Area 51 outdoor

• Thread starter fudd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fudd

Hey Guys,
I have been watchin and learnin for a while now and ust decided it was time to share my project with you.
A lil background. I am a novice i would say. Last time I grew was in 06, not legally, and got busted about 2 weeks from harvesting 5 incredible Kush I had in a box in my shed. Was about 2.5'x3.5'x5' and I ran 2 100 HPS (they were actually street lights I came across. I built a hood, connected to an A/C,etc. Everything was beautiful till there was a feud with the neighbor and the cops were knockin soon after.
Fast forward, all the legal nightmare is over (they tried to give me 18 months for those 5 plants, got prop 36 and completed, charges dropped). Legal now, under a doctors care, have my own house, only a couple of neighbors, and a couple of acres around me so outdoor I go. Gotta get familiar with the posting ins and outs but I am planning on bringin yall on the journey with me.
The babies are about a month old but have had a hard month. I may have started a lil early and the weather has been a bear. The ones that have made it through are doing nicer now. Maybe Mom Nature will kick back a little and let my girls grow. 2 Wonder Babies ( I wonder what they are I have had those 2 seeds for a few years, If I am lucky they might be the Kush from 06. It was Incredible smoke, my buddy was getting it from the grower), 1 Hogsbreath that my cousin grew last season, and the rest are Trainwreck I got from my son. He's been into growing for about a year and like most of us I think, has the "bug",toughts consumed with cannabis, is creative as heck, really intelligent interested like nothing I have ever seen, and is pretty successful too.
Will be back with more about my grow at Area 51 soon.
Fudd

F

fudd

Uploading pix

Trying to get some pix on here. gotta mess with the resolution to get file size down.h Since I haven't decided on a permanent arrangement yet the babies ride in the stroller and chase the sun/dodge gale force winds for now. The 5 pots to the left are Fem'd Trainwreck according to fudd jr. The square pot it the Hog, above and below Hog are the Wonder Babies (one of which is growing 3 branches at a node got a pic of her[hopefully her] coming in a minute) and I came across a couple of Purp Power seeds in a sack from a dispensary so I sowed them too. Would love any feedback.

HappySmokin
fudd

4wks 2
F

fudd

Fav Wonder Baby Centerfold

She (i hope its she) makes me happy. Both of the pix are at about 4 weeks from sprouting into sunshine.

Wonder1
F

fudd

TW info

Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone can help me plan for what to expect out of Trainwreck. I am going to somehow keep these things low to the ground- thinkin of screenin them at around 2'. There are about 100 days till mid Sept, lots of growth ahead. I will be selecting 6 of them to grow through maturity outdoors with me (max I can legally), and send the rest to an indoor environment where they will be loved and cloned. I have bent plants before and had fun and good results, never used a screen.
RE: Screen
I have 1" golf practice net material; 2" mesh net from home d ; a crap load of chicken wire, 1 and 2 inch; (concerned about metal wire vs. plant flesh in a windstorm; always windy here)

I am not sure what to expect from my unknows but they look Indica by the fat ass leaves so I am not worried about those. The square pot is a Hog (to the best of my knowledge I was told it was Hog I found the seed in but who really knows)---what should I expect?

I have a raised bed I built about a month ago.
3.5x7.5 facing N->S Creosote to the E about 6' tall,, Pine trees W (about 25' away) probably 30'. I get diffused light from sunrise till about 7 am then direct untill about 1pm-->diffused again till about 4--> then just whatever is left till sunset. Desert-->flat--> long sunsets.

I dug down in the clay about 16" below grade, removed rocks, etc, added sand, mulch from my pile of shredded tree branches, lawn trimmings and nice black soil which was around. (previous owners of this house built it in 78 and were awesome, total dream for us, one ex: 220v 100amp already in the garage, he had a machine shop!) anyway back to soil. added bags of Miracle grow soil on sale for 2 cu. ft./5 bucks at home d. Lots of back ache and mixing, water, let settle, mix, water, settle, now I have about 40 cu. ft. of nice soil.

Need to check pH--no experience in adjusting pH in soil at all.
Irrigation possibilities are endless. got H2O there but pH is around 7.8 out of the pipe (tested yesterday with pool test kit) Sparklets was about 6.8 (could use this)

Nutes- Cousin uses FFGB, Tiger Bloom etc. Swears by it.
Another thing...I read somewhere here about putting a whole fish in the ground beneath your plant... I did this with Oleander; one side of the yard got fish, the other didn't, fish side nearly twice as big first year. Thinkin of planting a few fish now in the raised bed, let start decomp'n.

I am all about saving money all the time, I have skills and tools and abunch of fellow's like me so I am sure this will be fun.

All Input is Appreciated!
~fudd

F

fudd

So it has been about 5 days since I transplanted and watered. Pots are light now, leaves are kinda cupped tellin me they are thirsty (at least thats what my other trees do) gonna give em some drink tonight and maybe a lil 8-5-5 I have around, Haven decided on a nute regiment yet. Area 51 is almost ready. Got the irrigation moved and stubbed up (mostly for drip for the rest of the yard but had to move plumbing no matter), gonna mix in a lil bone meal with the soil this turn.
I think I am gonna bend em low and drive em around to spread em out, once I get em spread out or come august, whichever comes first, I am thinkin of sreening em with a 2" nylon mesh net and pulling all growth under for a couple of weeks then fall equinox should only be around the corner.
I have never tried outdoor. I am pretty secure knowing they will be safe from boogy men. Almost invisible from every angle of my property, a couple of steps from my back door and a couple of dogs with excellent hearing ought be a good start. Add in a Louisville slugger and a motion detector on my flood light and I pitty da fool. Plus I am always home. Fortunate to be a stay at home husband/father/student right now.
My goal or at least vision, is a 3x6 foot sea of green sexy hairy chicks. I wanna keep em low so the wife is lil more comfortable, plus I wanna see it damn it.
Mostly have fun, learn and smoke some free pot this winter!
Already success in the first 2!
Peace and HappySmokin
fudd

F

fudd Jr.

Dan those Train Wreck are looking good! So are all the babies, I'll have to get you some more seeds!

F

fudd

Update 6/3

So the babies got some drink last night, leaves were starting to droop. Woke up to a bunch of perky lil gals. It has been about a week since transplant and everyone seems to be settling in. Cousin came over yesterday and told me " top those bitches and start feedin em". I talked my plan over with him and he seems to think I am gonna need a big ass screen. something like 7x10'. He laughed when I told him I wanted to put 6 plants in the raised bed. He said 2 would probably fill it up. He has been doing this a lot longer than I so he probably is not far off. Anyway still got time. Wanna get em in the ground asap to get me a big ass root system. Hoping to get some input soon!
Here are a few pix from this morning,
Peace and HappySmokin
fudd

pic 1- babies in the stroller
pic 2- TrainWreck
pic 3- I call it WonderBaby 2
pic 4- Hog
pic 5- I call it WonderBaby 1

Hopefully they will take off soon, I am so impatient. lol

Stroll1
TR2
WB2
HB1
WB11
F

fudd Jr.

As for nutes I would go with this cheap all organic fertilizer, Alaskan Fish Fert. and it's a 5-1-1 and the have a bloom fert. they are really cheap at HD and all organic.

F

fudd

Area 51 is just about ready. Pix soon. Caught some fish,largemouth bass. Gonna plant some and start em decomposing. Started to train the Wrecks, topped em at the 5 node.Peace and HappySmokin!
fudd

F

fudd

Update 6/7 TrainWreck, Hog, WonderBabies

Topped all ot the TW and started to LST a couple of days ago. gonna start feedin em fish emulsion and watering every other day. gettin hotter. They look sexy to me and are growing fast now. I can only imagine whats gonna happen in Area 51. Having a great time. Have a look.

TW11
TW21
TW31
TW41
TW51
WB11 2
WB21
Hog11
F

fudd

Ferts and such

So they didn't really need any water yet but the temps are up in the 90's now, add in I am not gonna be able to care for them for a few days, I decided to give the 1 Tbsp/gal fish emulsion before I go. Did a lil more training and weighting. 1/8 oz egg sinker connected to a swivel seems to be bend a pretty fat stem nice and slowly but not bending it down to the point the weight wants to move. seems like I will be able to use these to accomplish some horizontal growth.
A couple of stroller pics.
Peace and HappySmokin
fudd

Almost forgot I made a quick drawing of what I have in mind for the bed as far as spacing and training go. Any input will be hugely appreciated. Don't really know what to expect from TrainWreck or the rest for that matter!

Bed thought
Stroll1 2
Stroll2 2
Stroll4
M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Lookin Good

Hope they turn out great

mal

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
is area 51 a strain you have or what your calling your grow area?

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Very interested to see this strain grown. Props to Kidtwist for a genius cross. I love G13-Haze. Good luck man, im sub'ed and will be watchin for updates!

Heres some of mine cured up, hoping this paired with some aliendawg, that'd be...wow..just intense, lol.

IMAG1284
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Very interested to see this strain grown. Props to Kidtwist for a genius cross. I love G13-Haze. Good luck man, im sub'ed and will be watchin for updates!

Heres some of mine cured up, hoping this paired with some aliendawg, that'd be...wow..just intense, lol.

i dont think its my strain i think it may be what hes calling his grow area...

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

i dont think its my strain i think it may be what hes calling his grow area...

Oh damn, my bad Kid Twist, didnt mean to step on any toes.

Really hoping I can find it in my budget to cop at least one of those packs...Mad props again on that cross, I love g13-haze and always wanted to grow some Alien tech gear.

Hopefully this guy will clarify...

Latest posts

Top Bottom