As Promised To My New Girlfriend @kbellfoy

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

@kbellfoy & ecompost if your interested in how i cleaned the charcoal ,holler at me

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

what i did here was as follow,
took top off of filter,use drill and 1/8 drill bit,drill revite head intil you get the head off,go to inside filter pull the rest of rivit out,once all 3 rivits are out,filter flange comes off,under the flange will be some foam,lift it out,take filter and dump in 5 gallon bucket.
take cookie sheet and place a 1/4 inch deep spread over top,take the propane torch and about 3in over the top of charcoal start slowly sweeping the flame over the top of charcoal,once you have done the top layer let cool a minute and mix it up and repeat process,go slow while sweep the torch , you want to heat up the charcoal but not start it burning.
when you get to the bottom 3 or 4 in of the 5 gallon bucket,you will notice as you sweep the torch across the charcoal it begins to pop,by this time you will see all the crap and shit in the charcoal,at this point i started sweeping and mixing 3 times to a finish.
manufactures are now claiming your filter nearest the fan does all the filtering and sucking,this statement is true ,when you get to bottom of bucket the popping is all the crap which backs up what they say,while i was lazy not in any hurry to do this because im lazy,i purchased a new filter that has a reversible flange were when it gets plugged up ,you just swap ends ,after both side are used ,you can then do this method,worked really good,takes a few hours and with it 30 degrees outside heat wasnt a issue,lmao.
yall have anymore questions holler at me,and hope it helps you as it has for me,ive thrown so many of these filters away,all it took was 2 hours and there is no shipping cost,lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i used a grinder to take rivit heads off and then pulled rivit out the inside

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Try an 1/8 inch drill bit to release the rivets. Cool posts.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

How much use before you clean, or do you just wait until you notice poor ventilation?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

How much use before you clean, or do you just wait until you notice poor ventilation?
mainly poor ventaltion,notice my room wouldnt cool in the summer,bought a new filter and night and day,so instead of throwing it away i cleaned it,sucks like i would like it,lmao i got 1 year out of it and 3 grows before replacing it

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i also believe that you could do this as regular maintains,every 6 months to a year

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you really dont notice it,im in my room so much,you forget about a fresh hookup sounds like,you will no when them temps get in triple digits ,i promise

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Hey there. Thanks for the holler and my new moniker I would love to try this. You make it look simple. Sorry iv not been on but iv been quite sick recently. This post cheered me up tho. Hope your well??

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey there. Thanks for the holler and my new moniker I would love to try this. You make it look simple. Sorry iv not been on but iv been quite sick recently. This post cheered me up tho. Hope your well??
i surely hope your feeling better,and it is quite easy,great project for a boring day,lmao

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

i surely hope your feeling better,and it is quite easy,great project for a boring day,lmao

Remember when we were chatting and I said I can get charcoal real cheap near me... can I just replace the old charcoal with new??

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Remember when we were chatting and I said I can get charcoal real cheap near me... can I just replace the old charcoal with new??
yes ,its pretty easy all you have to do is remove the three rivets holding the flange on,replace charcoal and use selftapping screws to put back together

Latest posts

Top Bottom