Are these ready to harvest?

• Thread starter Strracer75
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Strracer75

Strracer75

Yeah i was wondering what was going on with that one. Can anything be done with it at this point or should i just cut that one down?

HeavyKush

HeavyKush

Yeah i was wondering what was going on with that one. Can anything be done with it at this point or should i just cut that one down?
I would start something else if possible, but in the meantime cut out any infected area you see and monitor. Keep humidity to a minimum no spraying leaves. I never ran into bud rot so that's my best advice.

Cracken

Cracken

That looks like Texada Time warp, the light pinkish in the hairs suggest that to me. I grew that strain for a few years. which does take a long time to finish. basically when you don't see any new hairs forming and 99% of the grown ones have turned brown that is when you need to start checking the trichomes with your jewelers loop and look for at least 95% to be milky white with some turning amber colour. being sativa it will be more uplifting high and energetic. Judging by your pics I am guessing between 6-7 weeks left to go, unless the weather turns cold where you are then the plant might speed up its production and finish in 5 weeks. there are many variables that can effect a finish time. in future grows make a note of when you see hairs starting to form, then you will know better when the finish date should be approximately. this is my buds right now and I have 5 weeks left on mine. oh and later you will start to see your leaves turn yellow which is normal. you plant needs nitrogen and reabsorbed it from the leaves causing them to turn. just pick those leaves off as they are turning brown, to help prevent mould or rot from effecting your buds.

Bud
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, just keep an eye out for any rot, and don't be afraid to look it over really well, if you see any, cut it out so it doesn't spread. Were in the worst part of the season, so keep looking frequently, and closely, until she's done.

If you can, check them in the morning and shake any dew they might accumulate, if that's an issue at all. The early morning times are the worst time for moisture, from about 12 midnight to around 6-8 am, especially in anywhere the temperatures change drastically between day and nights.

When the temps drop, and lot's of humidity's in the air, (it can no longer hold the water) and it sticks to your plants in the form of "dew".

this is the pic of particular concern.

Last edited:
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

A bit blury but it looks like it needs more time, plan to chop by what your trichome is telling you and ignore your pistols, you can get your pistols to turn at end of grow by giveing cold water, you want your trichome all milky with about 25% amber, when you get to that point flush out plant with cold water that will turn your pistols.

Strracer75

Strracer75

You've still got weeks to go.
That looks like Texada Time warp, the light pinkish in the hairs suggest that to me. I grew that strain for a few years. which does take a long time to finish. basically when you don't see any new hairs forming and 99% of the grown ones have turned brown that is when you need to start checking the trichomes with your jewelers loop and look for at least 95% to be milky white with some turning amber colour. being sativa it will be more uplifting high and energetic. Judging by your pics I am guessing between 6-7 weeks left to go, unless the weather turns cold where you are then the plant might speed up its production and finish in 5 weeks. there are many variables that can effect a finish time. in future grows make a note of when you see hairs starting to form, then you will know better when the finish date should be approximately. this is my buds right now and I have 5 weeks left on mine. oh and later you will start to see your leaves turn yellow which is normal. you plant needs nitrogen and reabsorbed it from the leaves causing them to turn. just pick those leaves off as they are turning brown, to help prevent mould or rot from effecting your buds.
Thanks for the info very informative.

Strracer75

Strracer75

This was a plant i disnt even know was growing lol. Hows this one looking?

A1E07736 CA53 493A 8025 2312680ACC26
363413E2 5815 444A 9D03 329D808CAEC1
Pdiesel

Pdiesel

If it looks like you can pop a nug off and smoke it, then it’s ready. I’d wait a while for those. Looks like it tried to reveg

Strracer75

Strracer75

If it looks like you can pop a nug off and smoke it, then it’s ready. I’d wait a while for those. Looks like it tried to reveg
Yeah i was wondering why it looked like it did. So they’ll reveg when their overstressed or something like that?

Pdiesel

Pdiesel

Yeah i was wondering why it looked like it did. So they’ll reveg when their overstressed or something like that?
Nah just got too much day light maybe a few times. Over stress usually will make her put out pre mature and even full pollen.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Man, Just so psyched this plant is plum full of seeds. I screwed up a little and ran her too fast on the lights, but backed off now and it's correcting.
IMG 20201001 205255

IMG 20201001 205311

IMG 20201001 205236
IMG 20201001 205242
IMG 20201001 205311
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Now you're getting closer.

Yea, synthetic conditions really have a lot more factors at play. When I was doing hydro I was having fun when it was going great, but things can turn south fast, but yields are simply phenomenal. I'm around the house all this fall, so I should give it another whirl. I think I've got the soil down well enough I can probably fire that back up soon.

I think I'll do a 4 pot setup here in a bit. See what kind of size is truly possible with the frankenstein genetics. Building a 70 day beast.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here we go, nice and ripe. We could have let this go a bit longer, but was concerned about moisture on this one plant.

IMG 20200929 1658221
IMG 20200929 1726511
IMG 20200929 1658101
IMG 20200929 1717391
Top Bottom