Arizona dispensaries required to have doctor on staff

• Thread starter Medijuana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medijuana

Medijuana

This is (hopefully) good news for AZ home-growers. Throwing another wrench into the profit-seeking dispensaries' plans. A judge has ruled that any dispensary must have a doctor on staff in order to operate.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I've been investigating caregivership and one of the requirements is that you have to provide some additional service to the patients other than just medical cannabis. Like a ride to dinner or the grocery store or a massage or whatever. It's been interesting and sometimes upsetting to follow how the laws evolve in a med state and how people respond, react, and learn to make them work one way or another.

outwest

K

kolah

gotta keep them MD's in the loop i guess. what a bunch of bunk.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

I cant imagine people are lining up to get a dispensary license or many doctors willing to put his/her license on the line when the feds have been specific. Thanks for the info Medi

sky high

sky high

Funny how different (inexperienced) AZ is. If they looked around, they'd see that CO now forbids the docs fom entertwining with the dispensaries.

Why? Because all they were doing was signing up ANYONE who came in with the cash.....medical NEED..medical RECORDS..or not. This filled the dispensaries pocket....TWICE...once for the cut from the crooked doc...and another time when the newbie "patient" stepped up to the counter to buy some street priced "medicine".

Such is why CO went fom 3000 patients who qualified under Amendment20 for MMJ in 2007...to 150K patients in 2010...a sizeable number of whom don't qualify for the program..but who are in it anyway. Then a buncha these clowns opened more dispensaries and the garbage started to pile up. (the patient here are still waitin for that big DEA trash truck to show...)

AZ patients need to fight this crap...with their GARDENS....

"Friends don't let Friends Buy Dispensary weed"

Chobble

Chobble

Why make a law if any person can just walk in get a recommendation and 10 minutes later buy pot?...

Chobble

sky high

sky high

Exactly, chobble.

It wasn't always that way. When I stepped into the program in 2004 you truly had to qualify via one of the existing conditions and you had to have historical records to document your need.

After the Holder memo came out and folks found their (teeny-tiny) balls and started joining in en masse', the State became so backlogged with applications that many, many cards were approved for non-qualifying conditions. Hell..I know of a guy who got his card for psoriasis and sleep apnea...neither of which are viable conditions to qualify for a card in CO....not even close.

Now he owns a fuckin di$pen$ary....

crazy shit...fer sure....and not what the voters voted for in 2000.

best of luck to all AZ patients as you skirt this Bullshit and become self-sufficient and then some...

s h

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Sky it's already happening here, I was one of the first to get my prop 203 card and had to have all my medical records, which was basically a walk in the park for me. One patient i know has a card for valley fever, i'm not saying mmj doesn't help him but my impression was there was going to be some scrutiny to who cards were issued to. I think Janet Brewer wants it that way so she can say "see everybody is getting a card, it's broke so lets do away with the law" .

If patient growers and caregivers would stop screwing over the patients by charging them what dispensaries would charge perhaps we could get everyone on board to fight the dispensaries, but there are quite a few patients fed up with meds that don't deliver, caregivers who get the patients rights to cultivate who then dump most of those meds on CL instead of helping out who he is suppose to grow for.

It's harder for the feds to raid in Colorado without going after state workers correct? or am I confused with Newmexico? In Co it's in the constitution and Newmexico dispensaries are run by the state? or visa versa? lol

sky high

sky high

The Fed told CO that State workers associated with COMMERCIAL MMJ were fair game but as of yet...they haven't made good on their threat. We can hope, I suppose.... LOL As a patient, there are a few folks up there I'd certainly love to see go down...

FYI...CO's law is an Amendment to our Constitution. Set-in-stone with individual rights as written unless the voters change it/revoke it with the same majority vote.

On the fli[pside, the State jumped into the "business" side of the equation by passing a backdoor Bill that validated the dispensaries that had sprung up without ANY regulations/etc whatsoever and set up a TAX SCHEME that taxes the sales from those retail outlets (which here...unlike AZ ..can be run >for profit< vs non-profit).

Here in CO....many, many folks who were listed as caregivers at the onset/before the State changed things unfavorably (set up the dispensaries with a monopoly on sales ) are now simply doing it >under the table< or are growing under extended plant count variances rather than listing who they are growing for/etc. and freely giving away such info.

How are folks there legally dumping meds on CL...I thought I read in your Act that you could only GIVE it away to another patient..... ????

Medijuana

Medijuana

How are folks there legally dumping meds on CL...I thought I read in your Act that you could only GIVE it away to another patient..... ????

It's not that you always must give the meds away, but you are not to 'profit' from the exchange of meds. This is the weird gray area that the CL sellers are working under, as how is anyone to determine what the 'at cost' (or price to produce) price of the meds are. This isn't defined by the law, so anyone can just say, "yeah, this 1/4 oz cost me $110 to produce."

Latest posts

Top Bottom