Are these seeds good?

• Thread starter 25hewitt17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChikiPox

ChikiPox

Yes, pretty much. I got a pair of autos.
Intense and Happy high. Regards!

FS7A9785
BigCube

BigCube

Autos are only good if you're growing outdoor In certain circumstances.

Auto just means the plant will flower by itself. It doesn't wait for you to change the light schedual.

This means you get zero control over your veg time or when you flip to flower. Also you wont be able to make clones or keep a mother plant. And they are also prone to be fucky. They herm if you look at them sideways and are easily stunted.

I dont get why people think they are good. Unless you're growing outside with seasons that dont get more than 14 hours of light a day, I dont see why they even exist.

az2000

az2000

I thought autos were good.....they ain't?

Define "good."

If you wanted to get a harvest while waiting for outdoor photosensitives to go into flower in the fall, you could use autos to get a couple harvests while you're waiting. Use them outdoors too. No dependency on the light to change.

If you were short on space indoors (a micro grow), autos are good compared to 12/12 from seed. You get a more bonsai (scaled-down) version of a full-sized plant. That tends to yield better than a 12/12 from seed.

But, in a typical 7' tall tent, autoflowers are a waste of electricity, wear and tear on your lights. A full-size photosensitive would be more economical, larger yield, etc.

Sometimes new growers think autos are better because they're "automatic." The new grower doesn't have to do anything. But, all you have to do is switch the lights to 12/12. How hard is that? That's all autoflower save you from. (But, because they're on a fixed schedule, they don't have the time to recover from typical new-grower mistakes. So, in that sense, they're worse than a photosensitive.).

Some people just like to grow autos. I think they're fun to grow. I like their mini/bonzai appearance.

"Good" means many things to different people.

az2000

az2000

Hey it's my first time so I just feeling out what's good or not I have this others that ain't autos

If that's tin foil, you might want to replace it with white posterboard (Walmart office supply area). I've never used tin foil as a reflector. But, I've heard it creates hot spots that can affect growth. (I think I've seen comparisons saying flat white surfaces reflect more than a midrored surface too.).

BigCube

BigCube

If that's tin foil, you might want to replace it with white posterboard (Walmart office supply area). I've never used tin foil as a reflector. But, I've heard it creates hot spots that can affect growth. (I think I've seen comparisons saying flat white surfaces reflect more than a midrored surface too.).

Yeah, or panda film. Stuff is great. Make entire tents out of the stuff.

20190804 121243

BigCube

BigCube

Those are just 2 screw in grow lights. The tent is tiny 18x18x36 inch. I can link them in Amazon for you if you want.

My main tent uses an x5 cob

20190726 093005

BigCube

BigCube

The 2 screw in lights are here
50W LED Grow Light,Niello Sunlike Full Spectrum Grow Lamp,for Indoor Herb Garden/Office Seedling,Growing,and Fruiting (2PCS Replaceable Bulbs)

The x5 cob is here
X5 COB 1500W LED Grow Light,Sunshine Full Spectrum Grow Light for Greenhouse and Indoor Plant Flowering Growing (White

Latest posts

Top Bottom