Asexual Males?

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

Hey all I post up some info in Billy Goats forum in the Arcata wreck thread, Anyway I have found a total of 3 males that exhibit this asexual/herm trait. I not have a small amount maybu 10 seeds from these male. One is VERY vigorous and all are massive resin producers. These will be used as studs for a variety of crosses, such as : The White, XXXog, Juniper Stereo(Reefs Buttershotch?), Moroccan landrace, and Magic Merlin. This will be to determine viability as well as testing for hermaphroditic tendancies. They should gain a bit of vigor from the cross as well.

According to DJ Short this asexual trait in males is rare and highly desirable. So we will see.
Any info on this would be of great help.
Thanks

Peace

R

robz

Yeah I heard the same thing. Some say it's bogus & it's just a herm male. A herm is a herm is a herm. But I used the pollen from my male & hit a few ladies with it so we will see what happens. I haven't grown any out yet but plan on it pretty soon. Querkle male crossed THC Bomb. And Querkle male crossed SSH.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Any more information on this? I've never heard the term "asexual male", it seems to be extremely contradictory, i.e. how can it be *both* asexual (as in having no sex) and male at the same time?

Just point me in a direction, I've got enough motor to go from there.

M

mellokitty

i gotta admit i don't understand either.... how can they be massive resin producers if they're male?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Males can produce resin, but I don't see how they can be both male (i.e. expressing SEX) and asexual (i.e. specifically not having sex, which is different from hermaphroditic reproduction because hermaphrodites aren't "no sex", they're "both sexes"). There, further confused now?

Welcome to my world!

B

BUDOGHI

I would have to question the rarity and the value of a hermie male. I see these more and more frequently and I believe its the result of fucked up breeding. I would recommend the elimination of the this male and all the seeds produced with its combination. If I felt I had to grow them out as a learning experience I would label them clearly and not allow this trait to be passed on. I just pulled a jack herer male with this display of both sexes and destroyed the seed produced. It will set you back a few months but in the long run you will have more reliable seed in the future. Ignoring these traits and continuing a breeding project is foolish and irresponsible and will assure many more hermie males in the future. Some projects have to reach a dead end.

homebrew420

homebrew420

The term asexual is one I picked up from Tom Hill. This is what he uses to refer to herm plants. So I figured that seems appropriate given he has some knowledge. Maybe you are right Seamaiden, that may not be the proper term.
Not really the important part of the thread though.
Budoghi ahve you tried any of these seeds you so swiftly destroyed? I hear what you are saying, I am just putting this out there to see what people think. Not to mention that DJ Short is, I would say, reputable. No? He does have a bit of experience in the breeding department. Just saying. Like I said looking for experience in these matters, as well as opinions.

Thanks for the comments people.

Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ahh... well, if we're just talking about a true hermaphrodite, but a male, personally I'm with BUDOGHI, I would not want those genetics in my pool.

TortureKill

TortureKill

The term Ive always heard and used is Reverse(d) Male. Ive found my share, and made seed, but have never grown out the progeny. Always been so busy with other projects, but it needs to be done and reported on.

Top Bottom