As Green as Green can be

• Thread starter Wikkid Pissa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wikkid Pissa

Wikkid Pissa

I doubt I could be any newer at this. I've smoked maybe three times back when I was a teen. That was a long time ago. That's all I've got for a cannabis background. Not much to work with I know.

Now, I find myself in the position wanting to grow and use.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm starting from square one. I'll need to learn about plants, lights, rooms, nutrients, cultivating, harvesting, and using. Obviously I've got lots to learn. I've got plenty to read. I've also got legal hurdles to jump before any of this learning, reading, planning and discussing makes a bit of difference.

What I do have is chronic pain and a desire to try anything to mitigate that pain. If cannabis treatment will do that then so be it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I doubt I could be any newer at this. I've smoked maybe three times back when I was a teen. That was a long time ago. That's all I've got for a cannabis background. Not much to work with I know.

Now, I find myself in the position wanting to grow and use.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm starting from square one. I'll need to learn about plants, lights, rooms, nutrients, cultivating, harvesting, and using. Obviously I've got lots to learn. I've got plenty to read. I've also got legal hurdles to jump before any of this learning, reading, planning and discussing makes a bit of difference.

What I do have is chronic pain and a desire to try anything to mitigate that pain. If cannabis treatment will do that then so be it.
Welcome Wikkid. Lots of us have started out in the same boat. You'll be growing well in no time, I'm sure. :)

Wikkid Pissa

Wikkid Pissa

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.

The first steps are for me get comfortable with the terminology and get informed on the topic. Once I think I'm comfortable with the subject matter and I feel like can speak intelligently on the topic I'll approach my PCP for his recommendation. I can only hope that goes well.
As for the rest of it. I'll read up, plan, and when and if I'm cleared to start I'll begin my new garden.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Welcome, wikkid. I assume your are in Maine, or at least New England, by your username. Good luck in your journey, I'm sure you will find what of seek.

Happy growing.

outwest

Wikkid Pissa

Wikkid Pissa

Yes, I'm up here in New England. I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that:cool:

buddahslave

buddahslave

Welcome to the farm! I would recommend you get the book Marijuana Horticulture (Grow Bible) it has just about everything in it. Starting out growing is difficult to have patience but you must and remember less is best, try not to over feed your plants. Good luck!

Wikkid Pissa

Wikkid Pissa

Sorry, not a Maniac. I'm down here in RI.
Thanks for the book recommendation. Ill add that to the list.
Apart from deciding on where to grow and how to grow; I'm also leaning toward growing more CBD rich strains (hopefully that's not heresy around here).
Should i start by choosing the strains that i want to grow and then design the room? Or just make the room. And figure things out from there.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Where do you plan to get plants from? I recommend that you order seeds online from somewhere like the attitude. They come in the mail in discreet packaging i've been getting my strains like that since 1999 its safe. I just want you to be careful buying clones from people and getting spider mites. I like cali connections tahoe og it will satisfy your appetite for cbd. This strain is fire:mad:

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Welcome to the Farm, and welcome to the culture! I hope you find the relief you seek; this is the best place in the world for a new grower. See ya around!!

Wikkid Pissa

Wikkid Pissa

Thanks Buddahslave. Lots to choose from there. Although, quite frankly I'm not terribly sure how to judge one strain against another. It seems that every question I have has to have 20 questions answered before I can answer the first.

Like many things the initial learning curve is steep. So, I'm just sitting back and reading before I start asking what are going to be fairly stupid newbie questions.

Top Bottom