Are Vortex fans as quiet as they claim?

• Thread starter Liberanos5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Liberanos5

Any owners of vortex duct blowers please advise ............are they a big bang for the buck. I really want QUIET~~~~!!
Cordially,
Pablito

Green Giant

Green Giant

I run a 6" and its not whisper quite, but it is quieter than some others I tried.. It is much quieter with the exhaust tube on than off.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

if you want quiet go for a Soler & Palau mixed flow fan. costs just a little more and are the quietest fan i have encountered.

http://www.solerpalau-usa.com/res_mff.html

i have used a couple of the ones (TD-200) on the left. looks like they have a new silent model too but no exp. with those.

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Vortex blowers are very nice... I use a 6" and all you can hear is the sound of air rushing through the ducting... Also comes with a ten year warranty... Mines been running for a good 5 years strait.... 24 hours a day 7 days a week and have had zero probs yet... Highly recomended.... ~ODB~

J

Jalisco Kid

I have bigger ones but over 7 years running 7/24. I had to return one, the guy at the store laughed at me when I told him it was over 5 years old. He did not know about the 10 year warranty. I smiled as I left with my new fan. Most I am sure will not be around doing this in 10 years but it is nice to have that warranty. If you need something quite buy baffles no matter whose you buy. JK

treebark1950

treebark1950

I always felt as if my vortex and can fan ho were both loud. I now run all Max Fans and I feel like they are quiter. Their 6" model has a built in speed control with a 1,2,3 setting...

I've had both my Vortex's and my Can Fan HO's for at least 5 years running strong still!

L

Liberanos5

Please forgive this question as I'm sure it's been asked and answered 900 times :rolleyes: but what is the rule of thumb for air exchange rate....my space is roughly 450 cubic feet? Thank you! I am not totally sealed up yet as construction is ongoing. My tallest sedling is about 10" phenotypes all unknown.....don't care.....one thing is already painfully obvious though.....none seem to be sativas. C'est la vie....
Peace,
Pablito

Latest posts

Top Bottom