Are We There Yet?

• Thread starter AnselAdams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
They look great to me, but it is hard, at least for me, to judge anything by looking at photos. My main signs on the Sativa's is an obvious slowdown of newer growth, and a slight color change on the leaves on the buds. The leaves usually start to lose chlorophyll, which is what gives some strains their purple traits. Once these leaves start to look "different" and things sort of feel greasy. Its hard to describe, but the largest buds feel cool, greasy, and hefty. These are some of the general signs that I rely upon.
Some people don't like to let the plants go as far as losing some of their color, which is fine as well. The difference between the two is about a week. FWIW, the info I spoke of is primarily regarding Sativa or Sativa dominant hybrids. Indica is a little different from my experience. They don't always change colors as much, in which case I look at the ends of the larger buds/colas. When finished, they seem like they start to get skinnier and the leaves can get distorted on bud tips. There is also the trichome amber/cloudy method, which might be better for Indica strains.

Thank You.

All of the physical indicators you spoke about are evident. I am hoping that the trichome photos are good enough to go by or i will have to take some more. I think i am close but don't want to "pop" too early. From what i can tell i have some cloudy and amber tricomes and lots have just turned brown and curled up.

Madmax

Madmax

when i see bout 15-20% amber i will chop.i dont go anymore than that...dont forget some parts of the plant will mature earlier than others..when i never had a jewellers loupe id go till i seen bout 75 % of the pistills are brown..you could even take off a bud dry it and see what you think...

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
when i see bout 15-20% amber i will chop.i dont go anymore than that...dont forget some parts of the plant will mature earlier than others..when i never had a jewellers loupe id go till i seen bout 75 % of the pistills are brown..you could even take off a bud dry it and see what you think...

Thanks.

Then today is the day of truth... End of week 12. Now we wait one week before trimming and placing in the CV vaults with 62% Humidity packets for one month. (like a cook i'm going to have to "check the flavor" as it progresses) :cool:

Temp is 75 degrees in cabinet.
Having a hard time with the wild humidity changes. I decided to leave the tub & fans running to maintain humidity around 40-45 percent.
T-5's and LED's are off.

Have i forgotten anything?

20190310 163931
20190310 164006
20190310 164230
20190310 164246
20190310 164303
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Thanks.

Then today is the day of truth... End of week 12. Now we wait one week before trimming and placing in the CV vaults with 62% Humidity packets for one month. (like a cook i'm going to have to "check the flavor" as it progresses) :cool:

Temp is 75 degrees in cabinet.
Having a hard time with the wild humidity changes. I decided to leave the tub & fans running to maintain humidity around 40-45 percent.
T-5's and LED's are off.

Have i forgotten anything?

Root ball from largest plant was just under 7 lbs (no water dripping).

I am not sure how much i expected as a final product, but i am happy as shit to just make it to harvest.

The plant produced just under 3/4 lb of which about half were cola buds. From the other two plants i took down another 1/2 lb. All has now been dried for 6 days and is now stored in stainless steel CV vaults each with 2 60 gr bovada packets. Will report back the final dried/cured weight.

So far, the popcorn that has dried/cured a week; smokes smooth with a nice taste and zero harshness. Buzz is heady but nothing to write home about; it certainly hints at lots of good stuff to come. The smell of the cured weed has not begun to mature.

Thank You everyone for all of your help getting this grow to HARVEST!!!!!

Let's Do It Again!!! 2nd Hydro Grow

20190322 192800
20190322 192735
20190322 192720
Top Bottom