Are You Ready For The Ultimate Light?

• Thread starter CAPO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CAPO

It seems once again, technology and invention have struck lightning!

Introducing.....Sulfur Plasma!

With the waning excitement over LED's barely leaving our thoughts a new technology has emerged. A British/German company called, Plasma International, has released their research models and plan to bring to market in 1-2 years.

They are supposed to have half of the infrared heat per watt as metal halide or sodium. They also claim to be completely full spectrum, but they can also tweak the spectrum output to suit certain applications.

Check them out: www.plasma-i.com/

See also: www.urbangardenermagazine.com/

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
They are being used in street lights to cut power.

M

Malachi

I wonder what the price point is going to be on these. They seem way more efficient then LED's and look like they do a good job at replicating the sun.

C

CAPO

According to Urban Garden magazine the research models are going for $3,500 per.

I really hope the price comes down upon the official release. The life on these lights are supposed to be 100,000 hours.

Check it out they have an exclusive article in the new Urban Gardener Magazine. Look for the issue with the purple glow entitled, "A new Dawn".

www.urbangardenermagazine.com/

P

pure arghan

are they starting gto use them?

They are being used in street lights to cut power.

are they startting to use these lights for street lightting or is it the street lights they'v been useing for years? if it is the old lights i will try one out as i work with these from time to time as im a spark :very_first_smiley:

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Deja vu - i am pretty sure exact same story was posted last year and possibly the year before. They may be in reach some time to some people, but to me seems like the monty python and holy grail scene where the dude never gets any closer. Or maybe is my stoned psychic powers acting up again...

S

SSHZ

These were written up in High Times many years ago (picture was on the front cover)........... who can afford to spend $3K+ on a single light ???

N

noone88

These were written up in High Times many years ago (picture was on the front cover)........... who can afford to spend $3K+ on a single light ???

Growers will try anything once heh

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Wish they could be in the right spectrum. Some of these that I have looked into do not have the right spectrum of light.

R

Rosemary Jane

That's awesome! What a great new light! I love how the times have changed, my parents had to ghetto rig lights and shit to grow 50 yrs ago and we have these amazing lights that speed up the process! Its great

squarepusher

squarepusher

heard these get hellllllluv hot. like, blows away HPS 1000w heatwise.

C

CAPO

Deja vu - i am pretty sure exact same story was posted last year and possibly the year before. They may be in reach some time to some people, but to me seems like the monty python and holy grail scene where the dude never gets any closer. Or maybe is my stoned psychic powers acting up again...

haha...me too Jaybee...isn't the first time somebody's announced the sulfur plasma. Hope this time they come through. Testers at a price is definitely a statement on it's own. Time will tell if they are really holding the cards this time or blowing more smoke. There is obviously more than one company and more than one type of plasma grow light.

What lights will our grandkids be growing with indoors?

Despite an obviously growing market, the new grow lighting industry has failed to solve the need for greater efficiency and less heat for a reasonable cost. I feel with company's racing to improve their technologies and production costs, answers may soon be on the horizon. I can only hope, as anyone can, that our dilemma will change for the better soon.

S

satyr

I have followed a couple of grows with SP lamps. Sannie has used them a couple of times, and there is 2 threads on his site. One growing KO kush seeds and another with his Sannies Jack.
I think they are working on the spectrum for flowering. The PA is very good for vegging, but needs the last tweaking on flowering.
I have had the opportunity to buy one for around 1000 Euro for a 180watt unit, but I am waiting a bit longer to be sure its better or more efficient powerwise than HPS

B

bastard_x

are they startting to use these lights for street lightting or is it the street lights they'v been useing for years? if it is the old lights i will try one out as i work with these from time to time as im a spark :very_first_smiley:

street lights are mostly mercury vapor. and they are no good for growing, same as halogen. wrong spectrum output.

Latest posts

Top Bottom