artic air

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

has anyone ever used a artic air cooling machine that uses water to cool the air down in there room ? I will have a 2x3.5x6 space with exuast
Artic air
and intake fans

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

It's technically a swamp cooler and dont work unless you live in dry climates. Like arizona

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

I think they work but only to a extent when humidity is higher.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

It's technically a swamp cooler and dont work unless you live in dry climates. Like arizona
well I got a feeling my room will be too hot around 100 degrees or more with that kind of heat wouldn't it get it dry in there and the artic air bring the humidity back up

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Not necessarily true. All about your house ventilation and outdoor humidity. I'd assume your house is around 50% but there is so many variables, your plants alone will raise humidity.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

good point,in far north texas we used water coolers,have grass filters on sides,cold as shit come morning,but down here in south texas that same water cooler will have fungus and mold growing on your walls in a week,but hey wont know for sure unless you try it,im talking a whole house ventalation system as you are talking about a very hot room with lights

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

good point,in far north texas we used water coolers,have grass filters on sides,cold as shit come morning,but down here in south texas that same water cooler will have fungus and mold growing on your walls in a week,but hey wont know for sure unless you try it,im talking a whole house ventalation system as you are talking about a very hot room with lights
well im not sure I will do it I was only asking for opinions and advice I don't think I could afford and air conditioner for a lil room right now

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
well I got a feeling my room will be too hot around 100 degrees or more with that kind of heat wouldn't it get it dry in there and the artic air bring the humidity back up

They'll be flosering in 100 degree temps?

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
You can DIY one fairly ez but you'd need to be able to freeze several 2 liter type size bottles or gallon jugs of water and be able to rotate them as they thaw.
This one is done with a 5g bucket but I've seen them made with coolers too.

They work but not so well for my g/room. My space runs hot and needs cooling with some muscle behind it to beat the heat.
Humidity + rotating bottles every hour was a deal breaker for me using the DIY.
I've seen these Arctic Airs at Home Depot and the cost and power consumption turned me off. Plus they humidify and I dont need any help with adding RH, more like the opposite.
I ended up breaking down and buying a basic $99, analog control, 500 watt, 5000BTU window unit and plugging it into a day/night thermostat controller. It works a treat at both cooling and de'huing. Using the thermostat control makes it barely noticeable on the light bill

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Nice set up, nights here can be hot and humid I just drop ac 8 degrees at night then raise in the morning. But yes ac is the way to go.

Top Bottom