Are you supposed to trim auto-flowers or not?

• Thread starter Growth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growth

I've seen videos where people say they don' trim auto-flowers because of the stress, but then I've seen others do it.

Is there a best way?

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I've seen videos where people say they don' trim auto-flowers because of the stress, but then I've seen others do it.

Is there a best way?
the best way is whatever way works for you , i grow autos and if they need it i do defoliate if they dont need just leave it alone , what works for some may not work for you and vice versa there really no 1 best way to do it

Redneckx

Redneckx

the best way is whatever way works for you , i grow autos and if they need it i do defoliate if they dont need just leave it alone , what works for some may not work for you and vice versa there really no 1 best way to do it
He's right.
I did heavy deflorations, lollipopping, super cropping and lst during flower & late flower on autos and they didn't herm not even a seed.
But the heavy defloration probably took potential of the plant. I do not recommend any of those techniques if the plant is not healthy or for newbies(like me) if they can't detect males or take the risk to get them. It's all about trying different growing styles and techniques imo. I want to do all at least once wheater people say it's bro science, not effective, recommended or whatever. Just have fun 😝

G

Growth

That's the thing. There's always a BEST way. It's just nobody knows yet.

There is an EXACT perfect science to growing it's just we don't know it yet lol. In a few years it will be a step by step perfect system as grow farms and botanists learn the best methods.

G

Growth

He's right.
I did heavy deflorations, lollipopping, super cropping and lst during flower & late flower on autos and they didn't herm not even a seed.
But the heavy defloration probably took potential of the plant. I do not recommend any of those techniques if the plant is not healthy or for newbies(like me) if they can't detect males or take the risk to get them. It's all about trying different growing styles and techniques imo. I want to do all at least once wheater people say it's bro science, not effective, recommended or whatever. Just have fun 😝
I'm a perfect science type of guy. I know somewhere out there people are studying the exact best medium, trimming methods, LST method, light amounts, etc. Soon growing will be like a cooking recipe and I can' wait until then, I hate screwing up plants because I listen to someone that was wrong or using a less than optimal method.

quirk

quirk

Very light strategic removals. Auto BlueBerry Domina light trim Day 39. Before and after.

B4 defo day 39
Naked
Newty

Newty

That's the thing. There's always a BEST way. It's just nobody knows yet.

There is an EXACT perfect science to growing it's just we don't know it yet lol. In a few years it will be a step by step perfect system as grow farms and botanists learn the best methods.
There's tons of different strains, crosses, etc and more are being created everyday and some requirements are vastly different then others so there will never be an all around perfect system as much as we want there to be.

Kind of like the human body, some medications, therapies, etc work for some people but not for all because biology, genetics, etc are not the same person to person. Scientists still have not perfected the human recipe.

We can hope, dream, and try to contribute to the success of it though!

Redneckx

Redneckx

Very light strategic removals. Auto BlueBerry Domina light trim Day 39. Before and after.
Doesn't seem light to me...kinda heavy, like I did once...learned my lesson and won't do it again on my Auto's. The more leaves the better the outcome.
Nice coated autopots, can the pot still breathe, and what did you used for it?

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

im with redneck
Doesn't seem light to me...kinda heavy, like I did once...learned my lesson and won't do it again on my Auto's. The more leaves the better the outcome.
Nice coated autopots, can the pot still breathe, and what did you used for it?

Newty

Newty

When I look at the picture before defoliation, it doesn't look to bad and maybe a few leaves here and there can be removed. After defoliation, it looks like a lot of leaves were taken off for the size of plant you have.

Did you defoliate in your tent/grow space or did you remove the plant to do it?

I personally keep my plants in my tent when I remove leaves. I do this because I move leaves out of the way by hand before actually cutting them and see what the effect of that leaf being removed will be in the light, this way I only remove what's going to be beneficial.

Top Bottom