• Unsure But Thinking About It!!

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
TortureKill

TortureKill

Dabbi I would recommend looking into what is actually in these vaccines before getting it. I personally will never get vaccinated, or have my seed injected with these poisons. Thimerosal (mercury) , Aluminum salts, Formaldehyde..? No thank u.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Last time my family was very sick was during the swine flu outbreak. We were all vaccinated and we all were debilitated by that swine flu. It was the worst sickness I have ever had. I just kinda laid in a slump for a week and puked all over myself, in and out of conciousness.. I have never been so sick in my life.

putembk

putembk

As you get older your body becomes immune or used to certain bacteria. I haven't had a flu shot or the flu in so long I can't remember. Besides I am afraid of needles. I could never be a junkie or needle freak. Whenever I see a needle penetrate skin my ass puckers up so tight you couldn't drive a 10 penny nail up it with a sledge hammer. Enough said!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A friend and I were debating the topic, I mentioned im getting mine tomorrow and he goes nuts ( ok not nuts ) but he goes on a rant about how its a conspiracy either by the government or big pharm, Then claims the flu shots going to make me sick ( side effects ) not directly giving me the flu.. Just typical myths and the like..

Last year i got hit with the flu twice so this year id prefer to avoid it...

Curious everyone else plan if you'r getting one or not?
I'm not in an at-risk population, but I may if I were.

I wonder, who here remembers the Spanish flu pandemic of '18? Killed the young, healthy people, very quickly. I'm sure they'd have liked to see nutrition make them well. That was less than 100 years ago, and we're setting ourselves up for another pandemic, IMO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

I think this puts the value of vaccines into perspective.

View attachment 441655
Of course, you know why we're seeing a resurgence in these perfectly preventable diseases, too, right? Folks who eschew vaccines as part of a larger conspiracy (and who do not recall rather recent history).
My job requires it but I would get one regardless. Anything that boost and strengthens my immune system is a good thing. If your over fifty definitely get the shingles vaccine. I work in an emergency dept so trust me- ya don't want shingles
I've been thinking about that. I still remember when I had chicken pox when I was small and I remember when my son had shingles when he was young, poor thing. I do use lysine when I pop cold sores, but there's only so much that can do for boosting immune system response.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
The human body we will never figure it out.
I have taken charge, do not trust so called health care. Prevention thru nutrition, on and on chickenman preaches.....
I may be right... I may be wrong...
All I do know is the effort we put into growing, preparing and consuming real food for us is well worth it.
First of all it's a passion. The hard work after awhile becomes routine and easy.
Whatever. If you sit at our table we will enjoy awesome food, cant go too wrong with that.....Its all about love........

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think you don't trust what you don't understand. I was brought up with it from two sides of the equation (that dietitian I've mentioned previously, and from the doctor's POV) and understand well enough to not be frightened. I know that nutrition plays a vital role, and I know that it can only do so much. I also do my best to look to history so we don't repeat mistakes.

Trich king

Trich king

the whole vaccine thing kills me, all the other parents are so worried if your child doesn't get vaccinated but if your so confident in the vaccine you should have no worries that my child is not vaccinated.(my children are just kills me how people will only perceive one side of things and not give any consideration to both sides of an argument!)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What? How about those kids who can't get vaccines? I mean, honestly, do you think it's cool that we're seeing a resurgence in diseases like whooping cough that were practically eradicated, diseases that kill? Do you think it'd be cool to go back to the days of 1 in 4 kids dying before the age of 5, or some shit like that? Only a little more than 100 years ago, at that.

Sorry man, but this sort of thinking is absolutely maddening to me. It holds no basis in fact, and I say that as the mother of an autistic child who still thinks death is a worse fate than autism. That's giving consideration to both sides of the argument.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
The human body we will never figure it out.
Doctors only practice medicine, they do not have all the answers by any means nor do they fully understand how things work.
Call me greedy let the rest do what they may, I will eat the very best food I can each and every meal as a celebration of life regardless of whether it works or not....

putembk

putembk

While my daughter was growing up she got all her shots. I would do the same today. She had not built up any resistance yet and is all around germs that others bring into all parts of life. Germs are on everything....play ground equipment, shopping carts, your cell phone, the key board I am typing on exc..... I am a germ-a -phobic. I wash my hands at least 20 times a day. When I go out to eat I sanitize silverware and the table I am sitting at. Plus the fact that I am pretty much a loaner now days and don't come into contact with peeps near as much as when I was in the work force.
One final thought on germs.....public bathrooms are filthy!! How many of you go to the bathroom, wash your hands and touch the door handle leaving the room.....WRONG!!...you just transfered all the germs that peeps who pissed on their hands, didn't wash them and left them on the door handle. I always use a paper towel when touching anything in a public toilet.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Dabbi I would recommend looking into what is actually in these vaccines before getting it. I personally will never get vaccinated, or have my seed injected with these poisons. Thimerosal (mercury) , Aluminum salts, Formaldehyde..? No thank u.

Im a former smoker.. Ive put far worse substances in my body :D

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
For what its worth i got mine a few hours ago.. Feel fine.. Arm where i got stuck is a little sore but thats expected.. I'll let ya'll know if i fall ill in the next 48 hours :P But i don't expect anything to happen lol

frebo

frebo

I remember being sick a little bit from a shot years ago, but my wife teaches school and brings home some bad stuff so I get it every year. I got mine for free(Medicare) at Fred Meyer Pharmacy and yes my shoulder is a little sore after three days. I haven't been sick for years.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah my shoulders really starting to hurt now that pain came on full about 4 hours after i got the shot.. Sucks i went to scratch the spot and pressed to hard lol Im such a baby i know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom