn’t soaking wet, use cup to make hole in new pot, water/feed coco in new pot before transplanting, cover some of the stem so not as tall in new pot, don’t water/feed until next day after transplant.

Do I have that right? Anything else like time of day or anything? I’m going to wait but just gathering the bits.

thanks!

growsince79

growsince79

Any transplant tips? So far I’ve gathered... do it when coco isn’t soaking wet, use cup to make hole in new pot, water/feed coco in new pot before transplanting, cover some of the stem so not as tall in new pot, don’t water/feed until next day after transplant.

Do I have that right? Anything else like time of day or anything? I’m going to wait but just gathering the bits.

thanks!
Soak the soil the day before so it drys out a touch but still wet. Remove from cup when its between watering. Not too wet or dry so it all comes out in one piece. Lightly prune some side and bottom roots and put it in the pre made hole.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

I couldn't disagree more. Plant need to be in proper size container. Transplant to soon and the soil won't stay together and you get transplant shock. Transplant when the cup is full of roots and stays together and you won't miss a beat.
Ive never had a problem and ive been doing this for almost 30 years.
we can agree to disagree.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

I transplant all the time during various stages of growth; seedling, teens, mothers, and in flower mode.

most assume SHOCK is a bad thing but for me I use it to my advantage.

growsince79

growsince79

I transplant all the time during various stages of growth; seedling, teens, mothers, and in flower mode.

most assume SHOCK is a bad thing but for me I use it to my advantage.
Unless your goal is smaller plants, how is shocking the plant during flower(or anytime) advantageous?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Unless your goal is smaller plants, how is shocking the plant during flower(or anytime) advantageous?
I'm of the opinion that shocking/stressing will add to the vigor of the plant.

Something from my row crop farming day's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom