• Tagged users None
frebo

frebo

Are these spider mites or fruit flies?
Are these spider mites or fruit flies

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

I second it looks like aphids.
You can spray them off the plants with a medium pressure stream of water, best done in the warmest, driest part of the day. But if there are aphids there are also probably ants "rearing" them for their honeydew that might literally round them up and bring them back. A bit of diatomaceous earth at the base of the stem will keep them away.

But if you've got a pretty severe aphid infestation and more than a week or two until harvest, you might also consider getting some lacewing larvae.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Are these spider mites or fruit flies?View attachment 1174774
Horrible, aphids, better get that under control quick as shit!!

Insecticidal soap kill harmful insects like mites, aphids, thrips, white flies and immature leafhoppers. The fatty acids in the soap dissolve the insects' exoskeleton, causing them to dehydrate. Many gardeners turn to this foamy remedy not only because it's effective, but also because it is more eco-friendly.

AaronS

AaronS

They look like thrips to me. From this picture.

better get that under control quick! This is probably the most common ok for cannabis product for this.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thrips. Kill'em. Kill them all. Make them dead.

🤪

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm not recomending anything because I have no idea what you are growing in, what stage your in, how much you can afford, 🤪 and the rest of those pesky questions.

AaronS

AaronS

I'm not recomending anything because I have no idea what you are growing in, what stage your in, how much you can afford, 🤪 and the rest of those pesky questions.
Thats a good point, if in flower just dont spray the buds with anything. You’ll have to squish the white nymph thrips out by hand. But use the other products on everything else to keep them from sucking the life out of your bush before you chop.

frebo

frebo

I sprayed them mostly from under the leaves avoiding the buds with Organicide as per directions on container. I am 2-1/2 weeks from harvest. I will dust around plants with Neem Seed Meal.

Last edited:
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

chem is right, aphids can occur in many different colors and sizes, green brown and in between. When there is a mature population they will grow wings and fly to different plants. you will be able to notice the honeydew on below buds, honey dew looks like tiny flecks of white the size of a med needle eye and about the same shape and will stick to your buds. they suck sap and poop out honey dew, ants will farm them for the honeydew moving and maintaining populations of aphids. You can commonly see this on sunflowers, if your in flower your only hope is PC1 and predators, if your not in flower use pyrethrum and please start a IPM. you shouldn't have issues like this if you have a proper integrated pest management for the good of you and the good of every grower around start! Thrips and russet mites are a growers problem, one badly managed garden can become a incubator for pests and cause the entire valley to get it.

Chem77

Chem77

I noticed 1 plant with 2 spotted spider mites last week. 1 week into flower and I cut the whole room down, 9 plants to the fire pit. Sprayed and sprayed again today, just took clones off my 3 mothers and to the fire pit they are. No pests allowed in my room and controlling them isn’t an option IMO.
D1A8B3D5 4CB0 4EB2 8693 5863A98016A9
1C1BEFBD B43C 425A B035 9CDCF769DE58

Top Bottom