ASA supports AB 2312 and calls on members and friends to do the same.

• Thread starter onisdad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
onisdad

onisdad

The Assembly Public Safety Committee will vote on Assemblymember Tom Amminao’s (D-SF) AB 2312 on Tuesday, April 17. This bill will create a statewide regulatory body to create and implement guidelines for medical cannabis (marijuana) cultivation and provision. Americans for Safe Access (ASA) supports AB 2312 and calls on members and friends to do the same.
Uncertainty about what is legal under state law has stymied implementation of California’s medical cannabis laws at the local level. AB 2312 will give much-needed clarity to local lawmakers, law enforcement, and other stakeholders. Our research and experience show that sensible regulations preserve access for patients while reducing crime and complaints around patients’ cooperatives and collectives. If adopted, AB 2312 will be a giant leap forward in implementing statewide guidelines that are good for everyone.

Use this form to send a fax to the members of the Assembly Public safety Committee today asking them to approve AB 2312! click here--> form

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
They just keep on trying to Tax ,Control,and Regulate when they should be striking laws off the books instead.I will not be getting any `card or permition` to do what is my God given right to do in the first place! My family has been growing and using cannibis sence the early 1600`s and we will contenue to do so regardless of the Goverment,it`s Regulations, Controls or Taxes! We just don`t need more laws ,we need less laws and more freedoms!

jawnroot

jawnroot

They just keep on trying to Tax ,Control,and Regulate when they should be striking laws off the books instead.I will not be getting any `card or permition` to do what is my God given right to do in the first place! My family has been growing and using cannibis sence the early 1600`s and we will contenue to do so regardless of the Goverment,it`s Regulations, Controls or Taxes! We just don`t need more laws ,we need less laws and more freedoms!

I appreciate your view, but it's a bit naive and hard-headed. Regarding cannabis, in our lifetimes for sure, and probably into the foreseeable future, it will be a regulated substance. Period. No decriminalization, no free-for-all. So get accustomed to it and vote in politicians that're sympathetic, and support measures that support the cause.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Accually the same thing was thought about prop 19 but the people were smart enough to vote it down. All the same arguments have already been said and I stand my ground with the people! True freedom is not Taxed, Controled or Regulated!

jawnroot

jawnroot

Accually the same thing was thought about prop 19 but the people were smart enough to vote it down. All the same arguments have already been said and I stand my ground with the people! True freedom is not Taxed, Controled or Regulated!

Prop 19 failed very narrowly, and was a great initiative. The only people I've found in the cannabis community that want to keep things the way they are = for profit illicit/gray-area growers.

og619

og619

Prop 19 failed very narrowly, and was a great initiative. The only people I've found in the cannabis community that want to keep things the way they are = for profit illicit/gray-area growers.

I voted for Prop 19, due to the fact i think it is our god given right to use cannabis as we wish, while a lot of people i knew were against it due to profits. Today i feel completely different, fuck them...like MC said they just want to tax, control, and regulate. I wish it would work as i see it, but don't think that will happen. I have been doing what i do for a long time regardless of what they say or what new laws they make. I especially saw fuck prop 19 or any other leagalization effort after researching Monsanto and the other crooks out there that are ready to fuck the cannabis industry.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It isn`t just about who makes the money off it but just how supplies would be met with.Canada took out a bid to see what company would supply medical cannibis and the stuff they produced by a corperation was just trash. Corperations will only be looking at there bottem line and will not produce quality medications like small Mom and Pop growers do now. Also just what is so bad about the suppliers we have now making a buck and feeding there families? I`m disabled and although I don`t sell very much ,the money comes in handy to stretch my Social Security Check. Nothing wrong with that is there? Tax,Control and Regulate was and is nothing but the rich trying to corner the market and inslave medical users and growers for the money! I argued all the arguments when they tryed prop 19 and nothing,no arguement was valid. I did this for months on many different sites with nearly 100 people,Including the authors and backers of Prop 19. By the way prop 19 did not nearly become law by a long shot! As I remember it got about 37% yes over all state wide. Still to many people fooled if you ask me!

jawnroot

jawnroot

I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm SOOOOOOO tired of hearing the argument that goes, "If we legalize corporations will take over and we'll all be smoking dirt." Look at the beer/spirits industry. Yeah, there are corporate players like Budweiser and Jim Beam that are turning out what amounts to, for all intents and purposes, the schwag of alcohol. Then we have companies like Kettle One, DogfishHead, Remy Martin, etc etc etc etc etc that cater to a refined palette.

The fact of the matter is, most weed smokers aren't into it enough to really care. They'll smoke a blunt of mids and be happy. Just like most people going to the bar are find getting a Bud Lite. Most people really don't care for the taste of a good IPA and prefer piss, just as a good number of "casual" smokers are intimidated/turned off by heavy triple-A bud and would prefer something weaker.

I'm going to conclude this post by something I stated earlier:

jawnroot said:
The only people I've found in the cannabis community that want to keep things the way they are = for profit illicit/gray-area growers.

And then...

markscastle said:
Also just what is so bad about the suppliers we have now making a buck and feeding there families? I`m disabled and although I don`t sell very much ,the money comes in handy to stretch my Social Security Check.

I'm all for people getting compensation for their crop/hard work, but lets call a spade a spade. You want to keep things the way they are so you can continue to collect your vendor checks. NEWSFLASH: It's the people going to jail under current laws that're paying for your good fortune.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
First I`ve been growing for 50 years and have risked just as much as anyone along the way.Second I didn`t say I want things to stay the same,I want a level playing field for everyone. I don`t think putting Taxes, Controls, or Regulations on things is an improvement at all.It`s only design is to shift who makes money to the rich.By allowing any amount of local taxes to be but on sales you will see many negitive Counties and cities up the taxes in order to keep Cannibis out of there area. The remaining area`s will be the ones who are allowed to grow and sale. This means the Bay area will become about the only area in Cali to get meds. Everyone else will have to travel there to get meds filled. Same design as prop 19 was. And gess where prop 19 and this on going bill is authored? The Bay Area! Also this new law makes crimenal laws that would put people in jail as well as make them subject to fines. There are a few improvements over prop 19, but they aren`t worth the loss of freedoms.

The author of 215 was against prop 19 and Jack Herer died trying to stop the Tax,Regulate and Control mesures! I`m not alone in my believes most of the voters are against it. Now our law makers are trying to pass law against the will of the people!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Although I`m dead set against Taxes ,Regulations and Controls in general and beleave we should dismiss the present laws making it against the law in the first place. I would be in favor of butting some small regulations in favor of despenceries. I would hope that everyone who can, should be allowed to grow not only to meet there own medical needs but also to help out others who can`t. But I also see a need for despenceries State wide and to protect the rights of those who need these services .I agree local Goverments should not be able to use land regulation to keep them out of there area. This is not what these laws were for! One despencery per 500,000 people seems not enough if you ask me! I`d put it at 1 per 150,000.

I also think we should allow large farms the right to grow hemp for non medical industreal uses without any special conserns such extra Taxes or Regulations.This would serve the intrests of eveyone making jobs,products produced in Cali and America as well as possible exports for or GNP.

Top Bottom