Are they almost done? (StarDawg Guava Cut)

• Thread starter Learning247
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Learning247

Hello everyone,

I have been reading up a lot on THC Farmer and thought I would post a question here and say HI, so HI :)

I was hoping to hear from someone that might have grown this strain. They are in the middle of their 9th week of flowering, that's 9 weeks of 12/12. I ran into some phosphorus deficiency, I didn't want to over feed them so I took it a little too easy.

Anyway, based on the pictures below of the plants and their trichomes, how much longer do you think I should wait? Or should I harvest soon?

Are they almost done stardawg guava cut
Are they almost done stardawg guava cut 2
Are they almost done stardawg guava cut 3
Are they almost done stardawg guava cut 4
Are they almost done stardawg guava cut 5
Are they almost done stardawg guava cut 6
Are they almost done stardawg guava cut 7
Trich2

Thanks,
Learning247

symbiote420

symbiote420

Looking good, the trichs still look a li'l on the clear side to me. I haven't ran this particular cut of Stardawg but I've ran Stardawg plenty of times and just finished some f2s, it seems like you still have 7 to 10 more days to go!

I usually pulled mine between 63 - 75 days

L

Learning247

Thanks for the reply symbiote420, I will check out the trich's over the weekend and see what they look like. Out of curiosity, how many days do you or anyone else for that matter flush for in hydro?

Thanks,
Learning247

symbiote420

symbiote420

I'm not a "dro" guy, but most of the peeps I know who do flush them with either straight water, Clearex, or something of that sort in the last week before harvesting.

sedate

sedate

Thanks for the reply symbiote420, I will check out the trich's over the weekend and see what they look like. Out of curiosity, how many days do you or anyone else for that matter flush for in hydro?

Thanks,
Learning247

When I was in DWC I'd dump the rez and replace with plain water four days out. Not a week - all my leaves would be toasty on the ground by then. Makes it real hard to trim when leaves die out into the colas.

What sort of light do you have? How high is it above the canopy? Your plants and foliage look healthy overall but cola structure looks smallish for 9 1/2 weeks...

Tnelz

Tnelz

U still got some time bro. Never grew her she looks fantastic bro. But those trichs a pretty clear. I'd agree with everyone above. 7 to 10 days. If u haven't started flushing I would. Use to grow dwc and my vote is plain water last few days. In any case good luck bro and good job.

Tmb

L

Learning247

When I was in DWC I'd dump the rez and replace with plain water four days out. Not a week - all my leaves would be toasty on the ground by then. Makes it real hard to trim when leaves die out into the colas.

What sort of light do you have? How high is it above the canopy? Your plants and foliage look healthy overall but cola structure looks smallish for 9 1/2 weeks...

What sort of light do you have? - 1 Gavita Pro 600 watt & 1 LEP 300W = 900Watts

How high is it above the canopy? - ~2'3" I had it lower, however during veg the outer area of the plants where growing faster and I did a little reading and I believe, the article claimed to raise my type of lights.

Your plants and foliage look healthy overall but cola structure looks smallish for 9 1/2 weeks... - Your probably right, however this is the first time I am growing this strain so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Any suggestions/comments are welcomed.

Thanks,
Learning247

L

Learning247

U still got some time bro. Never grew her she looks fantastic bro. But those trichs a pretty clear. I'd agree with everyone above. 7 to 10 days. If u haven't started flushing I would. Use to grow dwc and my vote is plain water last few days. In any case good luck bro and good job.

Tmb

Thank brotha, out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, why did you quit DWC?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thank brotha, out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, why did you quit DWC?
Just really wasn't my thing. At the time I was also in soil growing organically and liked my finished product better in the soil. I have since moved through a couple other mediums and have settled on Coco and Coco hempy buckets. Coco seems to give the best of both worlds imo. Nothing bad to say about dwc found it enjoyable enough but in the end it was to much upkeep. Lol.

sedate

sedate

What sort of light do you have? - 1 Gavita Pro 600 watt & 1 LEP 300W = 900Watts

How high is it above the canopy? - ~2'3" I had it lower, however during veg the outer area of the plants where growing faster and I did a little reading and I believe, the article claimed to raise my type of lights.

Your plants and foliage look healthy overall but cola structure looks smallish for 9 1/2 weeks... - Your probably right, however this is the first time I am growing this strain so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Any suggestions/comments are welcomed.

Thanks,
Learning247

Uhh. You should drop that light quite a bit. 27 inches is a lot. You'd be done with your run and have twice the bud on those plants if you were - say - 8 inches off the canopy. Definately close that gap.

Here, have a read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-square_law

I quit DWC because I starting getting root rot over and over - never figured out 100% why. But I was losing so much money and business I had no choice.

Top Bottom