Ask the guru

• Thread starter danielfm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danielfm

Hi everyone...

Im about to build my frist led grow and id like to ask people with more experience than I.

The question is.. does anybody can report the satisfaction about the Luma Tri-Spec 100W 90 LED Grow Light Panel? Im not sure if this forum can allow publicity so to avoid problem i'll post just the specification, the product is that above:

2. Specifications

Operation Voltage: AC120/+10% 60Hz
Input Current : 500 mA
Power Consumption : 100W
Operation Environment: -28℃~30℃ RH≤90℃
1W High intensity LED bulbs: 60 x Red, 20 x Blue, 10 x White.
Wavelength: Red: 660+5nm nm, Blue: 465+5nm
Intensity: ≥5000LU*30CM
Maximum Working area: ≥80㎡
Operation height: 0.3/0.6/0.9 m
Over-heat protection: Yes
Dimension : 300x300x135mm
Working angle : 120°

I found this product for just 280 us, so im considering to get one...

X

Xceptional

dud you work for this company don't you? i just saw your post on another forum it looks like you are copying and pasting this into every mj site and you have zero posts on all the sites until you posted this advertisement slash indirect feedback request.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
dud you work for this company don't you? i just saw your post on another forum it looks like you are copying and pasting this into every mj site and you have zero posts on all the sites until you posted this advertisement slash indirect feedback request.

Oh Snap!

R

Radio_Dread

haha yeah some advice would be ditch the LED light for 280 and get yourself a proven 1000w HID. you will thank me later.

D

danielfm

whay that supouse to mean?? just coz i went a several forum e ask the same shit im beeing judge?? what is that? i dont have the right to sign me in and ask what i want (respecting the forum laws)??

i just want to know several opinions before i got that painel... if u dony have nonthing userfull to say.. please do not participate in my thread...

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

If you are really into the idea of trying LED's you should go for it.....but brother, if you are wanting to get results you'll be happy with stick with proven lighting technologies like HID, T-5's.

The reason people seem to be so harsh about the LED thing is that the LED companies have been trying to fool the MJ community for many years now. Big talk unfortunately doesn't result in photosynthesis, go figure?

Fact is that as soon as LED's are worth a shit you'll see companies like Hydrofarm and Sunlight Supply pasting their names all over them and pimping that shit at every grow shop on the planet....until then play it safe and go with what works.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Looks like pretty good genetics and about $100,000 worth of LED's to produce a 1 foot high plant canopy.....judge, I rest my case.

But seriously though, the question isn't whether or not the LED's work (Light tends to grow plants)....it's whether or not it's a comparable/ fiscally viable option. Ask 100 proven growers and you'll get 100 different answers, fact is that it will be 100 different ways of saying they don't cut the mustard.

LED's are generally most appealing to those beginning the art of gardening, they don't know any better. Problem is that these are typically the folks that need to succeed the most.

Garden of Dreams...thanks for sharing the video, always nice to see pretty flowers.

convex

convex

5000 lumens @ 1 ft - might as well run a couple of 42 watt CFL's
$10 vs $280 with relatively same results.

D

danielfm

5000 lumens @ 1 ft - might as well run a couple of 42 watt CFL's
$10 vs $280 with relatively same results.

NO WAY!!!!! im not talking about about thoose chinese led painel that u saw been oferted at ebuy for 40box... with 300 leds and just 13watts..

im talking about about a led grow painel made at canada with a garanteee satisfaction... now u belive??

X

Xceptional

hey like i said over at skool it's just not ready for the market. it is overpriced and underpowered. if you are not a salesman my bad.

R

Radio_Dread

oh yeah i mean LED will make a plant grow, vegatativly. but when it comes to flowering the plants LEDs just cant compare to 1k HPS ya know.:big_boss:

R

Radio_Dread

what was the bud structure like under an LED light? dense or fluffy?

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I really dont believe anyone has seen better or equal buds. LED's simply do not have the light intensity to match even the smallest of HID lights. Plants dont get big because your giving them a certain spectrum, or keeping your room cool, although this does factor in once all the other needs of your plants are met. Its about your light intensity, the amount of light hitting the plant and passing through the leafs to soak your buds and allow your plant to convert and process food/nutrients. Your plants will NEVER grow or match the output of a HID system, EVER NEVER EVER.........ever. It is a gimick marketed to young naive or older naive (keyword naive) begginner growers, hence the HUGE ads in high times. LED's at their best arnt able to match the output of even a small t5 set-up, much less HID's. I will confidently say that at no point EVER will LED's take over any part of the market, except maybe the newest of new completetly un educated market it already kinda dominates at this point. If you show me one guy who kinda made his LED's work by growing a couple 1/4oz plants after a year or so of work, then ill show you someone banging out QP's with a 250w under a cabinet first go round with a little guidence, lmao!.

This arguement and discussion of LED's is like saying "dude i fucking swear my Sonata will take that Corvette", nope it sure wont. But, maybe a couple guys stripped there Sonatas out put a little Nitrous Oxide here simple little turbo there and your maybe getting close to it in the 1/4mile but LIGHT years away from catching it in the long run.

The only place i like LED's is adorning an accenting the ceiling of my 55' Prevost, classy.

Otoe

B

billybadazz

Hey Dan save yourself some time,trouble and energy and buy a galaxy 600 ballast ($175) and a hps bulb ($60) for a total of $235 and save youself $45 on that piece of shit you think will work as good as an HID and quit believing the hype these LED distributing homo's are trying to have you beleive. DO LED'S work-yes. Do they work half as good as an HID?????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someday they will be good just not this year. SAVE YOUR MONEY for proven methods and technology bro.

C

CheebaMonkey

LEDS give off almost no heat so I don't see how you can achieve an optimal temperature for the canopy unless you use another heat source. Plus in all the grow journals I see people end up supplementing with cfls and still ending up with smaller buds. So in the end you are using more electricity than you think, and you're STILL getting lower yields.

People need to stop entertaining the idea that leds are worth it because it's misleading to novice growers. Keep it simple stupid!

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
If the entire room was paneled with Nasa LEDs then maybe. Cost would be around $266,000,000 for 10x10 room though.

Top Bottom