Artcore Journal

• Thread starter artcore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

artcore

Hi, I always grow from seeds with a single cab but unfortunately it has been difficult to get enough medication for my needs so I decided to get a second cab to keep moms and grow from clones.

Setup:

Cab 1 90x70x50 - moms and rooting cuts

3x T5 24w 60cm 6400k = 72w
out/intake/circulation = 25w pc fans
Soil - Canna Pro Plus (moms - 3L pots)
Feeding - 1ml/L fishmix every 2 weeks

With 3 T5 the moms are growing a bit too fast so I will change the system to use only 2 T5 and the third will only use when I need faster growth.

At the moment already have three moms prepared to give the first cuts within one or two weeks.

Bubble Gum - THSeeds - 43 days
Artcore journal
Artcore journal 2

Northern Light - Sensi Seeds - 43 days
Artcore journal 3
Artcore journal 4

Critical - Royal Queen Seeds - 78 days
Critical1
Critical5

Sagen Sour - THSeeds - 5 days / Pain Killer - Dr. Underground - minus 1 day lol
Pk and ss

Cab 1 - moms and rooting cuts
Artcore journal 8
Artcore journal 9
Artcore journal 10

Cab 2 170x110x55 - bloom boom bloom

1x hps250w dual (first 2/3 weeks)
1x hps400w dual/cooltube (till the end)
out/intake/circulation = 125w

Now I have a SOG from seed, 14 girls 6 weeks into bloom (soil)... SOG from seed= terrible idea, partly because I made a mistake, changed the light cycle to 12/12 after 21 days and the girls had not sexual maturity to flower and they stretched, stretched, and stretched... they stretched for four weeks before flower instead of stretch for two weeks as is normal, the Sativa pheno stretched 400% and the Indica pheno stretched 300%... when I changed the cycle to 12/12 the plants had 20/25cm, now have between 85cm and 110cm... plants shadowing each other and the light penetration was minimal, I had to cut off multiple fan leaves to get better light penetration, pruned the first 30/40cm of each plant and now with more than 6 weeks of flowering it seems to me that this run will be a success...

Cab 2 - bloom boom bloom - Critical - Royal Queen Seeds - 78 day
Artcore journal 11
Artcore journal 12
Artcore journal 13
Artcore journal 14
Artcore journal 15
Artcore journal 16
Artcore journal 17

In this run I decided to do some tests with nuts, I have two plants fed only with Fish Mix, two plants fed with Fish Mix+BioBloom, one plant fed with salts/chemical+Overdrive and nine plants fed with BioGrow+BioBloom... apart from this all plants had topdressings (humus, guano), molasses and teas.

I have always used the same feeding schedule for all brands of nutrients and so far have not over/underfeed... feeding schedule I use:

. Transplants until 12/12
. Week 1 Bloom - 1ml BioGrow + 1ml BioBloom per liter
. Week 2 Bloom - 1ml BioGrow + 2ml BioBloom per liter
. Week 3 Bloom - 1ml BioGrow + 2ml BioBloom per liter + 1 table spoon of epsom salts per 10 liters
. Week 4 Bloom - 1ml BioGrow + 3ml BioBloom per liter
. After 50% of pistils changed to brow/red - 2ml BioGrow + 1ml BioBloom per liter till the end
. Week 20 - vap vap vap ;)

Cab 3 Lian Li - - bloom boom bloom (under construction)

A

artcore

My three moms gave birth almost 50 cuts and as they behaved very well I decided to do something for them.

I installed a system to be able to move the lamps so I can turn off one and center the other two.

The Critical is the oldest mother and it was time for a transplant so I transplanted from a 3.5L pot for a 3L lol

Critical root pruning
4 root prune
5 root prune
6 root prune

The three mothers were well pruned to give more room for rooting cuts

Bubble Gum
8 bg prune
9 bg prune

Northern Light
10 nl prune
11 nl prune

Critical
12 critical prune
13 critical prune

Sagen Sour - topped
14 ss topped
15 ss topped

Mom cab
16 all moms
17 clones

By the end of this week I will harvest and while the clones are rooting I will also make some changes in the bloom cab, the idea was to install an automatic irrigation system but I still have enough organic nuts for one run , for what I have read using organic nuts with automatic irrigation systems causes several problems with bacteria and odors so I will make a semi automatic system lol... a system that I can easily take from the cab to wash and install again after washed, already have some ideas but I will have to do some tests to see what is the best option.

A

artcore

Harvest day :D ... Critical - Royal Queen Seeds 88 days

I need a dry room/cab, this time I'm using the bloom cab because the clones are still rooting but next run I hope to have clones ready to bloom on the harvest day.

I've been doing a reflector for a micro grow

Cab 3 - Bloom - Lian Li Pc-101

I can not find cfl bulbs 2700ºk over 24w, I wanted to use two with 34w 2700ºk and in the middle one 14w 4500ºk but I think I'll have to opt for the 24w, about 60w total for some clones in coco with no veg time.

A

artcore

The last days were complicated to put everything going on, harvest 7 days ago and today the weed was ready to store in jars, made some changes in my bloom cab to prepare next run, the clones have been transplanted to 1L pots and for now are on 18/6 under one hps250w.

My sog config, the pots have a capacity of 4.5L but I'll use about 1L of clay pellets in the bottom of the pot for the plants not drink the run off water

Transplanted 3 days ago, 3 strains and one auto dark devil.

My micro grow is already running, transplanted to coco 3 days ago and today changed the cycle to 12/12
4 coco
5 coco

At the moment I am using two cfl 15w 2700ºk and one cfl 9w 4500ºk, the indoor temp is 23º, I have a good margin to use stronger bulbs, I have 15 cuts inside this pc box lol, 3 strains, in a few days I choose those who seem stronger, is the first time I am using coco and it is likely that I kill one or 10 with overfeed or so, fornow I am watering once a day with 400 PPM 5.8 = 1ml cal-mag + 1ml grow + 1ml bloom per 1.5l and for now are doing well.

A

artcore

Thanks mate, now is wait for the weed to be as good as it was the harvest ;) harvest 10 days ago and it seems to me that my minimum goal has been achieved, +10g per plant, the plants in which only used Fishmix or Fishmix+Biobloom were the ones that yield less but were the ones who had the most frosted appearance, by the smell they have now I think they will be the most delicious fruits I ever grow :D

The plant I used salts/chemical was the only one to pass the 20g barrier but did not got the frosted appearance I can get using biogrow+biobloom... in the current run I'll use a line of nutrients that I have never used, jungle juice 3 parts and maybe some AN supplements but after all I have read about an is a bit difficult to choose products from them, my local hydro shop have a an promotion, pay 3 get 3 for free, I paid for jungle juice 3 parts micro,grow,bloom and received for free jungle juice 2 parts bloom a/b and overdrive, this week they are offering jungle juice 2 parts grow a/b and big bud, I have to pay for another 3 products but at least I get for free a complete line of nutrients for later use (2 parts grow and bloom).

I'll have to make a few more changes, my moms are not eating P, red/purple steams, I am sure that this problem is caused by the lack of extraction in the mom cab, I have an 225 m3/h extractor but it is so noisy that keeps me awake, I have to find a solution, maybe I can keep the moms in a 15/9 cycle and the extractor starts and stops with the lamps so I would have 9 hours of silence to sleep peacefully. I just need clones every 8 or 10 weeks, maybe does not make sense to keep moms, whenever I take clones I can make a new moms to give the next cuts, will have smaller pots and plants, the moms I have now only started having P problems after reaching a certain size and maturity, larger plants need more air, while the plants were small this system worked perfectly.

This is the second time I clone, the first time I cloned, transplanted the rooted clones to 500ml pots which took 18 days to get enough roots to transplant under 72w T5, now with hps250w transplanted the rooted clones to 1L pots and after 8 days they already have pistils and have grown more than the first clones were grown in 18 days under 72w T5, I'll wait 2 or 3 days for the soil dry and transplant to the final pots, more 7 days and flip to 12/12, can not let the clones veg longer or I'll have problems in my SOG.

8 days veg hps250w dual

In my micro grow done the first selection and dismissed five cuts, the clones rooted in coco are fine but the clones rooted in jiffys (peat) and transplanted to coco are showing some excess, the tips of the leaves are burned

;)

Last edited:
A

artcore

In these last days treating plants have been a full-time job, whenever I remember I take some pics but unfortunately I have not had time to update the topic many times as I wanted.

The last light cycle was 15 hours, the plants are now doing 13 hours of darkness, why 13h?... the time will change tonight, it will delay one hour and I'll make up that hour with another hour of darkness which should help to stimulate flowering, within a few hours the plants will start the 12/12 cycle... T minus 9 weeks :D

14 days today since transplanted the rooted clones to 1L pots under hps250w, on the ninth day of veg transplanted to the final pots, the idea was veg for about 8/10 days but during the transplant to the final pots pruned the first node of all clones and I'll still have to prune one or two nodes to make room for watering/feeding the plants, to compensate the pruning the plants had a few more days of veg.

Transplant the 1L pots to 4.5L, the bottom of the pot was filled with 500ml of hydrotones and 250ml of perlite, have a total of 3.750ml=1us gallon of Canna Terra Pro Plus.

9 days after rooted (after transplant to the final pot) - hps250w dual 18/6
DSCF3759
DSCF3760

13 days after rooted (yesterday) - hps250 dual 18/6
DSCF3777
DSCF3778
DSCF3780
DSCF3781
DSCF3782

Yesterday was watering day and day of the first feeding, 25 liters tap water 200ppm pH 6.9 with 7ml (each) AN micro, grow, bloom, voodoo juice and piranha, 140ppm + 200ppm.

Removing run off water from the tray
DSCF3803
DSCF3804

Also got my semi automatic irrigation system ready, oh yes semi automatic lol ;)
How to get a cheap water deposit?... buying a garbage bin!... unfortunately the 50 liter model I was buying was sold out, brought an equal but of 30 liters
DSCF3806

Hailea 2o00L/H
DSCF3807
DSCF3810
DSCF3811
The system has enough pressure to spare but I have not used it yet, still have to do some tests, I have to figure out how many seconds/minutes it takes to pass a liter of water, I think tomorrow I'll have time to do that, next time I water the plants I'll use the system but before watering'll have to prune the plants to have more space to water.

My three moms had a small ph lockout problem, in recent weeks the soil does not dry out and began to turn white... mold??... the three moms are already cloned and I believe that the problem that caused the ph lockout has been solved, lack of extraction/circulation in my mom cab, before with an ambient temp of 23º the mom cab cabinet was always with 30º, now the mom cab temp is the same as the ambient temp, also installed two extra fans that send fresh air to the bottom of the pots
DSCF3783
DSCF3788

Used the 3 moms with problems to test new soil, transplanted from 3L pots to 1L, 1.2L and 1.4L (root prunning), after the transplant:
DSCF3764

After the transplant did a big pruning:
DSCF3766
DSCF3794

New moms cloned from the 3 moms with problems:
DSCF3796

Mom cab
DSCF3801

Now the micro grow... I think my micro grow will give more work than weed lol... at least I get some experience with coco, having to water several times a day becomes annoying but other than that is going well ;)

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Everything is nice and clean, I like it. Once you dial in the auto water you will be really happy.

A

artcore

Everything is nice and clean, I like it. Once you dial in the auto water you will be really happy.

Thanks mate ;) ... I already have all the stuff I need for an 100% auto irrigation system but mount an automatic system without test it intensively could jeopardize the harvest, the next nine weeks will test various systems, I have to create a system that ensure that all plants receive the same amount of water, already have some ideas of how to achieve this with the help of gravity

artcore,, impressive work..

All smiles here,,

:D I'm also impressed, first growing from clones, the speed the clones grow caught me by surprise, I always growed with organic nuts, with the AN nuts I am now using the plants have a different color, with organic nuts I never get dark green leaves with without the plant show excess N, leaf tips like claws.

As I have had some difficulties to maintain the micro grow pH today decided to flush...

Today after the flush - 15 days 12/12
DSCF3817
DSCF3821
DSCF3822
DSCF3823
DSCF3824

The last two are the ones that have less light, for the remaining have more space will change these two to the bloom cab. The first 10 days used old cfls that already had at home, since installed new cfl's notice the growth overnight, installed two 22w 2700ºk 1300 lumens and one 9w 4500ºk... a total of 54w and 3000 lumens. Already know what my next investment will be, osmosis filter system, very soon I want to try a coco grow in my bloom cab but if I use tap water is likely to have problems, even to grow in soil should help.

A

artcore

This time will start with the micro grow, in the last week the clones began to stretch, if they continue stretching I can run into problems because of the pc box height...

Micro-Grow
21 days after rooted - 19 days 12/12 - coco

I'm watering three times per day, 1ml cal-mag+1ml grow+3ml bloom /6 liters = 450ppm 5.9, every 3 days only give 250ppm.

Bloom Cab
On Saturday they made one week 12/12, after three weeks with a hps250w dual it was time for the hps400w dual, last run I used a lamp that had made six runs and I think I lost a few grams because of that, for this run I have a new lamp :)

DSCF3855

Installed a scrog screen to control leaves and to make room for lateral branches, I have 3 different strains in the bloom cab, 9 northern light, 6 bubble gun and 3 critical, the difference in growth between the first two is minimal, the problem are the 3 critical, Indica pheno, those 3 are between the other two strains and the height difference is significant, the leaves of the other two strains are covering the 3 critical, so I pruned two or three nodes of each to stimulate the main stem growth.

3 weeks after rooted - 1 week 12/12
DSCF3856

DSCF3858

DSCF3860

DSCF3861

DSCF3868

DSCF3874

DSCF3875

;)

Top Bottom