Are these ready to harvest?

• Thread starter Strracer75
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NotTooShabby

NotTooShabby

Hi @Strracer75 ,

I am quite new to growing but I can tell that this plant needs a little more time in flowering. It lools like a Sativa which flowers significantly longer than your typical Indica strains. I state this since the hairs have not darkened significantly which is the usual tell that the flowers are ripening. Once they darken I woild recommend using a 30x or 60x magnifying lense (Jewelry scope) to look at the glandular hairs i.e trichomes. The heads of the hairs should be cloudy white and about 20% amber. The scope is cheap and it is really worth the investment

Hope this helps

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Hey Strracer,
How many days have you been seeing the pistil development?
That looks like it may have several more weeks to me.
Generally in my experience Sativas flower for 9-12 weeks or 63-84 days.
I just finished some supposedly 8 week flowering hybrid, and they ran 74 days (over 10 weeks) before trichombes were milky.
like Waldo said if your going to keep doing this a loupe is a super investment.

sambapati

sambapati

Hi @Strracer75 ,

I am quite new to growing but I can tell that this plant needs a little more time in flowering. It lools like a Sativa which flowers significantly longer than your typical Indica strains. I state this since the hairs have not darkened significantly which is the usual tell that the flowers are ripening. Once they darken I woild recommend using a 30x or 60x magnifying lense (Jewelry scope) to look at the glandular hairs i.e trichomes. The heads of the hairs should be cloudy white and about 20% amber. The scope is cheap and it is really worth the investment

Hope this helps
You might also consider cutting off some of those fan leaves to let the light get to the flowers directly

Wristle

Wristle

Man you already wanting to cut?

I think your biggest problem is going to be patience haha. It's all good. Just chopped my first plant last night and I'd been wanting to do it for weeks. Now I'm thinking I should have gone another week.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, can't have too many loops, I've got one exactly like in the picture (just ordered a few weeks back, but not with the logo) I try to keep a few on hand in case I misplace them, I usually carry one around with me actually, as I"m going blind.

Also, some smartphones do a nice job. Most of them you can "magnify" by pinching the screen inward or outward. I've got a half dozen phones, so they vary, but usually have between 4x and 8x magnification on them.

I've got a nice 51MP microscope coming from China, should be here in the next few weeks.

Looks like another 4-5 weeks from where I'm setting.

Here's my coolest loop, it's antique and several hundred years old, made out of Baleen whale teeth. (I don't carry this one around, as it's very rare)

IMG 20200904 162152
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Look like a thai variety to me.

HeavyKush

HeavyKush

this plant looks like she's in week 3 and looks sativa dominant so it could be a 10 week plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom