Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
A friend and I were debating the topic, I mentioned im getting mine tomorrow and he goes nuts ( ok not nuts ) but he goes on a rant about how its a conspiracy either by the government or big pharm, Then claims the flu shots going to make me sick ( side effects ) not directly giving me the flu.. Just typical myths and the like..

Last year i got hit with the flu twice so this year id prefer to avoid it...

Curious everyone else plan if you'r getting one or not?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Ive never had issues with them in the past , hope that holds out... the most i get is a sore arm for a day or two..

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

I have no issues with vaccines and actually think they are one of the greatest modern medical breakthroughs. With that said, I've never seen the flu as a great enough threat to warrant the hassle. It would such getting laid low by it, but it's not happened yet. Vaccines are not a conspiracy and anyone who says so needs to get a firmer grip on reality. The flu vaccine does not confer total immunity, as the virus is constantly mutating, but it give immunity to the most currently common strains.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

It's not the answer for me. Conspiracys aside... Healthy living is far more important. Your body kills cancer multiple times a day, fact. I get a cough once a year for a day or so for the last 10 years. No pills, no shots, no doc visits. Just healthy lifestyle, natural remedies. Everything people need to be healthy was here before pharmacys and hospitals.

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

It's not the answer for me. Conspiracys aside... Healthy living is far more important. Your body kills cancer multiple times a day, fact. I get a cough once a year for a day or so for the last 10 years. No pills, no shots, no doc visits. Just healthy lifestyle, natural remedies. Everything people need to be healthy was here before pharmacys and hospitals.
Same shitzel different bowl here too.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I would say its worth the effort to get the shot, But the products like tamiflu RX medication that only shaves off 1-2 days of the flu is a waste of time and money..

Normally i don't get one and i just suffer but this year im gonna be on that side of town so i said hell with it might as well.. Not gonna hurt well it might hurt a little ;)

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

I agree, healthy living should be a priority, but not everyone is born with the same level of immunity and so vaccines to commonly illnesses like the flu remain a good option for those people. Even just lack of proper care during critical developmental years, such as insufficient breastfeeding, can make a big difference in adult immune system responses. No amount of healthy living can undo that unfortunately. If @LittleDabbie is predisposed to getting the flu, then the shot is probably a good idea.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

We get ours at costco,like 20 bucks.I had a convo with the pharmacist last year and he dispelled quite a few myths about it,im not sure if it works but i havent had the flu since i started getting it so thats good.
I asked my doctor who is big on MJ and not pharma's and she said ''YES,get the flu shot!''Both the pharmacist and my DR laughed at me when i asked them if it could give me the flu!
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/flushot.htm

Last edited:
DragonKilla

DragonKilla

I think this puts the value of vaccines into perspective.

C6fb5feb7f1ee71b7e725277d30999161

jammie

jammie

My job requires it but I would get one regardless. Anything that boost and strengthens my immune system is a good thing. If your over fifty definitely get the shingles vaccine. I work in an emergency dept so trust me- ya don't want shingles

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

I don't get them, because the only times in my adult life that I've gotten them, I ended up sick because of the damn shot!

Been years without it, don't see that changing anytime soon.

Things like that effect everyone differently, if it works for you, then that's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom