Arizona Legislators Introduce HB 2557 to Overturn Voters Approval of Proposition 203

• Thread starter KAL EL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

what is that like the 4th time its been approved and the elected officials try and throw a wrench in everything, just goes to show you, The gov does whatever the fuck it wants regardless of how people vote.

S

space101

I didn't see anything about Prop 203 going away either, they just want to charge the dispensaries 300%!!!! in taxes. And the way it's written they want to charge other businesses as well, but in this economy I don't know how many business owners are going to approve a tax increase.

KAL EL

KAL EL

The title implies that prop 203 dispensaries can't open if that tax is in effect.

E

Element4NorCal

This would ultimately put the people who are looking to profit from the sale of marijuana effectively out of business.

Patients would be back to either purchasing on the black market or god forbid people start depending on themselves and grow their own medicine.

It will be such a beautiful day to smell the various cannabis gardens of patients while walking through the neighborhood.

Cort

Cort

Repubs and democrats, 2 sides of the same coin. Heads they win, tails you lose.

S

space101

So this effectively makes running a profitable disp null, and so the caregiver model thrives?

L

lil miss lone

I'm not surprised about the tax thing, with the health industry the way it is. I used to work in a hospital as a pharmacy tech and they charged everything at 400% markup. I deleted alot of bogus charges for patients while I worked there. Charging $7 for an aspirin, it was disgusting..

Doesn't this mean that people can grow personally, now there won't be dispensaries within what, 25 miles is it?

D

Dignan

One of our legislators, Kyrsten Sinema, just withdrew her support of this proposed bill. The way it was presented to her was that it would tax mmj the same as any other good. The moment she realized it was a 300% tax, she withdrew her support.

I think we may see more of this. Sounds like whoever is running around with this proposal in their hands trying to drum up support is being pretty dishonest/misleading about it.

Top Bottom