Arthritis and bi polar

• Thread starter crazyb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crazyb

I need My medical card mainly for Bi Polar and was thinking about moving there from Virginia! But i see they did not add Bi Polar to the list. I was just wondering what everyones idea was from that area about how severe it would have to be! i have arthritis in my Knee and ankle where i got drug with a car when i was about 20 i am now 31 and the doctors here gave me Anti Inflammatorys is this a good enough reason? i have pain from it every day! Any feedback would be Greatly appreciated!

coolslayer

coolslayer

Sorry,but currently,those two conditions are not on the list of approved qualifying conditions. You may qualify under chronic pain,however. Do you have any other medical conditions that might qualify? Here is a link to the list:

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

I need My medical card mainly for Bi Polar and was thinking about moving there from Virginia! But i see they did not add Bi Polar to the list. I was just wondering what everyones idea was from that area about how severe it would have to be! i have arthritis in my Knee and ankle where i got drug with a car when i was about 20 i am now 31 and the doctors here gave me Anti Inflammatorys is this a good enough reason? i have pain from it every day! Any feedback would be Greatly appreciated!

Have they added Bi-polar in any state? I heard that most States won't add that to any definition becuase mmj can have a real bad effect with some biploar types or Schizophrenia?

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

You will have to show what it is you have tried that has failed to help you in the past. MMJ is kinda of a last resort or it has been a proven asset to the health of the patient.

blazer

blazer

possible

Well ptsd is on there you might have symptoms from getting dragged depends how traumatic it was for you

C

crazyb

Hey thanks everyone i have been on meds for bi polar since i was 6! they all have some crappy side effect or dont work for me! I wish they would just add bi polar maybe soon!

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Most studies on Bi-polar are incunclusive when it comes to marijuana use.
It is 50/50 I believe with most.

http://www.bipolarcentral.com/articles/articles-444-1-Smoking-Marijuana-Increases-Risk-Of-Developing-Bipolar-Disorder.html

Then you have this type of thinking. Good reporting all the way around but nothing really concrete.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/side-effects/200904/the-bipolar-child-is-purely-american-phenomenon-interview-philip-dawdy
Too many unknowns and lack of studies I would imagine would be the deterrent for the use of marijuana as a med for some Psychiatric disoders.
Good luck crazyb, hope everything works out for you.

convex

convex

Rheumatoid arthritis doesn't qualify??? Shouldn't it fall under chronic pain??

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Seems that bi-polar and PTSD share enough traits???

The do indeed share many traits but the differences can be ruled out.

Unfortunately most the meds used for depression and PTSD related symptoms can have bad reactions in someone that is bipolar.

S

StonerCasper

I need My medical card ,
thinking about moving there from Virginia!
i got drug with a car when i was about 20 i am now 31 and the doctors here gave me Anti Inflammatorys is this a good enough reason? i have pain from it every day! Any feedback would be Greatly appreciated!

Man you are perfect for the MMJ program here in New Mexico. You can definitely get it for PTSD with getting drug by a car and still feel pain everyday because of it. Now if you would like to email me and then I can get more into detail about the NM MMJ program. I believe that our program in NM is a role model for other states that want a true real and non-currupt program and with legitimate people like you is exactly the kind of patients that NM needs.:time

Latest posts

Top Bottom