Arjan's ultra haze #2 LST topping

• Thread starter country84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

country84

Hi all!
I have 2 plants (6 weeks old) and i topped them about a month ago (followed LBH 4 way tutorial), but the new growth never arrived.. except for a few tiny leafs in one plant.
instead i was left with 2 big fan leaves on the top of the plants (which i tied down with a string and flattened them horizontally), and i am Lst'ing all the other lower branches which are healthy and growing fast.
i keep LST'ing, though the arms has stretched beyond the pot edges already.
so my questions is what shall i do with the top fan leaves? let 'em be or take them down? they are big and block some light.
and another newbie question. i'm planning on Scrog, but the LST keeps the girls short and grounded. as i understood the net should be at least 10", so should i wait till it grow some more and only then install the net above it? when do i take off the hooks that keeps the branches down?
thanks

Arjans ultra haze 2 lst topping
Arjans ultra haze 2 lst topping 2
Arjans ultra haze 2 lst topping 3
Dunge

Dunge

IMO those big fans are producing big time for the plant. Do not remove them. I came upon the LST thread about a year ago when I started growing. I like being able to multiply flower sites, keeping veg short, and the ability to keep plants in pots that can easily be moved. I like to spiral the arms about the rim of the pot.
These plants look good to me. keep up the good work.

C

country84

I followed the advice and kept the fan leafs on..
veg week 7 >
My plants are really taking off and i attached all of the main branches with zipties to my scrog net today.
The thing is, in one plant the fan leafs are still lush while in the other they look alot more tired - they are yellow, cracked in few places and start to be little crispy..
They seem to be more of a burden to the plant then producing..so.. does the advice still stand?
There's also a few yellowish leafs at the lower part of the plants, when is the right time to pop them out ?
Thanks!

Dunge

Dunge

What I do is take them off if their ability to produce looks compromised and especially if their removal will illuminate fresh veg below.
But I am just getting this figured out so take this like something you read on the interweb.

C

country84

What I do is take them off if their ability to produce looks compromised and especially if their removal will illuminate fresh veg below.
But I am just getting this figured out so take this like something you read on the interweb.

that's what i was thinking too. anyway, where would you make the cut?

4053270 cannabis leaf vector illustration
Dunge

Dunge

A. At the base. They may pull away easily, but you need to pull them towards the trunk. May need to grab the veg above the removal to avoid breaking the stem.

C

country84

actually this sketch looks exactly like the plants i topped - the 5th set of new leafs was removed, and all that was left on the top of the plant were those 2 main fan leafs, giving the end of the plant a "V" shape.
the growth that was suppose to follow the first topping never happened.

if it was just another leaf turning yellow somewhere else in the plant i'd remove it no question asked, but since it's the top of the plant, i don't know exactly what to do..

Dunge

Dunge

Cutting clones from seedlings

It looks to me like you have abundant secondary growth, so I don't know that it matters that it is not in the location you had expected.
I am dealing with much the same problem with some seedlings (7 week) that I wish to clone the tops of for sexing.
I have indicated in the photo where I intend to make the cut. I'm inclined to let F3 get a bit bigger and would like to see some leaf growth below the cut in both GB plants prior to cutting. (So I don't get the apical leaf structure that you are dealing with)
Let's be clear here. I have never done this before, but even if some clones fail, any that live it will allow me to identify females.

Seeds 2
Abek666

Abek666

i did this a few days ago and the plants and cutings are fine

Top Bottom