Are these things fungus gnats ?

• Thread starter benjones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

benjones

Afternoon

I had a yellow sticky on the floor unopened and noticed these things stuck to it , next to the mother plant

Are these gnats and if so how can I get rid of them . Iā€™m 2 weeks into flower in the room next door and would like to try to prevent them getting in there if I can

Thanks
Are these things fungus gnats
Are these things fungus gnats 2

A

Amojado

You are correct. Just finished a grow plagued by them. Would love to hear how other people treat them. I started with contaminated soil, but probably waited to long to properly fight back.

steamroller

steamroller

Yea they look like fungus gnats or possibly thrips.
Mosquito bits for the fungus gnats or Spinosad for the thrips.
Both are pretty safe to use.
You need to complete successful treatment quickly as in flower most treatments are out IMO.
You are still early so good luck.

B

benjones

@steamroller and @smokedareefer thanks for the advice.

i am in thailand so i'm unsure if i can get them products , but i'll have a look .

will ladybirds eat them ?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

@steamroller and @smokedareefer thanks for the advice.

i am in thailand so i'm unsure if i can get them products , but i'll have a look .

will ladybirds eat them ?
Do a search here on the forum for Microbial Lift for moreinformation.

Im in water (rdwc)

m8ty

m8ty

Cover the pots with a thick layer of perlite over the soil after watering with mosquito dunk treated water. Also are you over watering or is it just the start of gnat season?

B

benjones

Cover the pots with a thick layer of perlite over the soil after watering with mosquito dunk treated water. Also are you over watering or is it just the start of gnat season?
just the start of an infestation. the thing is they are in the mother room where the plants are let to dry out more than the grow room as i sometimes forget to water them , but never to the point where they are droopy

B

benjones

thanks @Stonemason7767

i shall see if i can find a supplier for nematodes . i couldn't find any mosquito bits or microbial lift

steamroller

steamroller

My understanding is that may ONLY work on caterpillars.

S

Skunk_dog

Ace, Depot, Lowes will all have bits or dunks...pretty easy to come by.

S

Skunk_dog

Oh sorry, swing and a miss!...spoiled ass american here..sorry friend. BTi is the ticket as stated above.

Latest posts

Top Bottom