Are these what I think they are?

• Thread starter longjonlebon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
well, you would have to really search and find every one or it would ruin it all with seeds. i see several boy parts all over the plant/plants in those pics.

longjonlebon

longjonlebon

Well, it’s just going to have to be a they from here on in!

...although I’m snipping thos balls right off!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Well, it’s just going to have to be a they from here on in!

...although I’m snipping thos balls right off!
worse case if you miss some and it pollinated,
the male pollen floating around will die off within 3-4 days on its own.. so won’t harm your next grow..

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yeah, they haven’t been the smoothest grow.

so in theory can I just pull these balls off and everything will be fine?
Define fine. Do you want seeds?

Now that I am looking at your new pics on a big screen, they do look stressed. Thats the gamble with fem seeds - they hermie under stress. It was stress that caused the fem seeds in the first place, and I've read that trait of flipping under stress becomes part of the DNA in the resulting seeds. I'm not a breeding expert, just a reading one. I'm only now for my first time making fem seeds.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
how many have hermied? just the one? the other two are ok? if so, you might not want to take a chance messing up the other two by keeping the one that apparently has issues with you!

btw, the hermie-ing is most likely your fault, not the seed co. however, they might be responsible in the end due to bad genetics, but it started as a girl, id bet.

Last edited:
longjonlebon

longjonlebon

Oh wow, awesome info man. I guess I’ve done this somehow then! Glad I didn’t name a seed bank up there!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Define fine. Do you want seeds?

Now that I am looking at your new pics on a big screen, they do look stressed. Thats the gamble with fem seeds - they hermie under stress. It was stress that caused the fem seeds in the first place, and I've read that trait of flipping under stress becomes part of the DNA in the resulting seeds. I'm not a breeding expert, just a reading one. I'm only now for my first time making fem seeds.
regs to will hermie, get good genetics!
you pay for what you get!

longjonlebon

longjonlebon

Yeah, Broom Hilda (and they are now known) is going to compost.

thanks for all the help guys!!

longjonlebon

longjonlebon

Where do people advice getting good genetics? I tend to do autos as a beginner, but also like a harvest every month:

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Where do people advice getting good genetics? I tend to do autos as a beginner, but also like a harvest every month:
well., that’s a loaded question., i’m not answering.
there’s 1000’s of breeders,
that some actually put in the time and effort to create
great, strong, resistant.. etc strains.,
as you grow and try different breeders and get experienced you’ll see the difference pretty easily.,
but for the most part it’s giving the plants what they need to stay healthy and growing with proper environment will get you success with all seeds..

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
these guys would know, they use a bunch of different ones. are you in the us? look in the "store" here, you might find something, then if you have an issue the people here can probably help you out with things.

i have just started, i used MSNL and am happy so far (been 3 whole weeks and i havent killed them yet). i picked them because they seem to be in most lists of "reputable" ones, the site is easy to use, and i like the info they provide... but mostly, i used a female non logic logic to really decide, i figured that the netherlands has been into pot for a very long time! when i was there last century i smoked some in amsterdam, and was pleased. lol.

the other thing to note, i am also growing 4 bag seed, and they are doing great... so, maybe it is just a weed and grows unless you make it mad! treat it like a lady (one that thinks shes a queen and demands constant attention) and all will be... well, it will be "fine"

longjonlebon

longjonlebon

Thanks man. I’m on grow 4 now and heave learnt from all of them. Thought I finally had my system sorted and then increased the scale. I think maybe there wasn’t enough air in my dwc system on this one.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

I've only grown equipment from Growers choice, crop king and ilgm. Haven't completed ilgm yet but growers choice is my go to for now. Is it any of these banks?

longjonlebon

longjonlebon

Oh no, these seeds came form a Spanish seed bank. I’m going to wait for the rest to finish before casting judgement. I’m no expert at this yet.

longjonlebon

longjonlebon

Although I was very pleased this this one recently
06CF13AC C858 4A21 85FA 3B55BD3ABD4C

Latest posts

Top Bottom